Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2002, 08:07 PM   #1  

Default Freezer/OAMC recipes for WW??

Does anyone have any favorite freezer recipes which are suitable for WW? I'm trying to do OAMC (once a month cooking) and hope to stock my freezer with points-friendly dinners!
Many thanks!
Deb
Old 09-14-2002, 04:46 PM   #2  

Default Once a Month Cooking

Mimi Wilson and Mary Beth Lagerborg have a very good cook book for Once A Month Cooking. The recipes don't list nutrition but there is one plan of low fat recipes. Lots of chicken one.

I tried it one time but it was a lot of work. If two people went together and split the cost and the dishes it would be a lot easier.
www.frugalmoms.com have a section on OAMC with hints and recipes. I do believe you now must pay to get on that site.

I find it easier to just double a recipe and make two or three or more meals from that dish for the freezer. If you do this often you will build up a supply for future dinners. If I make speghetti sauce I double and will have 4 or 5 pkg. in the freezer for the two of us. If I make a meat loaf that is easy to double and freezes well. Chicken dishes I do the same. Also if b/l s/l chicken breasts go on sale, braise a bunch and chop up and freeze in 1, 1 1/2 or 2 cup portions for later salads, or casseroles. You can shred some also.
Old 12-07-2002, 10:58 PM   #3  
Believe it & Achieve it

Just a tip-

I like to cook in bulk as well. I plan out my favorites and then go to it, but what I really like is that I purchased those gladware containers as I found they were much easier to stack in the freezer. I then measure out and put the meal in the container and take a sharpie pen to label and put points on side (then I just wash and reuse for same meal later on). If you get the entree glad containers you can only fit so much in there so it is really hard to cheat and just add that little extra.....

So for example tonight I pulled out and 8 pt meal consisting of:
2 teriyaki chicken wings
brown rice
peas

very healthly, filling and easy! Yes, it is a lot of work but I found that it really only took 3 days to put 3 months worth of meals for myself in the freezer.

Hope this helps.....it's save me tremendous amounts of time and stress being a single mom.
Closed Thread