Old 01-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 171/162 as of Jan 8/130

Height: 5'8"

Talking What to do with Strawberry Banana Gelatin

Hi all ...
I'm hoping you can help clue me in on what to do with the strawberry banana gelatin. I like the flavor, but I'm sick of waiting for it to solidify in the fridge. Has anybody mixed it with anything?

I'm thinking a vanilla pudding/strawberry banana smoothie might be good. I'm not sure if the pudding would set too fast to drink it though. Not sure if I can use it as a cooking sauce either.

On another note, I've lost 9.5 pounds and 11" as of January 8 (day 25), and I am totally psyched!
Kimonse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/164/140

Height: 5'8

Congrats on your loss! I mix the strawberry banana jello with 6-8oz of hot water (boiling) and sometimes with cinnamon...tastes like apple cider...kind of. I have it every night before bed!
gish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:28 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6''

I like it and find it way filling, so i just make it up early...sorry I'm no help.
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:56 AM   #4  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimonse View Post
Hi all ...
I'm hoping you can help clue me in on what to do with the strawberry banana gelatin. I like the flavor, but I'm sick of waiting for it to solidify in the fridge. Has anybody mixed it with anything?

I'm thinking a vanilla pudding/strawberry banana smoothie might be good. I'm not sure if the pudding would set too fast to drink it though. Not sure if I can use it as a cooking sauce either.

On another note, I've lost 9.5 pounds and 11" as of January 8 (day 25), and I am totally psyched!

hey, if you thinking mixing a couple of things together sounds good, then just give it a try. I have mixed the gelatin with other hns when I was short on supplies and it tasted really good. I think mixing it with the pudding sounds pretty yummy. I am gonna give it a try. One of the things I mix regularly is the grapefruit hns with the fiber -- love it!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 0/62/67

Height: 5'5"

This morning I took my 4 oz of cottage cheese and mixed it with 1/2 package of the Strawberry Banana gelatin and 1 package of Splenda in the blender. It was pretty yummy. (It sorts of tastes like thick yogurt.) But here I what I recommend - make it with 8 oz of cottage cheese and the entire package of gelatin with 2 packets of Splenda, that way it's easier to get out of the blender with less waste. I think it was pretty good, but might have been even better chilled at bit. Also, if you are starving you might want to skip this, 4 oz of blended cottage cheese is not that much! But with a late morning wake-up it seemed plenty with a piece of toast.
E4FEwife is offline   Reply With Quote