Old 01-06-2010, 01:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/185/135

Height: 5'6

Default Breastfeeding?

Hi ladies (sorry for all the questions).

I know breasfeeding is not encouraged while in MF. My coach told me that you can start once your child is no longer getting more than 30% of their nutrition from you.

My daughter is 13 months old (almost 14 months can't believe it). She doesn't really nurse other than when she wakes up and right before bed. I'm assuming this is fine, since i know that isn't 30%, but I'm just wondering if there were any other Mama's who breastfed a bit while on it.

I'm assuming my milk supply will either drop or disappear completely... what was your experience?
LilMsCantBeWrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:46 PM   #2  

Height: 5'5.5"

I ended breastfeeding several month before starting but I would suggest asking her pediatrician before starting medifast just to be sure. Sounds like she is far enough along to switch to a bottle or sippy cup if you need it. Welcome to the medifast club!
LizR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:40 PM   #3  

I went on the 5 & 1 and my milk supply practically vanished. I had to stop because my son was needing a lot more milk from me than that. However, they do have a breastfeeding mothers plan. Beware though.....people on the blogs can attack you if they see you are veering away from the 5 & 1 plan because they don't stop to see that you're doing the breastfeeding mothers plan.
exona is offline   Reply With Quote