Old 01-14-2010, 01:37 PM   #1  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Default TMI Thread!

This isn't a thread for anything in particular, just anything that's embarrassing, gross, and just TMI in general, haha. Within reason, of course, but this forum is about supporting each other as our bodies change. I'm personally shameless about sharing and discussing such things, and sometimes those "dirty details" can be a good indicator of how our bodies are functioning. We tend to not discuss them because it's icky, but they tell us a lot about our health.

I will start.

For the last few weeks, I've been much more conscious about my water intake. Sodium is my downfall when it comes to food, so I need to watch it and make sure I'm drinking water. I don't necessarily monitor how much I'm drinking by amount, but I look at my pee, haha. Before, it was normal for me to have dark yellow, now I always check and feel a legitimate sense of pride when I see a pale yellow, haha.

I know you guys have some TMI thoughts...let's here 'em! Pee, poop, farts, TOM, sex, whatever, lol

Last edited by mkendrick; 01-14-2010 at 01:38 PM.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:57 PM   #2  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Haha, I've had that to! I've always liked "gross" things - I don't know, I guess I figured it was my body, and I have the right to know what I want about it.

They always say that you can judge how healthy you are but what comes out of your body. I always have a look, which I guess is weird LOL
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:24 PM   #3  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Oh, I'm not content unless mine is running clear.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:32 PM   #4  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

I've never been able to drink enough water to make my pee clear! It's one of my (not so high) ambitions!

Let's see... This isn't related to weight loss or weight (or hey, maybe it is!) but I have an extremely inconsistent TOM. As in, I get it once or twice a year. Three times on a good year! Of course I've considered going to the doctor's about it... but three things always stop me: I don't want anyone looking at my bajingo; I live with my father and he pays for everything for me as I'm a full time college student. We're very close, but we've never talked about that. I don't want to start now!; and the big one--I don't want to be fixed! Having TOM once or twice a year is a pain enough (I always lose a good pair of panties--and only one if I'm lucky), I couldn't imagine having to deal with it 12 times in a year!
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I used to have my TOM TWICE a month. The pill fixed that. Constant cramps, PSM, bloating...yuck...
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:39 PM   #6  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Vulpix View Post
I've never been able to drink enough water to make my pee clear! It's one of my (not so high) ambitions!

Let's see... This isn't related to weight loss or weight (or hey, maybe it is!) but I have an extremely inconsistent TOM. As in, I get it once or twice a year. Three times on a good year! Of course I've considered going to the doctor's about it... but three things always stop me: I don't want anyone looking at my bajingo; I live with my father and he pays for everything for me as I'm a full time college student. We're very close, but we've never talked about that. I don't want to start now!; and the big one--I don't want to be fixed! Having TOM once or twice a year is a pain enough (I always lose a good pair of panties--and only one if I'm lucky), I couldn't imagine having to deal with it 12 times in a year!
Just a note on that- having fewer than 4 periods a year is usually cause for concern. Also, if $$$ and modesty is an issue, please check out your local planned parenthood for low cost care (they can even do it on a sliding scale).

I had that same issue and I'm paying for it now. However, PP was very helpful in getting me back on track!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/190/145

Height: 5'3

Quote:

I had this issue for several years. I was the same way. I liked not have TOM! It was great. Finally, after about 4 years I went to the doctor and I found out I had PCOS which was why I had the weight gain and missing periods, along with other symptoms. Dr. told me I was going to have a difficult time getting pregnant and I did. Finally, I started exercising and eating right and lost nearly 50 lbs - this was about 3 years ago - I used to be a regular on 3FC...now I am just finding my way back.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know you're not alone. PM me if you have questions.
sockmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

I had really mixed up periods as well. I'd go months without one, then have it for 2 weeks straits, then start up again like 2 weeks later then nothing. It was completely random. So in grade 8 my doctor put me on the pill.... and overnight I developed breasts. Like we're taking from a small B to a LARGE C. I literally woke up one morning, and was like "what the **** are those things!?!" The change was so noticeable that a family friend pulled my mom aside and asked if she truly thought it was appropriate for a girl of 13 to get a boob job! My poor mother!

Last edited by shantroy; 01-14-2010 at 03:04 PM.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:16 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 264/260.5/150

Height: 5'6"

I love that you called it a bajingo! But I'm on board with the whole pee color thing. I love it when mine is clear. And it is happening more often now that I drink a lot more water. I've almost kicked the coke zero habit, still holding on to about one a day. Soon it will be a thing of the past.
ToriLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

Oh, periods. I've been dealing with PCOS since i was 14 years old, so I'm used to having sketchy periods, maybe 4 a year? Or being on the pill, which makes them super short and light.

Since I've lost weight and moved in with three very hormonal females, I get mine every single month...and I hate it. I'm always mopey and pissy and lethargic because its not "fair". Today is day 5 and I'm all mad about it and yelling at my uterus!
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

On the pee topic- mine is always neon yellow because of my multi-vitamin, but it's lighter or darker neon yellow depending on how much water I drink.

And for fun (I posted this on the C25K thread last Sunday):
Alright, Week 3 Day 1. I ended up at Piedmont Park which is a little bit of a drive but it's a major park so i figured the main path would be clear of ice by now, and it was for the most part. So about 15 seconds into my first run I feel my underwear shifting a bit. What? woah.. no no nooooo... yup, they fell down to the bottom of my butt So I finish my 90 second run, check to ensure no one is behind me, and pull up my undies in a not so descreet fashion. Come run number 2, it happens again! This time people ARE behind me, and probably wondering what on earth that lump under my butt is! So at the end of that run I had to go off the trail and hide behind a tree to pull them up (call me old fashioned, but I just don't shove my hands down the back of my pants in public). Luckily they stayed up for my last two runs. The upside- I was completely distracted from how hard the run was! But seriously ladies, test your panties before wearing them to run in public!
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:40 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 133/132/118

Height: 5'4"

I love to see clear pee as well! I drink about 8 bottles of water, i have to go every hour!!! I love water!

as for the periods....go to planned parent hood stat!!! you may have a serious problem, and if you tell them your money situation they will treat you for free.
maenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:47 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
bajingo
Yes!

On the pee discussion... the one thing that bothers me about drinking more water is just the constant trips to the toilet. I can fill my bladder in less than an hour. Gah!
yossarianlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:01 PM   #14  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

On the pee topic, I check every trip to the restroom too! haha

I'm also the kind of person who doesn't find this stuff apalling and talks about it openly. So, since nobody has really said anything about it yet, I'll be the person to post. Sometimes when I haven't 'gone' in a couple days, then I finally do... I have to check it. I know that the color/consistency/etc of your poo can tell you a lot, so I always want to know.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:04 PM   #15  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Yeah, I'm with you star. I'm usually pretty, uh, regular, as long as I eat what I'm supposed to, but the day that I have too much sodium or too much fiber, man does it SUCK. Also, if I don't exercise, I don't go, and I HATE THAT.

This whole weight loss thing has made me my own biology experiment.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote