Old 01-10-2010, 12:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 236/234/150

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Fearful Newbie

Hi all,

I am just starting program on Monday. I've tried to prepare myself for the dreaded first week on program that I've heard about, but in all reality I still have that "I'll start Monday morning" mentality and I haven't taken the pre-conditioning as serious as I should.

Would any of you be willing to share some of what you went through as you embarked on this journey. I have to say I'm quite fearful!

Angie

PS I have absolutely loved reading all of your posts! I am so inspired by all of you!
RedE4Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedE4Wings View Post
Hi all,

I am just starting program on Monday. I've tried to prepare myself for the dreaded first week on program that I've heard about, but in all reality I still have that "I'll start Monday morning" mentality and I haven't taken the pre-conditioning as serious as I should.

Would any of you be willing to share some of what you went through as you embarked on this journey. I have to say I'm quite fearful!

Angie

PS I have absolutely loved reading all of your posts! I am so inspired by all of you!
Welcome. I remember vividly sitting in the preconditioning meeting thinking I was going to start crying--felt overwhelmed by amount of food and that I was going to have to keep track of so much and plan ahead....oh it was awful. Went to the store right after meeting and got an inexpensive food scale and food I needed for first 4 days...Once I got going I found that I felt hungry sometimes but it was a very different kind of hunger--a more manageable one. With the sugar gone I didn't have the food spikes---those feelings that you NEED to get something to eat because you feel light headed, etc.....this was really positive change. By continuing to up my water it made things even better. For me giving up diet coke was HUGE so that was another adjustment......BUT.....I'm within 5 pounds of goal now.....Take it MEAL BY MEAL and you'll get there.
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:27 PM   #3  
Think Pink!

Height: 5'8"

My first week really wasn't that bad. I took pre-conditioning fairly seriously (Did it for 8 days, was really good for 6 of them). I had horrible caffeine withdrawal headaches, but other than that I've been fine. I'm on week 2 starting today and I realized I misread my menu and have added fruits with breakfast when I wasn't supposed to, so I'm mad about that, but now that I'm a week into the program I feel like I'm starting to get things under control!
PinkTiara22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/220/130

I'm on day 5...the salads are killing me! I can't think of anything more unsatisfying at lunch than 8 oz of salad. I hate eating lunch at home, so I've been going to McDonalds and having two side salads with a smidge of their low fat italian dressing. I take my cheese with me and drink my HNS when I get home. You can order a plain grilled chicken fillet to top the salad with starting on day 5. It's just too cold for salad! I'm whining...I know...
GoodGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 236/234/150

Default Thank you!

Thank you ladies! I am WAY fired up to get on program tomorrow! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Have a terrifically slimming week!

Angie
RedE4Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

I guess I am one of those all or nothing type people cause when I started this, I went for it.. That was until I had fallen off during the holidays. Nothing too bad, and I am back OP. I really like the structure and the accountability you get unlike some of the other plans and programs. I haven't had any problems with hunger, mostly mind games that your mind tells you that you are starving when you aren't. Remember how you used to eat. I was a grazer. Ate all the time, not good stuff either.. So when you cut out all the unhealthy snacks you eat through out the day you think you are hungry. You will do fine.. It is a mind set kind of thing as well as physical..

Cheers!
Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 206/183/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm an all or nothing kinda person too. I was a little intimidated by the first week menu the first time around, but it really isn't that bad. I agree with Ronnie, it's really a lot of mind games. Once you get past that it becomes a lot easier. You'll be fine
mama22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchmom84 View Post
Welcome. I remember vividly sitting in the preconditioning meeting thinking I was going to start crying--felt overwhelmed by amount of food and that I was going to have to keep track of so much and plan ahead....oh it was awful. Went to the store right after meeting and got an inexpensive food scale and food I needed for first 4 days...Once I got going I found that I felt hungry sometimes but it was a very different kind of hunger--a more manageable one. With the sugar gone I didn't have the food spikes---those feelings that you NEED to get something to eat because you feel light headed, etc.....this was really positive change. By continuing to up my water it made things even better. For me giving up diet coke was HUGE so that was another adjustment......BUT.....I'm within 5 pounds of goal now.....Take it MEAL BY MEAL and you'll get there.
Porchmom
Don't mean to intrude on the topic, but....I noticed your height and weight goal. I am 5'5" and my center has put my goal at 150. You are and inch taller but your goal is 10 lbs. less than mine. Is that goal a personal one or one that the center has set for you? I originally asked for my goal to be 135 (which would be more in line with your goal) but they said that was too low. Just wondering how this goal thing works.
iluvindiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 0/62/67

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvindiana View Post
Porchmom
Don't mean to intrude on the topic, but....I noticed your height and weight goal. I am 5'5" and my center has put my goal at 150. You are and inch taller but your goal is 10 lbs. less than mine. Is that goal a personal one or one that the center has set for you? I originally asked for my goal to be 135 (which would be more in line with your goal) but they said that was too low. Just wondering how this goal thing works.
Interesting...my center was okay with my goal being anywhere between 130-140.
E4FEwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:06 PM   #10  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvindiana View Post
Porchmom
Wow now I want to ask on this, I am 5'5 and in 08 they told me I should be 127 pounds! Now my goal was 135 back then and they keep on and on with the 127, I did get down to 130 and I am sorry on my body I looked scarey, just my 2 cents
JSTUCKLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:58 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 350/311/222

Height: 5'7"

The way they set the goal surprised me too, I remember some of us talked about it in another thread in November. Apparently they calculated mine based on my Tanita report, based on my lean/bone/muscle mass, and if you assume I can keep all my lean mass, my goal according to Tanita is over 200. Maybe it means I have a lot of muscle mass in my legs because I've carried a lot of weight a long time and I do exercise even though I am obese? I imagine all that might change as my body mass changes as I lose weight. My own personal goal would definitely be below 200, but for being here and working the program at MRC, it's officially 222.
CJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:00 PM   #12  
One Meal At A Time

CJay I see ur 39 pounds down way to go!
Old 01-13-2010, 04:05 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJay View Post
The way they set the goal surprised me too, I remember some of us talked about it in another thread in November. Apparently they calculated mine based on my Tanita report, based on my lean/bone/muscle mass, and if you assume I can keep all my lean mass, my goal according to Tanita is over 200. Maybe it means I have a lot of muscle mass in my legs because I've carried a lot of weight a long time and I do exercise even though I am obese? I imagine all that might change as my body mass changes as I lose weight. My own personal goal would definitely be below 200, but for being here and working the program at MRC, it's officially 222.
I was suprised at my goal too.. mine is 197. I am a very active fat girl.. So I didn't know if that was part of it too.. Hopefully Tanita knows...
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:43 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

I am 5'1 and they told me that I should be 150.. I told them no way. I needed to get to 130 and no less than that. They said sure.. So I am now 7 lbs away from my 130 goal..

Whoo Hoo!

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:35 AM   #15  
One Meal At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieAdl View Post
I am 5'1 and they told me that I should be 150.. I told them no way. I needed to get to 130 and no less than that. They said sure.. So I am now 7 lbs away from my 130 goal..

Whoo Hoo!

Ronnie
u go girl!