PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:50 PM   #1  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Default Another PCOS Victory!

I know many of you out there are struggling with PCOS. If you are anything like me, you are probably wondering how it will affect your future including your health, cycles, and fertility. I was/am too, but I wanted to give you a little hope.

You see, I was NEVER regular, EVER. I was lucky if I had 3 periods a year even in high school before I gained weight. At 317, I had no cycles at all. Around 295 they returned, although very sporadic and unpredictable heavy/light and long/short. Around 275 they returned and this time they were semi- regular although --very, very, very heavy.

Now at 255, My cycles have been coming regularly for over a year now. In the beginning they were about 35 days. The last 3 have been exactly 28 days and what I would consider to be on the light side!! And now they are SHORTER! I was a 9-10 day girl before, now I am 4-5 days.

I share all of this not to gross you out, but to give you hope that diet and regular exercise do work. Yes, it takes time to see results. Yes, it takes hard work and dedication. But, PCOS isn't a death sentence for your fertility!!

I am no where near goal yet but I can tell that things are changing in my body. I wonder how much healthier I will be at goal?!?!?

Keep the faith girls! Keep going even when you want to give up. There is light at the end of the tunnel.... just keep going until you see it!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 253/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Thank you sooo much for posting this. We are getting ready to try for children soon (in the next year), and the first thing on the "to do" list is for me to get in shape and lose weight - hopefully to resolve a lot of symptoms from my PCOS - and the fix the inherent hormone imbalance. Once I get down to 170 - we'll start trying. I am so excited about the prospect. I bought a book (taking charge of your fertility) and started charting my cycles. The charting is supposed to show when you're ovulating - and also if you're not ovulating :/ So after charting for about a month, it looks like I'm not ovulating. Which means I'm not fertile...this month. I'm sure (and I hope) that it's not a permanent thing - and your post gives me so much hope that I'm doing the right thing and that eventually my slow weight loss will add up and make a difference. Thank you soooo much for sharing *hugs*
Bluedande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:09 PM   #3  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Thank you SO much for posting this! I am almost ready to cry lol I am so worried about my cycles and fertility and thats what really pushed me to change my body and be healthy and reading this has just given me an extra boost! Thanks again and best of luck to you!
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:15 PM   #4  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

That's really great!!! I have PCOS and have always been regular. I've only missed 2 period in the past 6 years (that's how long I've been with my hubby..married for 5). My fertility still sucks..but hopefully with losing weight, my periods will become less painful and less heavy. And hopefully we'll have a little baby someday..
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:01 PM   #5  
getting less fluffy

S/C/G: 255/ticker/150

I have/had PCOS. I am 35. In 1999 i had to have a total hysterectomy because of the severity of the pcos. At 16 I was married thought we were having a baby ad when i was 5 months alog i found out i had a cyst rupture ad i was never pregnant. I has an emergency surgery where they removed a ovary and the falopian tube on the left side. At my 8 week check up I was pregnant...yea!! Yes i wasnt suppose to be doing anything but I was only 16 so i didnt have a brain yet. lol

then after I had my daughter i got norplant put in and had it for 4 years had it removed and got pregnant wow i was on a roll. Nope that was a "false pregnancy" I had 7 total "false pregnancies" Miscarrages, then decided to try after a DNC yes before i was suppose to and yes i got pregnant and stayed and had a second daughter. I have had over 10 doctors tell me it was because i was cleaned out that was the only reason i got pregnant and kept them.
Terre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:14 AM   #6  
touchmytoes

wow thanks for that. I have some symptoms of pcos not all but am now on chlomid to try and get me to ovulate earlier...my cycles would be about 35-45 days, but i wouldnt ovulate until day 22 or something which was too late..and then there was the question as to whether i was actually ovulating...6 miscarriages no early signs of pregnancy except positive test leads them to think it get fertilised then disperses before it can leave the tube.

im hopeful about this though its my first cycle on it...fingers crossed
Old 02-04-2010, 04:46 AM   #7  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

It's great to hear about so many women who are starting to have luck with their cycles!! I'm jealous!

I don't ovulate without birth control. At all. I went through high school (half my sophomore year, and both my junior and senior years) and up until my last year at university without ovulating once. I thought of it as a blessing, but truthfully, it's kind of crappy. The most I ever went without birth control while I've been married was about 3 months. No period. My ob/gyn and I are going to start talks next year about fertility because I desperately want a baby... or two.. before DH decides he's too old for children (he's 40 this year). But first, I need to get down to my goal weight.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:29 PM   #8  
Step away from the buffet

S/C/G: Hi294.4/Restart 276/ticker/180

Height: 5'10

Last month I had my first spontaneous period since high school (I'm 32). The hysterical thing is that I started while literally IN my OB/GYN's office! She got a good laugh out of that one I am hoping that I will have another one this month...that's a new one right, a gal wishing for her period? I have tried clomid and injectable fertility treatments to get pg and nothing has worked. I am hoping if my periods return my fertility will improve.
Hello Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote