Old 01-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/165

Height: 5"10"

Default First Day--Cooking for Family While Eating Shakes

Hi Guys,

Starting my first day today, and I am pumped and ready to rock! I had a (fairly delicious) shake for breakfast...my husband was very supportive and bought me a new blender as one of my Christmas presents. Of course, my 3 and 6 year olds wanted a "smoothie" for breakfast, too, but I made theirs with juice, yogurt, etc. It's hard to be cooking for the family and have only my diet shakes myself, but I am determined!

I weighed in this morning, and my ultimate goal is to lose 70 pounds. I have done this before, and I can do it again. This is going to be quite a challenge. But I also have a head start on Lent, when I usually promise to give up chocolate, dessert, etc. so I'm ahead of the game already.

Trying to give myself some encouragement and not be cranky with my family, although in reading other posts, I see that I may indeed by crabby and moody.

Good luck to everyone!
RunningToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:57 PM   #2  
1 day at a time =^.^=

S/C/G: 275/217/165

Height: 5'5"

Hi! I've done this in the past too and was successful in keeping it off for 10 years, but then slipped into old habits.

We can do this! I am restarting too.

Take care, and a healthy new year to all...
justducky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:42 PM   #3  

Funny! Last year for Lent I gave up soda and I haven't had any since, so this year Lent will be a whole year. Just didn't feel like drinking any. So, yup, you're ahead of the game on that part. The rest comes in slowly. Good luck and best wishes!!
sidrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:29 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5.5"

Hang in there. I am in week 4 and it has gotten a lot easier. I managed to do Xmas cooking for everyone else without slipping. Once you get used to not tasting while you cook it is no problem.
LizR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/165

Height: 5"10"

Oh, thank you all! It's nice to know that there are others out there struggling with the same things....
RunningToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote