PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:28 PM   #1  
losing weight not my mind

Default emotional ALL the time!

I was diagnosed PCOS a long time ago (no periods or extremely long and heavy periods). When I'm supposed to have my period but don't I still get PMS-y symptoms like breakout, bloat, emotional (more than usual). But in general, I am just an extremely emotional person. It almost seems I can't talk to someone without getting tears in my eyes or just flat out bawling my eyes out while they stand there feeling uncomfortable and look for a way out. I mean, I can have normal conversations with strangers but the times I'm talking about when I end up crying is when someone talks to me about MY life and goals and whatnot. It's not just my hormones and it's not just a phase.. I am JUST an emotional person and it's really draining me. I do not want to take any pills or anti-depressants (I have been on them in the past and I was a zombie and furthermore I have no med insurance). So I need to know what I can do to not just completely break down everytime something dramatic happens or if someone asks me how my life is going.

I spoke with a very well known person today who has impacted me greatly in a positive manner and I was a blubbering IDIOT! I can't believe I cried in front of him.

Last week I spoke with someone at work (about my life) and started crying.

I can be driving and just start crying.

I'm tired of the tears.
skinnyin2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:38 PM   #2  

Height: 6-1.5

That is totally how clinical depression was diognosed in me. Anytime I talked about myself at all, I would cry. Not good for job interviews, let me tell you. When you are depressed, you have NO IDEA why you are depressed. You can't get UN-depressed. You are either angry, sad, pms-y, or weepy.

I took the anti-depressents for about 9 months, then got off them. I think my brain was re-trained to not take things so personally. I stopped taking them and found I was much less anxious-- I mean, things still bothered me, but they would not put me in a tailspin.

As far as med-insurance. I am well below the poverty line, and got them through a charity med-place. Many "clinics" for low income people will help people with medications and so on until they get on their feet. Please do not put off going to a doctor because you have no insurance. A dial a nurse, or the state agencies can often help you find a low income clinic where you can get decent help--
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:50 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I had a similar thing happen to me when I was on a certain BC pill, my emotions were totally out of whack. It sounds like you aren't on a BC pill though? I'm wondering if your hormones are out of whack and its causing it. You might want to look into BC pills, talk to your doctor, gynecologist, etc about it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:22 PM   #4  
losing weight not my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by giselley View Post
That is totally how clinical depression was diognosed in me. Anytime I talked about myself at all, I would cry. Not good for job interviews, let me tell you. When you are depressed, you have NO IDEA why you are depressed. You can't get UN-depressed. You are either angry, sad, pms-y, or weepy.

I took the anti-depressents for about 9 months, then got off them. I think my brain was re-trained to not take things so personally. I stopped taking them and found I was much less anxious-- I mean, things still bothered me, but they would not put me in a tailspin.

As far as med-insurance. I am well below the poverty line, and got them through a charity med-place. Many "clinics" for low income people will help people with medications and so on until they get on their feet. Please do not put off going to a doctor because you have no insurance. A dial a nurse, or the state agencies can often help you find a low income clinic where you can get decent help--
Thanks for the clinics idea. I'll do some research on that and hopefully find something. I just lost my job Thursday so that's not really helping my situation either.

I do find that I'm quite angry lately. Easily aggravated and then sad.

nelie - I do think my hormones are totally messed up since I have such sporadic periods with pcos (and I'm hypothyroid). I should be on bc but as I said no insurance. I've been taking vitamins for my thyroid.
I just want to be in a place where I don't have to take any pills. I figured if I lost weight (ate healthy and exercised) a lot of my medical "issues" would go away. I really believe that my weight has a lot to do with it especially since I didn't have these problems before I became obese.
I've never been any good at taking pills or remembering but I also can't stand feeling this way.

oh and giselley - you said that your brain was retrained to not take things personally.. that's what I need! I sometimes wonder how a person could NOT take something personally because we're people with emotions and feelings but I am constantly being told to not take something personally. Everything is personal for me. I wish it weren't.

Last edited by skinnyin2010; 01-17-2010 at 10:26 PM.
skinnyin2010 is offline   Reply With Quote