Old 01-15-2010, 09:18 AM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default Should I count this week as a loss or no

Quick Background - about 2 yrs ago I lost 70 lbs, then I had a baby and gained 50 lbs with my pregnancy. I've since lost the baby weight + 10 lbs and then I have stalled/plateaued for the last 3 months because I'm either exercising and not quite eating right or I'm eating pretty well (maybe not well enough), but not exercising.

So the new year is here and I'm committed, completely motivated. Last week my exercise and diet were in sync and I lost 1.2 lbs (187-185.8). I wasn't thrilled with the results, because I was losing 2-3 lbs a week before, but a loss is a loss. Then the weekend came and DH and I went out for the first time in months and I splurged on alcohol and food and then the next day I splurged again at breakfast and dinner. Before this used to be no big deal and maybe resulted in a pound or two of water retention that was usually gone by Tuesday, but this time the scale said 189 on Monday! By Wednesday I was back to 187, where I started. I'm also sick this week so I missed 2 of my workouts which I plan to make up this weekend. Anyway, today I'm back to 185.8. So in technically I've lost nothing this week, but I supposed I could also view it as a loss because at the begining of the week I was at 189.

Maybe I need to go to just once a week weighing. My goal this week is to get my weekends under control, I think that is what is killing me. I guess when I had 100+ lbs to lose a splurge on the weekend is no big deal, but now that I have -50 lbs to lose a splurge on the weekend can break me. I think I'll start cycling and put one of the high cal days on a Saturday. I really just need that break sometimes and maybe cycling might be the ticket. I also think that my body is just dealing with the needing to lose only 50 lbs differently than it was dealing with needing to lost 100+ lbs and is taking it's time figuring it out.

I think this post was more of just a journaling for me and less of a question, so thanks for listening!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote