Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-04-2010, 11:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Angry I'm SO Angry BUT Just Have to say WHATEVER and Move Forward

Ok so as alot of you all know I'm starting with a Personal Trainer on Wednesday. I went shopping over the weekend and stocked up on all my yummy lowcal/ low fat foods. I will start (again) my journaling today. My trainer asked me to track at least 2 days worth of eating before meeting with her. I have a limit of 1200 calories per day PERIOD...LOTS of water (which is all I drink anyway) and my work out regime...

UGH HERE COMES THE UGH BIG UGH...........

November my uncle passes away and it all went down hill from there...off diet...uncle passes away, Thanksgiving rolls around...9 birthdays between Thanksgiving and Christmas and HERE I AM......

Gained it ALL back PLUS freakin 7lbs..........at a staunching 241 geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssshhhhhhhhhhhh

Glad I started with a trainer.....it's time to kick my own butt into gear for real.................
readytobeme2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:14 AM   #2  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

so sorry about your uncle

onward and downward. I was at the gym on sat and it was pretty packed. I'd say lots of people are facing the holiday poundage (including a couple on me), hang in there!

enjoy the trainer!
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

THat is the nice thing about dieting, You can start over anytime. Don't beat yourself up over a lapse. Get back on track and you will be fine. I see that you are determiined to do so.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:26 AM   #4  

ok i just set up my first of what will be a daily issue of blogging on blogger.com.....SO i will have all my ducks in a row.....ugh this HAS to be IT for me.........
Old 01-04-2010, 11:35 AM   #5  
westernsoutherngirl

S/C/G: 170/164/145

Height: 5'6'

So sorry to hear about your uncle and other setbacks! Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and take it one day at a time - sometimes I have to take it one hour at a time! You can do it!

Ugh! I am in a similar boat for different reasons! And I just lost my trainer because my DH claims we have spent $10,000 on trainers to no avail! (Major exaggeration on his part but THAT is a whole other topic
!) I really loved my last trainer but alas I am on my own now. So I am trying hard not to feel rudderless! Truth is I didn't lose that much weight but that trainer did help me change my whole attitude towards exercise and I started running which I would NEVER have done without him! I am new to 3FC and looking forward to lots of good info on these forums!
westernsoutherngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:41 AM   #6  

UGH that's not encouraging about to hear about trainers.... why didn't they help with the weight loss? YIKES>>>>>>>>>
when did you start your journey and where are you with it now etc???
Old 01-04-2010, 02:03 PM   #7  
westernsoutherngirl

S/C/G: 170/164/145

Height: 5'6'

Mostly because I (just me) have a hard time doing exercise and eating right at the same time - it is like I can do one or the other but not both! So obviously I have some unresolved food issues. I started at 175 and got down to 166 but now I am back and 170 and starting over. None of it was the trainers fault - he wanted me to keep a food journal and I didn't follow through! I also have some screwed up relationship issues with my spouse that I am going to have to resolve before I can really make progress. BUT I have learned that more than 50% of progress is related to your eating - the exercise is a huge bonus and really, really does help your mental state! So I guess bottom line is I just didn't take full advantage of the trainer although I learned a lot from him! And even though I am 47 I started running and ran a 5K race - which really I would never have done before in a million years! DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED - USE MY MISTAKES AS A LEARNING TOOL! I am determined to do it this time even without the trainer! Best wishes to you! Sorry so long!
westernsoutherngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #8  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Don't be discouraged. Everybody's different! You may take real well to a trainer! I have a friend who loved hers and has learned a lot from him. (I won't tell you that same trainer trainer quit without warning...nope won't tell you that. ) But really, she loved having a trainer. She didn't have him long enough to notice a difference, but exercise is good for us!

I was exercising like a crazy person the last time I did this and it did wonders for my blood pressure. My blood pressure went from borderline high to low normal without me losing much weight at all.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:48 PM   #9  
More than halfway to 100!

S/C/G: 273/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Check with your trainer about the 1200 calories, too, hun. Depending on how hard you're working out, you may need to up that in order to actually lose weight. As I have been working out more intensely, I have actually increased my calories rather than decreased them! I went through about six months where I was training for a half marathon and I lost NOT ONE POUND. If I would have eaten more, I would have sen results. Just a thought! Best of luck-- can't wait to see you be successful!!!
IrishRose25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:24 AM   #10  
Hopeless but harmless

Height: 5'5"

The thing about dieting is that we can start/stop/start again whenever we want. It's not a race. Much as our intentions are good, we can't live in a diet bubble. Things will happen, invitations will come as will holidays and we have to bite the bullet and do the best we can, realizing that we are only human.
You hve suffered a bereavement, it's understandable that you fell off the diet wagon, but you got back on and that is the most important thing.
Your trainer will understand, you aren't the first
Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:00 AM   #11  

Default What would I do without 3FC You Guys are so Wonderful

I am so humbled, how would I make it without you guys I don't know. I feel 100% today and on track. I am excited about starting with my trainer tomorrow....

One thing about her, she has lost over 150lbs and doesn't have this model perfect, she's just down to earth, knows what it takes and is still on her journey. I know she can relate to me and this is a HUGE plus for me.

Am i nervous???? YEP not sure yet why because I love Heidi as a person I love her and have known her for years but maybe its just the unknown and knowing the financial investment I NEED IT TO WORK.....ya know?

I love ya guys (cyberly speaking lol) and thank you so much.....

Old 01-05-2010, 10:07 AM   #12  

While this is obviously a vast overgeneralization I try to rememeber...

Exercise is about making me "feel" the way I want....good energy, strong, agile, etc.

Eating right is about making me "look" the way I want in terms of losing pounds.

While both help with both, I can't forget that eating is the key to actually dropping weight, but just dieting doesn't really help that much with my overall health and fitness as I would like.
randomcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:20 AM   #13  

Height: 5'3"

Trainers aren't magicians. You still have to do the work. They can't control what you do or do not put into your mouth.

*That* is why trainers sometimes have no affect on weight loss.
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote