Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2002, 06:15 PM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home Mom's #58

Stay at home Mom's #58
Welcome!!

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor, as we share our lives, restore our health,lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!! Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #57 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.
Ginny
Old 08-11-2002, 06:17 PM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Hi!!!!!!!!
First of all, welcome Anna!!!!!!!! This thread is a fun and supportive place, and I am sure that you will fit in just fine here. You have quite some story with your Dh and your health. I am so sorry- how are both of you?????? Have you both recovered well from the strokes????? But I guess you have more than enough incentive to regain health and I hope that we can help you (or at least entertain you!!! ) on your journey.

Steph! Congrats on losing 3#! You are doing great! Those tapes you are doing, are they Leslie Sansone's? I saw some the other day in Sam's and wondered if that is what you are using. (I have one of her video's, an older one that I like).

Jen- I hope that your family fun nite went well.....sounds like a hoot to me! I would not worry about one sundae......you have to have a treat once and a while!!!!!

Melissa!!!! Congrats on going down a size!!! Isn't that a wonderful feeling??? I am so happy for you. Now, remember to drink you water.......ok? Please !

Spryng- good job staying OP- despite all those food choices. Relax, the weight will come off........ That is true about the slower the pounds come off, the longer they stay off. So that is good news then, right?! Take your time, we are here for all support and hugs that you need.

Michele- I am so glad that your lump was nothing! You must feel a ton better.

Tami-sounds like you are doing well. Hope that your shopping trip was fun and successful. Good for you getting your excercise in!!!!!! Keep it up.

KarenW- I hear ya, most Dh's do not really understand our need to vent/via posting. But we are glad you can share with us. Hope that all went well with your company.

Well, I had a looney weekend. Saturday was a family picnic- and MIL (who is a very difficult person- and that says it mildly) really went off the deep end. What a difficult day until she left (pfew!!!!!!!).

Well, I am going to start a new thread (#58!). Jackie is back- she left a post on the end of # 56 which I am going to attempt to drag over there (and I will do that with this too).
See y'all there!
Ginny
Old 08-11-2002, 06:18 PM   #3  
burned out bus driver

Hi Everyone!

I'm back!! It took me just about 45 minutes just to read everyone's posts. And now...DH just came in for the night after washing & putting the boat away until the next time we use it. I can't post too long tonight, so I'll be more individual later. Our vacation was quite nice. The place we rented was a 3 bedroom cottage/cabin. It was just awesome & so relaxing!! (A little tense from time-to-time, but not bad.) The 4 of us actually got along quite well. DH was a knob on my dd's 9th Birthday & wouldn't let us do anything "special" with her. (Ginny-this was the same day you had such a rough time with the family.) I felt so bad for my dd. DH must have thought things over in his head & was a real sweetheart the next day. We ended up taking the family Horse back riding for dd's belated birthday celebration. We also went out to lunch & then went back to the cottage & spent the afternoon tubing behind the boat. I felt like a kid again!! The cottage is way on top of a hill from the lake, on their land, but tons of stairs!!
I guess you could say that I got my daily exercise in. It really got the entire family's heart-rate up there!! Well-the family needs my attention right now, so I'll close for now. C-U all later.

Old 08-11-2002, 06:20 PM   #4  
burned out bus driver

OPPSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
I tried to drag Jackie's post (left on the end of thread # 56) here- Sorry that I did it the wrong way- but I wanted everyone to know that she was back. Sorry Jackie- but I am so happy that you are back. Glad that your trip went well.
Gotta go- the troops are getting restless........
Ginny
Old 08-11-2002, 07:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Hey Ginny! The tape I'm doing is Leslie Sansone. I can't begin to tell you how great it is. You really get a great workout. I think I'm going to invest in the rest of the collection. Hope everyone else is doing well. And welcome Anna.
Steph
Old 08-11-2002, 11:24 PM   #6  
One day at a time.

Hi ladies, I'm home too, but can't stay! I just stopped in to check my email, and wanted to say hi! I'll be back tomorrow after a good nights rest! TTFN
Old 08-12-2002, 09:42 AM   #7  
Searching for Motivation

Good Morning!!!

Jackie - welcome home!! Sounds like you had a great vacation - can't wait to hear more about it when you get the time I'm sure you have a lot to unpack/unload.

Ginny - crazy MIL huh? I've got one of those - is that a prerequesite for gaining a good dh? Hope things didn't get too crazy before she left And no, one sundae won't kill me but adding it to Cinnabon certainly doesn't help! Man, I gotta get my act together in the sweet dept.!

Anna - welcome!!! I think you'll find you can talk about weight issues, as well as every other little (or big!!) thing going on in your and you family's lives. We are happy to have you and hope you post often.

Tami - my mind is going blank. Congrats on losing the #s!! I've never tried WATP but I've only heard positive things about it. Keep up the good work!!

Well, we had a fun weekend. We had our sleepover, made our pizzas (SOOOO good!!), watched home movies and ate popcorn. I was blown away watching the home movies - they were just of the girls when they were little but, my goodness, that seemed like forever ago! It made me think about having more - for a few seconds, that is! Ha ha!! Actually, I'm probably happiest with our family right now and don't want to change that just yet. In a few more years perhaps.....we'll see...........

Plans today are to clean up the mess from the sleepover and visit with my sister. I have to do upper body and pilates today so I'm feeling pretty good about exercise. I started a thread in another section asking about good upper body workout videos. I haven't checked to see if there were any responses yet but I would like to ask you all too. If you know of any good ones that target the upper body, please let me know. I need more and don't want to chance getting a bad one and never using it. Have a nice day and talk to you tomorrow
Old 08-12-2002, 10:09 AM   #8  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Quote:
Originally posted by bobsgal
The tape I'm doing is Leslie Sansone. Steph [/B]
Steph! I lost 56 pounds doing leslie Sansone's 2 mile walk Tape combined with Kathy Smith's Lift Weights to Lose Weight tape! Took me 10 months but I did it! It's an AWESOME tape!
Old 08-12-2002, 10:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Everyone!

First of all: Welcome to all the newbies here! I'll fill you in about myself & address you all personally when life slows down a bit for me. Who knows when that will be!! We're having dd's family Birthday party late this aft., so I'll be running around getting things organized for most of the day. Golly Gee...I'm a glutten for punishment!! I thought that it would be easy having dd's party a day after we returned from vacation, WRONG!! My house looked spotless when we walked in the door from vacation. (My dm cleaned up after herself, thank goodness!!) The kids sure trashed it in no time at all as soon as they walked in the door!! Ginny: Sorry that I goofed up & posted in #56. I SHOULD KNOW BETTER THAN THAT TO DO SUCH A THING, BRAIN DEAD,I GUESS!! Things will not slow down 'til the weekend here. DD & I are going to Girl Scout camp on Wed. a.m. & will not get back 'til Friday. I'm hoping that ds can stay at a friends house, so that he won't get bored with NANA (Grandma). I'll cross my fingers on this one! Well, I suppose I'd better run & get things done around the house. I'll post more at a later time, okay?
Old 08-12-2002, 10:39 AM   #10  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Thumbs down

Good Morning!

I didnt mean to hit enter on that last post! I woke up with a sinus headache and the tylenol hasnt kicked in yet...

My weekend was crazy. Saturday we went to home depot and bought a bunch of PVC pipe so my DH and I could build a stand for his Miata Owners club banner! What a pain! Then yesterday DH went for a drive with the club and the kids and I stayed home and did laundry! Sounds quiet right? WRONG!! First the kids were just going at it! Arguing with each other.. making me crazy, doing things that they know they aren't supposed to.. etc. Then on top of it all.. my dryer died! or so I thought! When DH got home at 5 he fixed the problem. Sigh... so I am behind on laundry!

Anyway, Today is Monday and I am raring to go! I have SOOO many errands to do this morning! And nothing is open yet!

Sassy - How fun! A sleepover! I want to do that too! My sister lives 900 miles away though.. not to mention a single mom of a 2 year old.. so that wont be happening any time soon! But man it sounds like fun!

Ok.. off to do some kitchen cleaning.. and more laundry.. I will check in later!
Old 08-12-2002, 11:11 AM   #11  

Karen- I have the Kathy Smith video also. Haven't used it in a whitl, but maybe I'll dust it off since you had such good results. Sassy- the slumber party sounds like it was a lot of fun. Not too much going on in my neck of the woods. I did get up early and go for my 1 mile walk outside and then came home and did the Walk Away the Pounds tape(2 mile) I haven't added the weights yet, but I'll work up to it. Food wise, I'm still staying on plan. I never used to be much of a water person, but since I started 2 weeks ago, I drink about 120-140 ounces per day. I haven't had any soda in over a week, which is great since that's all I used to drink. Take care.
Steph
Old 08-12-2002, 11:15 AM   #12  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Quote:
Originally posted by bobsgal
Karen- I have the Kathy Smith video also. Haven't used it in a whitl, but maybe I'll dust it off since you had such good results.
Just one recommendation! Dont do the KS tape with weights for the first couple weeks! Combining it with Leslie's tape makes a big difference in how tired your muscles get!
Old 08-12-2002, 05:01 PM   #13  

Oops!
I just posted on the old thread. I'm sorry
It's late, I'm hungry, I'm tired...
Whine Whine Whine

Just glad I found you all!

Sarah
Mommy to Meghan 16 months
175.75/166.5/135
Day one on program...and COUNTING!
Old 08-12-2002, 11:05 PM   #14  

Karen-thanks for the info. Sarah- glad you found us. I think you'll find everyone really supportive and fun. Well bye for now.
Steph
Old 08-13-2002, 06:39 AM   #15  

I am unoffuically back..wont be posting for another week though..Move went OK will tell ya all about it when I can Take care
Sheila
Closed Thread