Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 12-30-2009, 03:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

Default OT: Herbal tea!

Hey, maintainers! Anyone else out there loving herbal tea this winter? I'm home for winter break in Michigan and in this weather a nice hot cup of herbal tea is so refreshing.
I've been using my dad's coffee mug, which is twice as big as a regular coffee cup, but I've been seeing no weakness in the flavor of the tea so long as I steep it long enough, and I feel like I'm getting more tea out of it!
I get guilt problems about caffeine when drinking black or green tea, and herbal tea tastes just as good, so how great is that? There MUST be a catch in here somewhere.
Mmmmm....... my friends got me two boxes of Celestial herbal tea. I'm drinking the True Blueberry as I type.. mmm... it tastes (and smells!) just like those Quaker Blueberry Oatmeal packets... how delightful.
It's amazing how good this tastes to me now. It almost tastes sweet, even though no sweetness is present. And the flavors are all so distinct! To think that I used to think tea without sugar/honey tasted like water!
Don't get me wrong, I like water too but... this is simply divine.
Anyone else loving the herbal tea this winter?
megwini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:02 AM   #2  

Certainly lovin the tea this winter, especially now that I have an allergy sore throat/stuffy nose. Just wish I could find True Blueberry near me, the closest is about 30 min away lol. I happen to live next to a grocery store that stocks items just long enough to become addicted then you never see them again lol.
tiggergirl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:44 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Celestial Bengal Spice with a splash of milk! OMG! It's like Chai without all the fats and sugar (or caffeine)! Yummmmmm... So nice in front of a fire on chilly mornings. Or, Yogi Tea Mexican Sweet Chili! Spice you right awake!

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 12-30-2009 at 08:13 AM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:57 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I'm drinking a cup of hot tea right this minute! It's my favorite one - Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice. I drink it with ZERO sweetners or any other additives. LOVE IT!

I recently bought the True Blueberry. I tried it once and really liked it, although not as much as the Bengal Spice. I am going to try it again, maybe even later.

I drink my tea from a 16 ounce mug. I leave the bag in there and it gets good and tasty.

Tea has been a great resource for me. It REALLY helps keep me on track.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Celestial Bengal Spice with a splash of milk! OMG! It's like Chai without all the fats and sugar (or caffeine)! Yummmmmm... So nice in front of a fire on chilly mornings. Or, Yogi Tea Mexican Sweet Chili! Spice you right awake!
Those two sound great.

I love my herbal teas too.

My current fave (and it changes all the time) is Trader Joes Sleepy Time (I think that's what it's called) - a combination of a lot of things, but mainly mint and chamomile. I thought it was a weird combination at first, but it grew on me.

I agree, it's amazing the things that start to taste "sweet."
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:24 PM   #6  
Working My Way Back Down

I need to branch out - but right now I'm enjoying Stash Cinnamon Apple Chamomile - kind of like hot cider. I'm really a coffee girl, but I can't handle caffeine after about noon or I don't sleep well. In the winter, I really enjoy a hot drink in the afternoon/evening, and this fills the bill.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:33 PM   #7  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Weird, I tried to post, but it just disappeared. Sorry if this shows up twice!

I love herbal teas! I bought some loose chamomile/mint tea from a local tea shop that was excellent. In general I'm a big fan of mint. Chamomile is okay, but better with mint mixed in! My favorite herbal tea which was discontinued years ago was Celestial Seasonings Harvest Spice. Yogi Egyptian licorice root tea is great too, if you like that flavor. Licorice root doesn't taste like licorice, but it is naturally sweet and has a very distinctive flavor. It's in the tea they give you in Aveda stores.

My favorite non-caffeinated tea is Stash Decaf Vanilla Nut Creme tea. It's not herbal, it's a decaf black tea, but it is SO GOOD. It smells delicious.

At the moment I'm drinking green tea since I was in Chinatown while on vacation and bought a big container of jasmine tea and a big container of oolong.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote