Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 02:39 PM   #1  

Unhappy OK Guys I really need your help

I have been feeling crappy recently because of my allergies and have gotten really lazy. I am so totally unmotivated it's not even funny. I was never a "sweets" craver but recently I have been eating ice cream, cookies, and cake daily and when I don't have any I get really "pissy". Thought I might be pregnant but took a test and it's not that. I think I have gained all my weight back and I am physically uncomfortable - Amazing what a 20 pound difference makes. Can someone out there slap me out of this? Ok sorry for the whining -I would have some cheese with that whine but it's not sweet enough

Kim
336/I'm afraid to get weighed/170
Old 08-12-2002, 03:14 PM   #2  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Kim, first of all weigh yourself so you know where you are at. Second why don't you join our points challenge? Obviously those that started at the beginning are going to have a lot more points but even jumping in half way will be okay because that will get you set to go at the beginning of the next 30 day challenge. I'll tell you that this has been the best thing (THANKS SANDI!!) that we've ever done as far as helping keep me motivated. Journalling how much I am eating is sure a kick in the rear. You don't have to follow points or calories or whatever. Just decide the night before what you are going to eat...a good breakfast, a small midmorning snack, a healthy lunch, a midafternoon snack and a small dinner. Throw all that other crap out unless someone else in the house eats it (not like they need it either) and tell them to hide it from you. Out of sight, out of mind.

Lastly are you diabetic? Maybe you should have your blood sugar checked. Are you going to the bathroom lots even though you aren't drinking a lot of water? Can't hurt to get the dr to check your blookwork.
Old 08-12-2002, 03:32 PM   #3  

I'm coming up on my ragweed allergy season this week and I know how punky that can make me feel. I find, though, that the years I am most careful a bout my diet and vitamins, I get through better.

Are you taking meds for the allergies? They can also help kill your motivation. It's about all you can do to get through the day sometimes.

I agree you must be sure you're not diabetic. Particularly the response to anything coming between you and your sweets.

Beyond that, all I can offer is a cheer and a tug to get you back at it. You took the big step to post, you want to be back OP. Maybe your plan was too stringent for you to start off. Little steps will get you to success too. Six small meals a day will help the cravings etc. Even if the dr says you're not technically a diabetic, the diabetic exchange diet is a good one to follow for a healthy lifestyle (ask dr, of course). I'm not totally on it now but I was at one time and sort of based my "plan" loosely on it (with a bunch of other stuff I learned on other plans thrown in for good measure).

So, I'm behind you, propping you up as I know you would me. Now for the next step.......will be waiting to hear.
Old 08-12-2002, 03:40 PM   #4  

Thanks for that slap in the face guys....I never even thought of the diabetic thing, but I have noticed recently even time I stand up ( from sitting, or laying down) I feel like I have to pee right then and there. Calling doc now.

Kim
336/???/170
Old 08-12-2002, 03:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Come on, get on that scale.....Close your eyes.....put one foot on....okay, now the other.......now slowly......slowy....open one eye......okay, quickly open them both........now stand there with your mouth open, while looking at that number.....Now jump off....and let's get started. You can do this! You've been doing it. So you had a set back, that's okay. Next year when you get attacked by your allergies and what not, you'll be alot thinner. Let's look at this from a different point. In twelve weeks, do you want to get on the scale and see a loss or a gain? I've got my hand out, are you gonna take it? Let's get you back on this wagon!!

YOU CAN DO IT!! WE BELIEVE IN YOU!!
Old 08-12-2002, 03:49 PM   #6  

OK I really really hate my doctor's office. I have an appointment next Tuesday (let's hope I don't drop dead before then ) but I'm grabbing the hands I jumped on the scale and it said E which means dagnabbit that I weigh over 330. So I'm just gonna say I'm right back at the beginning of 336 and start from there, shouldn't be a whole lot more than that cause a couple weeks ago it was 327. I probably won't eat tonight cause I had a late lunch, so here's to tomorrow......woooohoooo.

Kim
336/336?/170
Old 08-12-2002, 04:38 PM   #7  

Okay, everyone else gave great advice, so I don't have much to add other than I'm here for you! I KNOW you can do this!!! A set-back is just that; a set-back. It is not a failure unless you fail to overcome it. Again, I KNOW you can do this!!!

I'm glad you're going to the dr. next week. I'll be praying it is not diabetes.
Old 08-12-2002, 06:33 PM   #8  
hot mom wanna be!

Have you thought of trying a low carb diet? Maybe it would help. I have just started doing this myself and I have lost 7 pounds in just about two weeks. The best thing about it is, once you cut out the "bad carbs" you quit craving them (potatoes, pasta, bread, rice, candy, icecream, cookies, etc...) the only carbs you need to have is fruits and veggies for a few weeks and then you can slowly add them back in your diet a little at a time. you may feel better and more in control. they say these are "bad" because if too much is eaten it triggers your body to produce insulin and store fat. there are lots of low carb plans out there-check em out at the library or brouse your local bookstore. Also the 3fatchicks have a low carb group too!!
good luck!!
laura
Old 08-12-2002, 06:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Kim,

I'm so glad you took the first step and have gotten back on this wagon!
Old 08-12-2002, 07:27 PM   #10  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Kim - I am proud of you for jumping back on the wagon! Please let us know what the doctor says.
Old 08-12-2002, 08:18 PM   #11  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Kim - way to go!! You are already off to a great start. Dr's offices can be a big pain in the butt, actually a one week wait is pretty good. Usually I have to wait at least 2 if it isn't an emergency. Get your dr to do a full spread of blood work, check your thyroid, cholesterol as well as your sugar. That way you'll know where you stand.
Old 08-12-2002, 09:11 PM   #12  

I pulled out the WW books and dusted them off to begin with, I may try low carb but honestly with these cravings I might kill someone for a cake. Once I see what the doc finds out I'll go from there.
Old 08-12-2002, 09:22 PM   #13  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Kim - I am so proud of you for posting. That is the true first step. And getting on the scale, that's the second.

Feel free to jump back into the points challenge. I haven't been doing so great, let's be honest. I've been doing terrible, but I post every day good or bad. Can you imagine how bad I would have been doing without the challenge.

I agree about having a full scope of bloodwork done. I'll keep my fingers crossed about next Tuesday.

Glad to have you back!!
Old 08-12-2002, 09:51 PM   #14  

Kim - please just in case you are diabetic would you eat a small snack before bedtime? A high protein snack is preferable, I think. (I am not diabetic but my Mom is.) You can also check the diabetes thread under Dieting with Health Problems. I think you're wise not to decide on a specific diet plan until you have results of bloodwork. A moderate sensible approach will help you maintain until you see dr.

We're all hoping you're all A-ok and then can jump full force into whatever direction you choose.

Last edited by anagram; 08-12-2002 at 09:53 PM.
Old 08-13-2002, 06:47 AM   #15  

Well I do have one happy note to report I got weighed this morning and it was actually only 325.5 that is 10.5 less than I thought Ok here's to a good day.

Kim
336/325.5/170
Closed Thread