Old 12-31-2009, 03:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'6

Default Coffee

Does anyone here use coffee with low cal creamer/sweetener to satisfy the sweet tooth? It's going to be either that or total junk. Surely I won't need a crutch once I get used to eating less, right?

Of course, I AM my mother's daughter and my mother quit smoking like 5 years ago but still eats a darn nicotine lozenge every 10 minutes....so maybe I will be relying on this crutch forever....sigh.....

Skinny people drink coffee, right? I'm trying to think like a skinny person, lol!

My theory is that if i think and act like a skinny person, eventually I'll be one.....

ugh....this diet has turned me into a basket case!
KathyinAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:18 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I don't think a coffee is bad....especially just one. As long as you're counting the calories for the creamer/sweetner, then the coffee has no calories that I"m aware of. Yes, skinny people drink coffee all the time! The key is to NOT have too many of the coffees that are full of calories. I do have myself a decaf soy latte about once a week, but that's because the soy milk has some calories and I can't handle the caffeine. I don't think that it's the same as the nicotine. No, not at all, so don't view this as a weakness. View it as a strength! I have my "tools" that help me manage my calories and my food restrictions.

Last edited by luckymommy; 12-31-2009 at 04:19 PM.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: ♡See Ticker♡

Height: 68"

Hi, I tend to like my coffee plain lately, but I have tried some non dairy creamers as of late and I do like them. I don't know a lot about the different brands, but I don't see the harm as long as you keep it under a couple cups a day. Half and Half or full cream can add a lot of calories to coffee, though, so I have been avoiding it.
Mikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:23 PM   #4  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Yes,love my coffee as a sweet treat. so goooooooooood!

misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:27 PM   #5  
Meg

I have a Keurig coffeemaker and love the flavored coffees as a sweet treat. No calories!

I drink a ton of coffee and can't say I'm a skinny chick, but at least I'm not fat any more. Heck no, it's not a crutch! It's a necessity!! Seriously, I've given up SO much already -- the only way anyone is going to get my coffee away from me is to pry it out of my cold, dead hands.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:55 PM   #6  

LOL, thanks!!! I thought I was being a baby about the coffee. Glad to know I'm not alone!

Finished that cup and I'm not craving anymore, so I guess that is good.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:55 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
Seriously, I've given up SO much already -- the only way anyone is going to get my coffee away from me is to pry it out of my cold, dead hands.
Hahaha !! I know what you mean. Besides, I read somewhere that at least a cup of coffee a day can actually be kind of good for you. (aside from the additives.. depends on what you use).
Old 12-31-2009, 04:58 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikan View Post
Hahaha !! I know what you mean. Besides, I read somewhere that at least a cup of coffee a day can actually be kind of good for you. (aside from the additives.. depends on what you use).
My problem is that I have many cups of coffee and use artificial sweetener....normally I like things all natural....I wouldn't dare give those chemicals to my family but I need the coffee and the sweet taste and I'm not about to spoil my diet with real sugar. I'll worry about the effects of the artifical sweetener when I'm thin again. One thing at a time, lol!
Old 12-31-2009, 04:59 PM   #9  
Meg

I've been reading a lot lately about the health benefits of coffee too! Apparently it has a lot of antioxidants (so does decaf, so both kinds are good for us). A few cups a day lowers the risk of Type 2 diabetes by 40% or something amazing like that. Not that I was ever going to give it up, but now I don't feel guilty about drinking it.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:24 PM   #10  

Height: 5'6"

Have you tried the sugar free flavored syrups? May be a good way to ease out of using the sugary creamers.

I refuse to give up coffee. Absolutely refuse. As long as it's a good blend, and brewed correctly, I'll drink it black. But if I'm craving sweets, I add a bit of the sugar free syrup. Does the trick for me, but I'm not much of a sweets person.
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:07 PM   #11  
19Deltawifey

I will never give up my morning cup of coffee. I use 1 tbsp of folgers, 2 splenda packets and 2 TBSP of fat free powder french vanilla creamer. I can't drink plain coffee. Coffee is yummy and as long as you make your own coffee you know how many calories it is, if you go to starbucks or anyother coffee shop then good luck figuring out that nutrition info
Old 12-31-2009, 10:15 PM   #12  

I'm not super sure about this, but if your worried about the 'bad for you' sweeteners I think splenda and truvia (stevia) aren't supposed to have the same long term side effects. I think it takes a lot of research to really know, so I am uncertain.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:07 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

I have tassimo and I am a latte addict. What has helped me is mixing 1 latte with 1 cup coffee. Half the calories.
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:18 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 250/221/145

Height: 5'8

Oh my gosh I go to Starbucks every freakin day!
But I swear I probably dropped about 8 pounds this year just from switching from a Venti Caramel Macchiato-- to Venti Coffee with a splash of half and half and a couple of splendas.
It's less than 100 calories and it gives me my caffeine fix for the day.
I can't even drink the fancy (and expensive) drink any more- they're too sweet and creamy and I like to taste the coffee in my coffee. LOL
IrishRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:13 PM   #15  

I love my coffee and will drink it forever! It's coffee, real half and half (none of the fat free or low fat crap for me!) and real sugar. Yummmm.... Lately though I haven't been sugar in it.. not sure why.. it's only 15 calories but I haven't been wanting the sugar so I skip it.

Today for a treat I'm using heavy cream instead of my regular half and half... ooohhh divine! LOVE it!
cassieroll is offline   Reply With Quote