Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 11:54 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile 300+ and Ready To Try Again... #199

WELCOME

We are a group of people working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday..... Weigh ins / Wacky/ Way to go Wednnesday
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

Old 08-09-2002, 12:14 AM   #2  

Figured I better start a new thread. Now I am going back to read.

I have had a great day. I cleaned in my guest room/office all day and it looks so pretty again. I got so bad at using it as a catch-all room. I am a happy camper tonight.

See you all later
Old 08-09-2002, 01:42 AM   #3  

Here I am again. And no one was here to miss me. LOL

It is late but I wanted to post tonight. My days are soooo full lately. As I said earlier... I am being productive !!!!

Welcome Stephanie !!!! We always love have newcomers. Your food plan sounds good to me.

J-ann... what a great day you had. You must not be one of us 300lb gals. I don't think there is any way you get this body back up that hill.

Sara... I too have a bundle of joy coming this morning. My granddaughter is 6 months old. I am keeping her for the weekend so I will really be busy the next few days.
And what memories you brought back to me with "I'm a Little Teapot". As a child I would get paid 25 cents everytime I sang that song. We lived in Missouri and all of our relatives lived in Illinois. So.. when we came for visits all of my relatives thought I was sooo cute singing they gave me a quarter. That was a LOT of money back in my days. I must of been either really good singer... or really CUTE !!! I must have been cute... because I can't carry a tune.

I talked to Tina tonight. She is doing okay. The death of her friend has been very hard on her... but she said she is okay.

I wish I could respond to everyone... but now I forgot what everyone else said on the last thread. I know I want to thank Kat for keeping this site going. Your committment and humor makes a big difference. Thanks !!! There is also Lucky.. but I don't remember what you said either. This is sooo embarrassing.
Maybe I have Alzheimers and don't remember that either.

Well.. for Thankful Thursday I am thankful I am STILL cheat free!!!
For Fun Friday... like I said... I will have my granddaughter.
I will try to get back... but will have to see how it goes.
Old 08-09-2002, 06:08 AM   #4  

Red face *yawn*

Man, because I knew that my friend and her son were going to be at my house this morning at 6:45am or before, I couldn't sleep ALL night. I can't stop yawning...

The worst part being, before my friend called with this babysitting emergency, we had scheduled a get together with a group of friends at our house tonight. This is a group of ppl that stay up till the wee hours of the morning on weekends which is normally fine with me but today... I may cry!

2Cute... Thanks so much for starting the new thread! I was trying to entice you back by NEEDING a new thread... I know what you mean about feeling SO good after something in your house is all cleaned and organized! Have a good time with your granddaughter this weekend!

Hi and good morning to everyone else out there... Lucky, J-ann, Baylee, Tina, Thin, Malia, Mary, Michelle, Marusha, Syn, Wic, Steph and anybody else I'm forgetting because of my sleep deprivation!

See ya later today if I can muster up the energy!

Toodles,
Sara
Old 08-09-2002, 08:09 AM   #5  

Good luck, Sara, you have a full day ahead. Kids and parties are exhausting but fun.

I haven't mowed part of my lawn for over a week and now it is suppose to STILL keep raining through Sunday. Hmmmm blessing or curse??

I have been doing much better with the food since my "binge" on Monday.

I know we don't usually comment of the news here but WHAT is going on with all of the kids being taken. It just seems so many and in so many different places.

I guess the rain tomorrow might be a blessing - I can clean my office area.

Happy Friday everyone and see ya later.
Old 08-09-2002, 08:26 AM   #6  
a work in progress...

Default Good Morning to you!

I'm on early so that I don't pass out as I type and to keep me out of the kitchen! I am hungry, BIG TIME...but I dont' want to eat before I sleep. Yesterday all I had before bed was a large glass of unsweetened cranberry juice...let me tell ya...that stuff flushes you out and then some! I never wake up to pee and there I was, for what seemed like forever! Yeah, I know...too much information! Useful info though! Try it!

Of course you were cute back then, 2cute! 2cute2b true! I'm so glad you're still on your cheat free roll...Not too long ago you were very despondent and it is wonderful to see the change in you! You are very inspiring...thank you!!

Don't cry, SaraJoy...just make sure you nap when the little guy does...have fun and keep us posted on your babysitting adventures! And remember, "Music hath charms to soothe the savage beast"...maybe a lttle Chopin practice will captivate him for a bit! Can I come up for some piano lessons? I always wanted to learn...still may muster up the courage to take lessons...one of those lifelong dreams, you know.

Lucky...my lawn awaits me too...I can't use rain for an excuse...no time is more like it...plus the dog poop that no one wants to pick up...*&^% kids.

J-ann, that sounds like my kind of day. I LOVE hiking and nature walks of any kind. I was just checking out some info on Acadia National Park...we're going to Maine in a little over a week...I am looking forward to some serious hiking and outdoor adventures!

Steph! I just noticed that you're a Jersey girl too!! What exit? (Inside joke for Jersey-ites!) Let me see if I can find my "You Know You're from New Jersey when..." list...although you've probably already seen it! Hope you enjoy our company, we are a fun bunch!

Marusha...boy you hit the nail on the head..."It's funny how no matter how successful you are at other things in your life, being overweight colours it all and makes you feel just a little inferior." That is so true...I always feel like less than adequate because of my weight...and when I lose, I feel wonderful...so why don't I strive for those good feelings everyday? hmmm, you got me thinkin'!

Tina, baby...how are you? {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and a tissue. Come back to us when you're ready.

Michelle...how is the job, Working/student Mom?! Are you getting ANY rest?

Hi Malia, Mary, Thin, Baylee, Duckie, Syn, who else? Please forgive me if I left anyone out...when I start going back and back to check previous threads, I usually manage to "lose" my present post...doh! Come out, come out...tell us a story about your day, good bad, indifferent...we love hearing from everyone!

I'm outta here...a friend is having a garage sale tomorrow, and said I could bring some stuff over to sell...hoo-boy, she doesn't know what she got herself into...I could open a thrift shop with all the crap I have...

I just got off the phone with another friend...it's time for "Girl's Night Out" We do this usually once or twice a year...unfortunately I have to work tonight...of course I'm still going though, just won't get my winkies in before work...tomorrow's post should be totally incoherent...I won't edit, you'll see!

Ok my loves...maybe I'll see you later...have a great day everyone!

PS, this IS a diet forum...maybe I should say something regarding such...Another good day under my belt...I am following the high priestess of no cheating, Miss 2cute's example...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 08-09-2002 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-09-2002, 08:32 AM   #7  
You and Me in 2003

Good morning all my friends.

I have a few minutes before I have to get ready for work.

I could just burst with joy
The other day at work a man that comes in everyday to use the computers walked in and said hi beautiful. Mind you I love my DH dearly but it sure does a body good to hear that from other people
Work is going extremly well I have already caught up with repairing all the damaged books. That is part of my job. I rearrainged the file cabinet in the office so things are easier to find too.

Food is soso at least the weight is staying the same.
DH and I are going in to a movie tonight. We never go to movies at night. We try for matinees they are cheaper. But I told him we need a change of pace. We are going to see signs.

I hope all of you have a great day and stay op.
I better get off here and eat breakfast.
Be back later
Old 08-09-2002, 12:24 PM   #8  

Angry Good morning

Just popping in while the baby is sleeping. She is sooooo precious. I really enjoyed having her alone. No brothers or sister... no husbands or aunts to share her with. Just her and me.

The older granddaughter drives me crazy sometimes.
She just turned 2 and she LOVES our dog... but our dog doesn't love kids. So naturally I am a nervous wreck when they are together. He has never nipped or anything like that... but I still am a nervous wreck. The dog is sooo spoiled to being the "baby" of the house. Doesn't like it when a toddler finds his hidden toys. LOL This baby is too small to disturb him so it is much more relaxing. Ahhhh

She was so sweet. Her mommy forgot to pack her bottles so when she was ready for a nap she did not have her usual bottle. She was a little fussy... but ... as soon as I started singing to her.... she just relaxed and went right to sleep.
Trust me... it wasn't my good singing... I can't carry a tune.
She just liked hearing my calmness and song is sootheing even if out of tune.

MARY !!!! I have never seen you write such a long post before. The guy must have really got your adrienlin going. You little devil you. I know what you mean.... an unexpected gesture like that can go a longgggg way for our ego. Someday maybe I will get that lucky too. (A girl can hope can't she.)

Speaking of lucky.... LUCKY... congrats on getting your food back on track. That is great !!!
We have had just the right amount of rain this year so far. Usually by the end of July and Aug everything is dieing from the lack of rain here. This year everything is still green and lucious.

Kat... my husband is anxiously awaiting the day I clean out our garage with a garage sale. I promised to have it in the spring... but it never happened. Now it is too hot. Come Sept.... out it goes !!!! If I don't sell it... it is being donated. I have sooo much stuff I think I will have it two weekends in a row.

Sara... your enticing worked obviously. LOL But please feel free to start the next one. LOL
When the babysitting gets to feel like too much... just think of me here doing the same thing. Sometimes it helps knowing you are not alone. Have a good time tonight at your party.

Okay... the rest of you need to post so I can reply to you too.
I know some of you are out there reading. Michelle... where are you hiding?? I know Thin is working her butt off again today.

Well... I am going to get some dishes done while the baby sleeps.
I am looking forward to another cheat free day.
Kat... I am glad to set a good example for you... I have others who inspired me by their example. That is how this group therapy works... we inspire each other and show... IT CAN BE DONE... no matter how many times you failed in the past.
TODAY is the only day you have to think about. Just for today.
See you all later.
Old 08-09-2002, 06:38 PM   #9  
a work in progress...

Exclamation Now hear this...

HELLO OUT THERE!!!! WHERE IS EVERYBODY???
Old 08-09-2002, 06:42 PM   #10  

I am typing one handed holding a baby,
she wants to help.
be back when she is asleep
Old 08-09-2002, 11:01 PM   #11  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

One cat is sleeping in the middle of my bed, the other is in the snoring in the corner and soon I'll be wedging my body around cat #1 cause he will not move.

Just wanted to stop in and wish everyone a "Good Night".

Reading about the little one made me smile. I absolutely adore infants. It's when they become little "people" that they scare the heck out of me.

2Cute: Honey, sit yourself right down and listen to this one. I tried to visit that bog last summer and gave up 1/2 way there. Yes I did TOO weigh over 300. To be honest, even at 272 I wouldn't want to do it every day. Huff Puff I sure felt good about myself when I got back to the car tho. Pooped but happy.

I gotta get some sleep.
Good night all, sleep tight and don't let the bedbugs bite.
Old 08-10-2002, 12:03 AM   #12  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Yes, I really am alive and well and living in Michigan! I have not fallen off the face of the earth.

I just want to give you an idea of where I am when I'm not here. Here is a list of the jobs I have done this week.
Monday: Plan-o-gram audit at a department store, lunch with an aunt, visit to a child care center, exit interviews at a home improvement store
Tuesday: 3 grocery stores, 1 bank, 1 bookstore, Plan-o-gram audit (different location) and a community education class at night.
Wednesday: 1 bank, 1 grocery store
Thursday: oil change audit, toy store, brunch with a friend, lawyer appointment with my foster sister, dinner job
Friday: 8 banks, lunch job, theatre job, 2 apartments
Saturday: I'll be in a theatre all day
Sunday: rest?????

You see, I'm not just snoozing when I'm not here. I really do work for a living!

I'm still doing paperwork this evening for today's jobs so I can't stay here long. I just wanted to check in and let you know I'm still alive.

Stephanie: Welcome to our humble corner of 3FC's. We're glad you joined us. Hope you'll visit often.

Gotta run. I wanta try to get some more of this paperwork done before I go to bed. See ya later. Love to all.
Old 08-10-2002, 01:02 AM   #13  

J-ann... I am impressed !!!!! I could NEVER do what you did.
How old are you?? Please don't tell me you are in your 50's too. You are putting me to shame. Keep up the great spirit and exercise... you will never regret it.

Thin... you poor thing. I could not keep up with you either.
No wonder you don't exercise... you don't have time.
But.. we do MISS YOU when you are not here.

Okay... the rest of you...
Get your butts in here !!!! (please)..
Old 08-10-2002, 08:04 AM   #14  
You and Me in 2003

Quick post.
Dh and I went to see Signs last night it was good. Stoped by Shoneys for dessert afterwards like we did on our first date.
Have to work today and have a genealogy meeting
catch you later.
Old 08-10-2002, 09:51 AM   #15  

I HAVE to clean my house and mow the lawn today soooooo, here is the deal. In order to get that done I have told myself I can't respond to any of you until my chores are done!!!!

So, off I go....I will hurry.......

It is nice here this morning. 57 and windy...hopefully that keeps the mosquitoes away while I mow.
Closed Thread