Old 01-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #1  
Future Skinny Pastry Chef

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Herbed Quinoa

This was the first time I've ever tried quinoa and it's quite good! This went great with the roasted salmon. Recipe by Giada DeLaurentiis.

Quinoa:

Ingredients

* 2 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
* 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
* 1 1/2 cups quinoa

Dressing:

* 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
* 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
* 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
* 2 teaspoons lemon zest
* Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

For the quinoa: In a medium saucepan, add the chicken stock, lemon juice and quinoa. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover the pan and cook until all the liquid is absorbed, about 12 to 15 minutes.

For the dressing: In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, basil, parsley, thyme, and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Pour the dressing over the quinoa and toss until all the ingredients are coated. Transfer the quinoa to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
Rashomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/150/135

Height: 5 6 1/2

Oooh thank you for this Quinoa recipe! I'm going to try it.
I've heard of putting fruit in Quinoa too for morning breakfast.

Thanks again. Definitely making this recipe.
StephV is offline   Reply With Quote