Old 12-29-2009, 05:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Default Hello fellow 40-somethings!

I'm starting my weight loss journey from 215 (ok, usually 220) to 140. Short term goals are to place my first order w/ BistroMD by tomorrow, make back-up plans for bad weather exercising, and figure out how I can best use 3FC for support. Long term, feel more like that 20-something with the skinny jeans, ponytail, and suntan!

How are ya'll keeping track of your short-term goals and the long-term picture? What forums are helpful to you? Thanks!
Losing80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:04 PM   #2  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Hi, Losing80 and welcome to the group!

I've seen you mention BistroMD both here and on another post. I'm not familiar with it... what is it?

As for keeping track of short-term goals, I usually post in our period goal thread here in the 40-somethings.

For the long-term picture, I just keep in mind that any weightloss is good weight loss, and keep on going. I began this journey in 2/09 and while I haven't lost as much weight as I would like, I'm looking at the positive, which is that I'm beginning 2010 weighing 15 pounds less than 2009. And if I can say the same thing again, come 12/10, then I'm still moving in the right direction.

As for forums, I pretty much stick just to the 40s because otherwise the website can become a real time sink for me. But, in the past I have gotten some great food ideas from the calorie counters, nutrition, whole foods, etc forums. And sometimes I pop in on the general weight loss support forum and chime in.

Hope that helps! Good luck as you figure out your plans for 2010!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:29 PM   #3  

Hi! Welcome!
cassieroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Losing80. I use the 40 somethings and also one specific to my plan. I'm a Sonoma/Mediterranean dieter. I take it you are using a meal delivery plan and I think there is a forum for that if you are interested in talking to other people using meal delivery plans.

As for short term goals etc., I am doing things differently this time around. I've lost large amounts of weight before only to gain them back. I have decided to reward myself for every 15 lbs. I had a massage after my first 15 lbs and I plan to buy some yoga clothes when I get to 30. The other thing I do that I find very motivating is that I have pictures taken once a month to see in very concrete terms what progress I'm making or not and I post them on my blog. Most people take their pictures after losing specified amounts of weight-like every 10 lbs or every 20 lbs or whatever. I actually have more pictures taken then most people and reward myself less often-it works for me though.

I also read the goal and mini-goal threads on a regular basis. That is something I never did before. Can't tell you why. It is very motivating to see people achieve such major milestones. And when I see that, I know I can do it too.

Look forward to getting to know you better.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:40 AM   #5  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! I can't offer any advice as I'm still trying to figure out what will work for me. This is a great group for support, advice, and motivation!
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:31 AM   #6  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi Losing80,

Welcome to one of the best areas on 3FC. The ladies here at 40 something are GREAT. For the most part my 3FC time is spent here. In the beginning I also was active in a couple Biggest Loser Challenges.

Boy can I relate to the feeling young with a body that won't do what it use to. A big eye opener for me was while visiting with my 10 month old grandbaby back in November 2008. I was so uncomfortable down on the floor playing with him that I was overwhelmed with fear that if I didn't change my ways I was going to miss out on so much more; the possibly of early death was very real. Having lost both of my parents; father was 46 mother was 58 I decided I wanted to be healthy and once again get out there and live life. I don't consider myself on a diet this time; I do eat less and move more but I have eliminated nothing.

As for goals I have an idea of where I want to be but my ideal body I'm afraid isn't possible without some major plastic surgery.... fact of the matter is I'm 45 not 25 and skin doesn't snap back like it once did. And those wonderful "C" cup boobs that I always wanted and finally got are nothing more than saggy pockets since weight loss.

At this point I'm learning to work with what I got and trying to focus more on how I feel and move. Like Heidi I haven't lost as much as I had hoped this year but I am moving in the right direction and more importantly for me I'm finding a way of life that I can live with.

Last edited by CruiseCAT; 12-30-2009 at 08:32 AM.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote