Old 01-01-2010, 09:48 AM   #1  
gonna be thin again

S/C/G: 214/214/120

Default Day 7 girls!!! Its sooo much easier now!!!

It's day 7,,,I made it a week counting calories!!! I'm so excited,,it's like everyday gets easier! I'm not hungry at all.

What I have learned!!!

Soda makes me hungry

Tea suppresses my appetite

Water helps too.

Save a majority of my calories til night since i'm a late night eater and I can't go to sleep unless I am full.

Keep a food journal,,,I use to thought that "How could that help?" well it does extremely. Not only does it keep you in calorie count but it feels good to see my progress.

I can't put too many stipulations on my eating habits,,,notice I said eating habits. I know that I can't ever eat how I use too. When I get thin, I'm gonna count calories for the rest of my life, and if I eat a big plate of pasta I will just go right back to it.

It's all about finding what is best for the right person!!

These are things that I have learned so far. This site is great and everyone is so nice and helpful.

What was the breaking point for me to start my weight loss journey?
I have felt for the last 10 years that my weight affects every aspect of my life and I will not start truly living until I am happy with myself. I will be 30 this August and I will not spend my 30's unhappy!!!

Do you all think I can reach my goal before August? 214 to 130

It's been a week and my jogging pants are falling off of me,,, can this be right?
b2babe123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:58 AM   #2  
299lbs.wordpress.com

S/C/G: 299/285/145

Height: 5'9''

Yes! I believe you can do it! ... and yes! you're pants sure can be falling off you after just one week. It's most likely water-weight-loss in addition to fatloss.

You go get 'em! ;D

http://299lbs.wordpress.com/
299lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'6

Good for YOU!!!!!!!!!

You and I are starting out at the same weight and I just started on Tuesday. So far I've cheated a couple times but have eaten nearly as bad as I had been. I don't know you but I'm so proud of you!!!!!!!!

Do you need a weight loss buddy? I do. PM me if you want some help staying accountable. I know I need some help staying motivated.

What kind of tea are you drinking to suppress your appetite?
KathyinAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:10 AM   #4  
gonna be thin again

S/C/G: 214/214/120

Default gonna be thin again

yes i would love to be your weight loss buddy. however i'm not familiar with messaging. im on facebook rachel shannon. if so we can message by that until i figure it out. my 10 year old usually does it all for me,,,lol.

i drink just generic brew tea with the tea maker my mom got me.
what are you doing new to start your weight loss journey?

i'm very excited!!! maybe between the 2 of us we can lose another whole person.
b2babe123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Yay!!!!!!! I will add you on FB, but here you can send private messages by clicking the person's name then click send a PM (or private message). If you look at the upper right hand corner of this screen, You can see your private messages. Just click on that to read the one I'm about to send you!

Edited----

I don't see an option to send a pm under your name....I'll just get in touch with you on FB

Last edited by KathyinAL; 01-01-2010 at 10:27 AM.
KathyinAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 198/165/145

Height: 5'0

Great job!!! It really does get easier and easier!! Keep up the awesome work!
Yelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/144/115

Height: 5'1"

We are right there together! Today is day 6 for me, and I feel TONS better already. I'm full, I feel in control, and I'm HAPPY! I'm never happy dieting! lol. Of course, I am still not getting in all the veggies and proteins I need, but getting the calories in control was the first step... hoping it will lead to better food choices for me. Glad to hear you are doing well so far!
allicat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/199/130

Height: 5'1''

Congrats to you!!

Im not that good at calorie counting, but im tryin!
Mommato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 215/209/150

I am on day 3 of calorie counting using fit day and journal to myself. WOW I love carbs

I have really been pushing the water for the last 2 weeks, but just cannot give up my morning coffee - but I did cut the sugar out of it.
pmteub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:47 PM   #10  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Congrats and its true it does get easier. WHen Ifirst started I was a reck. I thought it was so hard but it gets easier especially because I mainly eat the same type of foods weekly. Good luck and keep up the good work
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:02 PM   #11  
Ready for Change

S/C/G: 216.6 / 208.2 / 116

Height: 5'1

Congrats!

If you don't want the cals of drinking tea, gum works well too. When I'm craving something sweet or feeling hungry, I just chew some sugar-free gum. I also eat much slower and this works wonders.

Keep up the great work!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmteub View Post
I am on day 3 of calorie counting using fit day and journal to myself. WOW I love carbs

I have really been pushing the water for the last 2 weeks, but just cannot give up my morning coffee - but I did cut the sugar out of it.
Apparently I love carbs too! It's been 56 and 58% of my nutritional breakdown the past 2 days.
SNMomof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:57 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/177.2/138

Yelie i like your signature motto! lol
Carb eaters---i am the same way, i eat more than half my calories by carbs!!
B2babe -- i also am turning 30 in August!! I am pushing for my goal hopefully by 4th of July!!!
heartmyboys is offline   Reply With Quote