Old 01-11-2010, 06:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/206/180

Height: 6'0

Default What did you all eat the day before you started WW?

Just thought that this would be a fun thread...I restarted WW this past week (first weigh in will be tomorrow ) It really is the only program that I have ever had any luck in. Anyway, the day before I started, I ate:
Thai Pizza
McDonalds
DQ Blizzard (with extra toppings)
Anyone else have one last splurge?
tammygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

it was so long ago I really don't recall. But I can tell you Zaxby's was probably involved. Zaxby's was always my "one last splurge" choice.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/216.5/120

Height: 4'11

I'm with you on the Dairy Queen. I have had many "oh well I will start tomorrow's" ice cream is my FAV.... I started Jan 2 so just off all the holiday treats, I figured after 2 weeks of non stop eating I probably shouldn't have a "day before blow out too"
letstrythisagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:36 PM   #4  
So Ready

Hi! I'm new to this particular forum and not sure if I need to introduce myself or dive right in. I've been opting for the latter. My biggest indulgence is my mom's homemade candy, once a year at the holiday. The best thing, ever!

The thing that frustrates me is that I'm not a terrible eater. I haven't had full-fat ice cream in years, don't eat cake, candy or pie (unless it's the WW candy, and then only one or two at a time), don't eat fast food or drink soda, and don't give that stuff to my children. A big "cheat" for me is fat-free frozen yogurt, you know? I've been counting calories for so long...but the weight just won't budge. That's why I joined WW this weekend - because I look like someone who just ate an entire pizza with a side of deep-fried cake, and washed it down with a lardtini. But I didn't. What gives?

Is anyone else going through this? I know this is meant as a fun thread, but it just really got me thinking about my habits! I know I must be doing plenty wrong without even realizing it. First meeting is tomorrow so I'm just feeling a lot of relief at the thought of getting some answers.

Last edited by traceriffic; 01-11-2010 at 07:37 PM.
traceriffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:50 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

I didn't get a last pig-out! I kind of found myself back on WW by accident: I had started eating better at the end of 2009 due to just wanting to feel healthier. I didn't even weigh myself at first! A week or so in I checked, and I was 190 - oh my...I must have been even heavier than I thought then! So I kept doing what I was doing, and the next week I was down to 189...cool! I decided to start using the online WW tools again (I'd kept my subscription active since 2008 -- always meaning to come back LOL).It took me about a week to find my password and get the WW site to work for me again, and by that time I'd lost another 2 pounds!

So, I never really had a "farewell day." But it's okay, as this time I was making a change more for health than weight loss (although I'm loving that)!

The last time I did WW I always took a day off (within reason) anyway, and had no trouble losing, as long as it was just one mild day -- and I still only tried to just use my free points, as I usually had quite a few. So, that said, this Saturday hubby and I will go out for Mexican! We will each have ONE margarita, and split the entree. I find a mild weekly treat like that to be helpful.

Hi to the new folks, the old folks, and the "retreads" like me!
We can do this!

Edit: Trace -- there are hidden calories/booby traps in all kinds of food! Like you, I don't have a sweet tooth -- yet here I am. *sigh* Anyway, I love the WW program because you really find out about your food! Welcome and good luck!

Last edited by LizzieW; 01-11-2010 at 08:52 PM.
LizzieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:53 PM   #6  
So Ready

Thanks, Lizzie! Yep, I just know the hidden triggers and food ghoulies are in there, somehow. BTW, looks like we're both in L.A. and at the same weight!

I wish I could do the once-a-week free day thing (especially with a trim husband who also wants to go get Mexican and margaritas), but that one meal or day always seems to turn into me not counting or keeping track. Argh. But I'm enjoying counting points again; awesome sense of control amidst food chaos.
traceriffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/206/180

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceriffic View Post
But I'm enjoying counting points again; awesome sense of control amidst food chaos.
You have completely summed up my feeling about WW. I think that the hardest part is starting (again). Once you get into the swing of things, it is the control I use that really keeps me going. Awesome!
As for the free day, man o man, I wish we could have one. The closest I come to that is during my second month or so (once I feel as though I am on steady ground), I will pick a restaurant and go online to look at their nutritional values. I budget my points and can figure out what to get. I like diong this online because I don't feel as though everyone is staring at me while I take a half hour looking over the menu.
Only 1 month and 3 weeks left before I go to a restaurant!
tammygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:45 AM   #8  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Hm, I didn't splurge either, I just started eating what I thought was healthier. Of course, I still didn't know portion sizes then... I think that's my biggest hang up there.

Of course, back before that, when I didn't care, I could go a day not eating or drinking much of anything but a glass of water or soda and a couple frozen fruit pops. Or do the opposite and chow down on pizza hut, soda, and chocolate.
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:49 AM   #9  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I didn't do a last splurge either....I kinda just threw myself into WW without over thinking it
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 325/315/190

No final splurge for me. I joined Weight Watchers in September, the day that Season 8 started for the Biggest Loser.
janann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

Christmas dinner. With heaping seconds of all my favorites: stuffing swimming in gravy, mashed potatoes also swimming in gravy, tiramisu, and a plate full of cookies.
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:05 PM   #12  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceriffic View Post
Thanks, Lizzie! Yep, I just know the hidden triggers and food ghoulies are in there, somehow. BTW, looks like we're both in L.A. and at the same weight!

I wish I could do the once-a-week free day thing (especially with a trim husband who also wants to go get Mexican and margaritas), but that one meal or day always seems to turn into me not counting or keeping track. Argh. But I'm enjoying counting points again; awesome sense of control amidst food chaos.
Cool! Living in L.A. has it's own special stresses, doesn't it -- so many around here are uber-thin!

I guess I should clarify about my "day off" (and apologize for derailing your thread!): it really is just dinner. I stay OP all day, and just use my flex points, which I save, for the dinner. I still try to make good choices (except for the margarita! ).

I guess I'm feeling chatty -- I should probably find our WW chat thread!
LizzieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:28 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 171/160/145

Height: 5'6

My last splurge.... a full week of eating out every night. It wasn't intentional, we just didn't have time to grocery shop and cook. After eating out that often, I felt like garbage...... I was SO ready to get back in control. I have been counting points and working out again since Monday.... I already feel tons better. Though, yesterday and today, I can't get enough to eat! Does anyone else have this problem? Luckily, I have managed to stay with-in my points so far.
slai78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:52 AM   #14  

Height: 5'4"

I ate McDonald's for lunch the day I joined. It was a busy Thursday at work and I usually pack a lunch but I didn't that day. I had the hot and tasty combo meal with a diet coke (still one of my favorites). The thing is, as I sat down to eat that lunch I had no idea I'd be walking through the doors of WW a few hours later! While I sat at my desk and ate, having been on and off various diets since two years ago when I quit WW the first time, I was just surfing the web and thought I'd see what was going on at the WW website. The more I read, I realized I needed the structure WW provides to lose weight and signed right up for the monthly pass.

I thought about when the best times for meetings would be for me and it happened to be Thursday nights, which meant that that big salty lunch would still be with me when I weighed in that night. That was a scary thought but I knew I needed to just go in.

For fun, I checked out the points of the lunch I was eating while I was eating it. I can't remember the exact number but it was in the high teens, and I knew with whatever breakfast I'd had that would have already put me over my points for that day if I were counting yet. That was a good thing to know!
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote