Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2002, 07:41 PM   #1  

Default Help - I need some seriouse support ...

I've been reading posts for weeks - and just last week really realized how I need to commit myself to losing weight now. I've been doing Slimfast - and feeling full - but sticking to the program perfectly. Worked out a few times - I drink at least 100 oz. of water a day. And this is where I always lose my steam. A week or two in, when I'm not seeing any results. While I KNOW this is ridiculouse because I'm not going to see any results in a week - the scale has gone up - not down and I'm frantic.

Anyone offer me some advice on how to calm down and focus on the day by day - and accept that it will be weeks or months before I feel or notice a weight loss? I was eating so poorly - and now I've really cut back - I don't understand? How have others dealt with being patient? Especially when you have alot of weight to lose?

I'm 70 pounds overweight - put on 20 of it after the death of my father. I've avoided getting healthy for 10 years - and now I'm ready but terrified that I'll not see results and just give up.

HELP!
Old 08-13-2002, 09:07 PM   #2  

Default Hey Neighbor!

Hi Betty!
I'm sorry you are struggling.
I just wanted to off you a cyber hug...
It's really hard...but you are worth it.

I've never done Slimfast, so I can't help you with that.
But I can tell you that Weight Watchers is wonderful.

Also, I live one town over from you in Braintree!
I grew up mostly in Quincy!

Hang in there...keep your chin up...you CAN do this!

Hugs,
Sarah
Old 08-13-2002, 09:26 PM   #3  
Marathon Goddess

Its so hard, but hey we didnt put the weight on in one day, we arent going to be able to take it all off in one day!!!!! Hang in there sister. I, so know how you are feeling, and I wish I could offer some really great advise, but all I can say is just hold on, it does happen! I have faith in you, dont give up!!!!!
Old 08-13-2002, 10:28 PM   #4  

Angry Hi Bette!

I just wanted to say hi and that you've certainly come to the right place to get dieting support! The ladies here rock! If you stick with a low-calorie, low-carb, low-fat diet, you WILL start to see results soon!

It's possible that the scale is just playing tricks on you. If you weighed yourself at different times of the day, that could be the culprit right there. I ALWAYS weigh 2 or 3 pounds more at night than first thing in the morning so I consistently weigh myself in the morning. ALSO... if it's approaching that TOM (time of the month), you tend to retain water.

It helps (but it's hard to do) to just weigh yourself once a week, on a scheduled day. That way, normal weight fluctuations from day to day won't play yo-yo with your emotions!

I too have 70 pounds to lose now BUT I've already lost almost 50 in the last few months! It CAN be done with determination!

My advice... post here everyday! It really helps keep you on track (it's kind of like journalling). Join an established thread here that fits with your diet plan... these women here are a GREAT source of support. Drink LOTS of water... I noticed a significant increase in my weekly loss when I finally heeded everyone's advice and drank up!

-------------
Sara

"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today!"
Old 08-14-2002, 08:54 AM   #5  

Default THANK YOU

Thanks guys so much - I re-read my post this morning and realized how silly I'm being. And I knew that at the time - but I'm getting so anxious about it. I think mostly because my weight has been such an issue for me - I've let it control my life - and now I finally feel like I have the willpower and determination to lose it - to do what I need to - and I'm wanting to see some results for a difficult first week. But I do know that I have to give it time.

I drink a ton of water - work out - don't eat after 7pm - I've been doing slimfast and eating a really healthy meal and snacks everyday. I know that I just have to have faith that it will come off and one of these days I'll see all the results.

But your posts really helped me to not feel so alone in the process. And also not feel so silly and paniced. I guess when you finally realize you want to change something about your life you want it to start right away. It has - I'm just going to have to chill and wait for results.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Old 08-14-2002, 12:20 PM   #6  

Angry Hi again!

No problem Bette! That's what we're here for!

I hope you come back and post on this site often! As I said, just pick a thread that interests you and post away! Newbies are always welcome. Posting every day REALLY helps keep you in line and motivated.

Have a great day!
Sara
Old 08-28-2002, 01:47 AM   #7  

Hi, I can not believe how much I can relate to what you are saying, I have about 100lbs to lose, and feel so overwhelmed, and not sure just where to start, I came upon this site when surfing the web and I really dont know how to use it all that much, I am also looking for support and it seems like this web site can give it, even know the weight didnt get put on overnight it sure would be nice for it to come off that way, to me it feels like sometimes I really didnt think I was as big as I am, then one day when seeing a picture of myself I thought omg is that really how I look, I am looking forward to the support, and losing weight and just feeling better about myself, if any one has any leads for this site on getting started I would apprieciate it
Old 08-28-2002, 09:38 AM   #8  

Default Blancita - you're not alone

Hey - thanks for the email - its soo soo frustrating, isn't it. I've been on slim-fast and working out for the last 5 weeks - but not losing any weight - I think I'm not eating a very healthy meal each day and I have binged on the weekends.

Work your way around the site - I think it will offer you a ton of help and support.

If you have any interest in a buddie to comiserate with - someone to talk through how you're going to do it - since you and I seem to have such similar views and feelings about our weight loss, feel free to email me directly - I'd LOVE a partner to go through this with - someone to chat about it to. My email address: [email protected]

Hang in there -

xoxo
Old 08-28-2002, 07:50 PM   #9  

Default Come on over!!!

Come take a look at the 21 day challenge and the 5 day challenge!! Lots of the same people post to both and we are always looking for newcomers!!

Lots of us have been on the journey for a long time so we already have lots in common.

Come on over!!
Closed Thread