Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2002, 08:30 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Wednesday

Hey all,

I have the day off so I can write. How are ye all doing? I hope all is well. It has been so hot here it has killed my appetite. I have been struggling to make 20 points a day,, but he fact remains I have not been hungry. I have been dating around, but not sure if anything is going anywhere, but that;s okay I guess.

I start classes inn a week and a half!

Take Care!

Ali
Old 08-14-2002, 09:34 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey girls just a quick hi for the mo it's my last day of work for a week and a half! so o'm a busy bee this am todays also lunch out day and if they have it i'm getting my basil tomato and mozzarella salad from au bon pain and this lady was giving out free veggies and i have the best smelling tomatoes I want to grow some in my apt next semester does anyone know where i could get low acid tomato seeds? I also wanna get a window box herb garden thingie
Hi ali! glad your back hon as for the points if you're satisfied and not hungry why fight it just be careful
Old 08-14-2002, 09:42 AM   #3  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all... where is everyone this morning???

Nothing new with me, kind of tired today. Saw the S & C rerun last night and since Jayne thought it was so funny, I just had to stay up and watch. Oh well. Had a mommy and Emma night too, we went shopping since dad was at a meeting.

KO... There is a brand of yellow tomatoes that are low acid, but don't know the name off hand. I am not sure of any of the red ones that are, but if you need me too look up varieties when you get to that point, let me know. I am a Master Gardener (it's a certification I went through last fall)... so I have a lot of resources.

Hey Ali, nice to see you around. Good luck with school.

Guess I should do some work, but not in the mood. I am in a fink because of something someone said about me here. Hate that.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:04 AM   #4  

Hi Girlies!

I am here today, was off yesterday with my kids (didn't have daycare yesterday). Back to the grind. Doing pretty good OP wise. Going to eat well today and go for a 3 mile walk after work. I love this coming into work at 7 a.m. thing. Only can do it for a few more days though, the kids go back to their regular daycare on Monday. Then, when school starts, I will be back working 8:30 to 5 p.m., yuck!!!

I haven't had a chance to read thru all of the posts from yesterday. You guys sure were a chatty bunch!

Kier ~ I love tomatoes, my MIL just gave me a bunch from her garden, the downside...I will have canker sores for months now. Oh well, they taste awesome!!

Jen ~ Don't let comments at work get you down....sometimes you have to consider the source.

Ali ~ Nice to see you again, I can't believe you will be going back to school soon, seems like you just got done!!

Friday is my WI day this week, I haven't weighed for two weeks, so I am hoping for some kind of loss, we will see.

Well, better get some work done, talk to you all in a little bit.....
Old 08-14-2002, 10:43 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey girls back again!
Jen you just tell us who the bad mouthing wench is and we'll unzip a case of 3fc style whooparse on him/her so fast they wont know what hit em
as for my tomatoes I need a variety i can grow indoors
Tonya i'm right there with ya on the tomatoes I'm allergic to citric acid and still i indulge! as much as i want to graduate I'm not loking forward to going back to the old routine school work sleep
and ofcourst the occaisional
bbiab
Kier
Old 08-14-2002, 10:53 AM   #6  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning Ladies -

Ali - Hope the weather lifts soon and you feel more like yourself.

Kier - enjoy your time away from work. I'd love a week and a half off!

Jen - try to let the co-worker comment roll off your back....and remember, we think you're great!

Tonya - Too bad about having to go back to the later work schedule. I know you were enjoying having a little time to yourself in the afternoons.

Yesterday was day 4 of being perfectly OP for me. I know it isn't that huge of an accomplishment but considering that I probably didn't have a single OP day through June or July, I'm feeling mighty proud of myself.

I've been having a quiet life lately mostly because work has been a little busy but seems like that is about to change. A bunch of us are going out for dinner and drinks Thursday, I've got a lunch planned for Friday, I'm cooking dinner for a friend on Friday and we're having Girls Night Out on Saturday. So this is my plan for coping with all the food outings. Thursday - a salad for dinner and I volunteered to be the DD so I don't have to worry about drinks, another salad for lunch Friday, I'm cooking Friday night so can make that fit to my points, and I think that Saturday as a "reward" for all my hard work this week that I'm going to plan a drink or 2 into my points and then stick with diet coke. Does that sound like a plan? Does anyone have any other suggestions for me?

Most of the management team I work with is out of the office today so I'm suffering from a "cat's away" attitude. Hope all of you come out to play today!

Laura
Old 08-14-2002, 11:14 AM   #7  

OK, here is the source... and it is quite low on the maturity level. The receptionist that gave her 2 weeks notice is telling everyone that I am mad at her and basically being a meany because she quit. WHAT....... Yes I am upset... WHY, because now I have to find a new employee to replace her and it's a pain in a butt. And, she called in sick on Monday because she is so upset about quitting (she told someone else that). OK, this lady is in her 50's, she made the choice, now she can't live with it. Is is my fault?? Also, Since she was gone on Monday and I was busy covering her paperwork and finding a new replacement.... I AM BUSY. That happens. For some reason, the reception position was put under me, so it is my duty to deal with it. ARGGG... so I talked to the boss lady and she said that she is probably thinks others are mad at her too (she heard what she said about me). It is all a crock.

Thanks for letting me spill it!
Old 08-14-2002, 12:06 PM   #8  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Morning!

Morning everyone! Just got into work about 1/2 hour ago. I had a dentist appointment, which isn't the ideal way to start a day, but it was just a routine cleaning and the dentist told me that I have great teeth. He also informed me that I really should take my tongue piercing out because it is causing the gums that cover the backsides of my bottom teeth to die and causing a lot of tooth that shouldn't normally be exposed to become exposed. I've had it pierced for about 4 years and am pretty attached to it, but when I got it pierced, I told myself that if it caused any dental problems, I'd take it out. I'm going to tell BF the bad news tonight. He'll be disappointed, he thinks it's cool. Then, it's goodbye tongue bar...

My WW leader gave us a really great idea at my last meeting, so I went to the grocery store last night and purchased the things for it. She suggested making a 2-pt snack box. That way, when I want a snack, instead of standing in front of the cupboard wondering what to eat, I can pull out my snack box and take something instead of pigging out. I put in some Goldfish crackers, animal cookies, York peppermint patties, 2 points bars, Rice Crispy treats, Kudo's bars, and Smart Pop. I have one at work and one at home. I think it's swell.

Ali--Hello! Haven't heard from you in awhile, glad to hear that you're doing well. I'm kind of the same way in the hot weather, nothing sounds good.

Kier--When you figure out how to grow a windowbox herb garden thing, let me know. I've always wanted to do the same thing, but just haven't got around to it. Oh, and I'm not really much of a gardener. (Can you say blackthumb?)

Jen--A Master Gardener? Wow! That's really impressive, considering that I can't keep hardly anything alive! As far as the comment from your co-worker, just brush it off. If he/she is like that at work, they probably have nothing making them happy at home. Just be glad that you're not in their situation.

Tonya--Sorry to hear that you can't keep your work schedule how it is permanently. I know I really like coming in at 7:30 because I have a little bit of my evening left.

Laura--Good job staying OP! And 4 days is a good accomplishment, for some people (me) it's considered an accomplishment if I spend one day OP.

OK, it's lunch time. I'm going to concentrate on my popcorn and salad. I'll check back later, probably!!

Old 08-14-2002, 12:15 PM   #9  
Proud Canadian

Hi everybody! I'm around - very busy at work right now, they've finally posted the position so I can apply and I guess we'll see what happens. My sister's wedding was FANTASTIC. Everything went smoothly, everyone looked great and had a great time and my sister was totally relaxed and happy. I was going to post photos last night but I was too tired (it was my birthday!) I'll try again tonight when I get home. Back to work!
KT
Old 08-14-2002, 12:17 PM   #10  

Hey Jess, I used to have a snack box too. Had baggies with things in. Then hubby complained that there wasn't enough snack in the bag. So I just stopped doing it. I know, bad me. The other thing we do now is buy individual sized bags of chips. NOT the big grab bag size, but the little ones. Most are 3 points, a couple are 4. But that way I have to stop eating when the bag is empty. Works wonderful and I get more selection!!!
Old 08-14-2002, 12:28 PM   #11  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KT!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2002, 12:43 PM   #12  
Cockeyed Optimist

Jess - snack box is a great idea - thanks for passing it along.

KT - Happy Belated B-day! Good luck with the job.

O.K. this maybe a little over the top but I'm going to say it anyway. The new bra I'm wearing? Wasted on work. This thing is absolutely a going out on Saturday night bra!
Old 08-14-2002, 01:00 PM   #13  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Hi Everyone!! I'm actually doing work ... what's up with that???

Talk more later ...
Old 08-14-2002, 01:11 PM   #14  
Water Freak

Hey everyone! I'm busily posting and reading all the message boards possible because I really want to eat some sesame sticks now even though I am not hungry and don't have the points. Grr. I think I will go out on the porch and read for a bit next. That and figure out what-all I need to get packed up for moving stuff up to school next week. Anyway, today has been pretty OP, I had a super early drs appointment so no walk in the morning, but I am going this evening when it cools down a little. And I am getting my hair cut in a bit so that should get me out of the house for a while. Oh, and now my mom wants me to help out w/ laundry, so I have to get going. Be back later to post more!

Catherine
Old 08-14-2002, 03:58 PM   #15  

I am outta here for the day. Off to walk for 3 miles, then grilling out with my family.

See you girls tomorrow!
Closed Thread