Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 01-16-2010, 04:15 AM   #1  
Health Rookie

S/C/G: 232/227/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Alli success and horror stories?????

Hello ladies,

Let me know your good/bad experiences with Alli. I am still on the fence about taking this product. I have researched everything about this product, but I want to hear from people that have used it. Tips and warnings are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

~Marti~
Marti4484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:40 AM   #2  
I'm not drunk, I have MS.

S/C/G: HW:250/SW://170

Height: 5'8" Apple Shape

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qa_D6qWTuU is rather interesting. There are some other good ones too. Personally, I will NEVER be tempted to use this stuff, but good luck whatever you decide
ShootingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

lol I'll keep you posted on alli, I'm receiving my first pack in a few days... this ought to be interesting..I'm known to diet well and then binge on fast food... can you imagine... well.. good luck those of you who are on it...I'll post again soon enough! Oh, ps- I am on a restricted calorie diet and slight exercise plan already... all will be incorporated- about 1200 cals a day, 15-30 min on bike, 40 crunches, 1/2-1 mile on treadmill, these daily most days.
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I took it when it was still prescription, followed the instructions regarding fat and still had the worst kind of accident. I had to go home from work. I think I figured out taht the fat requirements needed to be per 24 hours, not per day as we traditionally think of it. I think it's 30 that you can have? Let's go wtih that. So you need to keep track of what time you ate the fat so that you don't go over 30 in a 24 hour period, not that you had 22 at 5pm today and then 27 at 7am tomorrow.
rachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:34 AM   #5  

Cool My Start...

My first pill will be with dinner tonight... wish me luck!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:23 AM   #6  

Default Alli....

I'm checking in to let yall know that I have had a side effect that you might not know about. I had heard about it before- hair loss. I'm not completely freaked out because my hair was very thick and now is probably normalish... but YES it really is hair loss, not just me noticing normal loss. I contribute this to a vitamin deficiency, that my multivitamin does not have all that I need.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #7  
AAB

Default Alli results!

Hi all,

Day 4 using Alli and down 4.2 pounds already! I have had absolutely zero side (treatment yikes!) effects. I have been combining Alli with the Weight Watchers online program but for those familiar with WW, I have been eating my full 26 points plus digging about 5 points per day into the allocated bonus points. So my diet has been quite low fat but today I went for coffee with a friend and had a bagel with butter (I blotted it with a napkin though) and then took my kids for sushi and had one piece of tempura (verrrrry greasy and not blotted). Now I feel nauseated but 3 hours later and no grossness or "oily encounters"...Aside from a few short bike rides with my kids I have completed zero dedicated exercise but that is not like me and I do usually do an hour or cardio + weights about 3 times per week. I am 5'4" and have creeped up to a scary 177 lbs. As of mid day today (after having had 2 meals), I am down to 172.8. My goal is 150 which at close to 40 years old and having had 2 kids seems like a good goal. That usually puts me at a size 6/8.

Does anyone have any current Alli successes?
AAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/150/145

Height: 5'7"

I lost about 60lbs taking it, you have to follow the instructions to the letter or you have side effects, I found that knowing the likely outcome of eating too much fat stopped me doing so.

The upside was the I lost 60lbs relatively quickly. The downside was that although I was only taking two a day, so that I could have some fat with my vitamin K supplement in the mornings, my skin really dried out. I was constantly rubbing in hand cream and using the most expensive moisturiser I could find, my skin was still cracking because it was so dry.

I've also tried Litramine, which I've found works nearly as well and doesn't leave me feeling like I'm being mummified while still alive.

In the interests of full disclosure, I'm a very pale skinned Celt, we tend to have very dry skin at the best of times, perhaps someone with a more olive skin tone wouldn't have the same problems...
Trudiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 206/144/120

Height: 5'3"

I lost about 30 lbs with Alli a few years back and I followed it to a T. Never had any side effects.
greenviolets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:17 PM   #10  
Swollen

S/C/G: 301/301/180

Height: 5'9"

You have to follow the diet plan EXACTLY.

I did not. I can't remember what I had but I'm sure it was full of sause....
Anyway, I didn't have an accident but when it was time for a #2 the smell of what was released (oil spill) made me vomit. Sorry to be so graphic.

I would not try it again.
Alhamdulillah is offline   Reply With Quote