Old 01-15-2010, 03:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/209/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Exercising Sick? Feeling guilty

Hi all,

I've come down with a nasty virus...I cannot stop coughing, for the life of me, my body aches, I have a sore throat and I am incredibly congested. I was feeling pretty awful after getting home from the doc after work yesterday, but I still forced myself to do a 30 minute workout. I came in under on calories, too, because I just don't have an appetite, though I know I need to eat.

Today is a thousand times worse. I did not got to work and I feel like an aching wet rag. I've had weight control oatmeal and juice (a treat) for bfast, light chicken and brown rice soup for lunch, with a Crystal Light lemonade. My father in law's birthday celebration is tonight, which I was very much looking forward to, but I will not be going. My hubby will bring me something back, though - and I have 888 calories left in my day to play with, so I should be fine. Nonetheless...I'm not active, at all, today, for the first time in over 2 weeks. What can I do to not lose the momentum that I've gained in this program? I feel so guilty just sitting here. Is it worth forcing perhaps 15 minutes of light cardio? I know that it's good to let your body rest, but I am trying so hard with this plan that I feel like a failure, and I can't imagine that it would hurt me that much to force in a little workous. What do I do? Have any of you faced this dilemma?
IrishMomma2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:13 PM   #2  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

If you feel as terrible as you do, I think its safe to just sit a day out and REST. Sometimes its good to exercise while just a little sick, but if your so miserable that your a thousand times worse than the day before, just sit it out. I feel guilty when I do this, but I just say I'm not helping my body by stressing it out more. Just promise yourself you'll work out when you feel better. Rest, eat and feel better
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 152/151/118

Height: 5'7

I think it would be good to rest. Think of it this way, if you work out today and it makes u even sicker, or keeps u from getting better, that could be another day.. or even days.. of being sick and and unable to do your workout. listen to your body! Taking care of yourself is nothing to feel guilty about
AutumnSky is offline   Reply With Quote