Old 01-11-2010, 11:42 AM   #1  

Default Gain weight???

Hey, I am completely new to this. Never tried anything like this before but really need to shift some weight!

I started Atkins - well what i think is atkins! I have been on it 6 days now.

How do you know if you are in Ketosis - are i weighed myself this morning and i had gone up 2 pounds!??!

Have only eaten meat, eggs, cheese, olive, oil, margarine, nuts etc

Is this in any way normal or what am i doing wrong?

I dont have any of those ketosis sticks either

Thanks
tassthelass2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:46 AM   #2  

hey tassthelass....we have an atkins board here with lots of great info....you should check it out. Have you read the Atkins book...I believe some are saying you need to read the book from 2002 or back. It really is best to read the book first. I use Ketostix and usually you are in ketosis about two to three days after starting the plan. For some reason, it doesn't show up for some people but it has always for me. Again, you should check out the Atkins board here ......
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:53 AM   #3  

Hi LeslieLou,

Thanks for your reply.

I dont have a copy of the book and I am in a foreign country and have yet to find a ennglish book shop!

So for the meantime...

i meant to say that my clothes feel looser alright but the scales say differently!!
Have you ever heard of this?
tassthelass2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:01 PM   #4  

sorry...I just now realized that you posted this on the Atkins board so you already new about it! sometimes I need to read more before I post Can you order the book off ebay or amazon? You can also get ketostix off ebay. Is this the same scale you weighed on before and are you weighing the same TIME of day with the same amount of clothes on? that makes a difference too.
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:03 PM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassthelass2010 View Post
Hey, I am completely new to this. Never tried anything like this before but really need to shift some weight!

I started Atkins - well what i think is atkins! I have been on it 6 days now.

How do you know if you are in Ketosis - are i weighed myself this morning and i had gone up 2 pounds!??!

Have only eaten meat, eggs, cheese, olive, oil, margarine, nuts etc

Is this in any way normal or what am i doing wrong?

I dont have any of those ketosis sticks either

Thanks
First of all....
I'm not meaning to sound like I'm lecturing you but....if you really want to do Atkins & you really want to do Atkins correctly, you must read the book before you attempt doing the plan. Get yourself a copy of Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution (2002 or prior version). You can get used copies on Ebay or Amazon very reasonably priced. If you must refer to a website for Atkins information, stay far away from Atkins.com Dr. Atkins wife Veronica has her own site. It provides useful information and it is true to the way Dr. Atkins himself wrote the plan. Unfortunately, Atkins.com is not. http://www.veronicaatkinsfoundation.org/
Basically Atkins Induction (Phase 1) is 20 net carbs (total carbs minus dietary fiber) per day. You are only permitted the foods listed on the Acceptable Foods List....if it isn't on the list, it isn't allowed! You should be getting 12-15 of your daily carbs from vegetables & salads on the acceptable foods list. Margarine is pretty much a no-no....real butter is recommended. Also, nuts are also a no-no.
As for the ketostix....I've lost over 100 lbs on Atkins and they've never changed color for me so, its definitely different for everyone.
You CAN do this!!
All the best to you!!

JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote