Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-02-2010, 10:50 PM   #1  

Default Let's Try This Weight Loss Thing Together

About three years ago I lost 120 pounds, with the help of this forum, diet, and exercise. When I lost the weight it was great, and I thought that now I could splurge every once in awhile on things that I restricted myself from before. Once in awhile turned to once a week, then daily, and now all the time.. So here I sit, and I have gained about 100 pounds back.

So after realizing that I hate being overweight again, I decided I had to put my foot down and do this one more time. I have started changing my eating habits and am trying to get back into my gym routine once again.

I know that this is going to be the last time that I need to lose this much weight, because I recognize that it is not a diet, but a life style change and I am definitely up for the challenge!!

I would love to have a buddy who could do some encouraging, and also just someone who knows how hard it is to lose a large amount of weight.
Caity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:58 PM   #2  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I feel for you, Caity. I lost 133 pounds 10 years ago and gained it all back and then some. Horrific when I think of what that does to a body.

For me, I turned back to food when job stress went through the roof. I kept thinking I could stop gaining, but just one more piece of pizza. It's so easy to get so caught up in eating in the moment that you forget what it's going to do to you long term.

I'm better prepared this time. I know now that maintenance is not much different than losing, just a matter of a handful of calories a day. So I decided I better like what and how I'm eating now, because this is how it's got to be for the rest of my life. I just can't go through the pain and heartache of gaining back the weight again!

Anyway, just wanted to say welcome back and good luck!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:35 PM   #3  

Friend, we are all in this together! You know you can do it!!! And this time around, you have the experience under your belt that you can fall back on in trying times. You are already a winner for getting back to it!!! Yay you!!!!
nitestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:23 AM   #4  
Hopeless but harmless

Height: 5'5"

I can't tell you how often I have lost over 5 stones (14lbs to a stone) and put it all back on
I'm now losing weight (well I put 5lbs back on over Christmas!)under the guidance of my doctor and dietician. The have turned my thinking around... this isn't a race... we live in the real world where gain happens, even on a healthy life style but its how we deal with it that counts. I shall be on here for my months and hope to keep in touch with you. We're all in this together! Go Team GO!

Last edited by Dinky; 01-04-2010 at 03:24 AM.
Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:55 AM   #5  
299lbs.wordpress.com

S/C/G: 299/285/145

Height: 5'9''

You've done it once, you can do it again! We're 1200% behind you in this

Annie

http://www.299lbs.wordpress.com
299lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

I, too, have lost weight (50 lbs) and gained it all back (plus more, in my case). You're right though - this IS a lifestyle change, and we CAN do it together!

i look forward to seeing you around the boards!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:07 PM   #7  

I hope you are right.....I am on uneasy ground right now....I used to be a beautiful girl with a great body but my second pregnacy did me in....but that is a terrible excuse because my baby is now 14 years old!!!! yes, I have spent the last 14 years of my life over weight some years not as bad as others but now I am at my all time high of 218....and I am desperate for change....I am thankful for the forum and have started a blog but honestly I am overwhelmed and don't know where to start. Good Luck to all of you...and I hope that I can make some serious changes and stick to them.
hopeful10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/195/145

Height: 5/3

Samsid03, my baby just turned 15 and I too am at my heaviest. I'm at 220 today and have made this committment, once again, to lose weight. I think the best thing I have going for me is that my husband has decided that it's time for him to lose weight as well. That's going to help tremendously, but we still have three teenagers at home who are extremely fit and thin who can eat anything they want without gaining weight. Fortunately, they also like healthy foods (along with the bad snacks) so it shouldn't be too hard keeping the naughty stuff out of the house. I also look foward to turning towards this forum for accountability and support.
tbmmom is offline   Reply With Quote