Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-28-2009, 04:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 127.5/130.5/117

Height: 5'3"

Default feeling sad

AGH! I had been so good for so long. I was losing , but now I'm right back where I started. Over Christmas time I have been eating eating eating and hardly any of it has been good for me. There is just sooo much chocolate , cake, and fast food around the family's house since I've been home for the holidays. You know when you tell yourself I'll be good, I see the commercials about new year's resolutions and think, that won't have to be me...I won't need to start over again...? Well, that's me. Here I am back to square one and it is sooo depressing. I don't want to see a mirror, I won't want to have sex with my husband, I don't want him to touch me...I won't want him to look at me, I don't want to step on the scale again. I feel so ugly. I know I'm not thinking logically and I definitely DO NOT judge others the way I have judged myself. I hate this. I hate me. I need to stop doing this to myself. It's like I can't turn anywhere without seeing images of "what I ought to be" on TV, on the internet, in magazines...I feel like maybe I'm wrong or crazy for letting all of this get to me. I also feel like maybe I am shallow for judging myself this way and that only makes me feel worse. It makes me feel worse that I can't discipline myself the way I did in the past to lose about 20 lbs but this time I'm trying lose only 10-15 this time. I feel bad that there are other's far worse off than my but I feel bad for feeling bad for myself. It's a vicious cycle and I don't know how to escape it.
Laeah3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:19 PM   #2  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laeah3 View Post
AGH! I had been so good for so long. I was losing , but now I'm right back where I started. Over Christmas time I have been eating eating eating and hardly any of it has been good for me. There is just sooo much chocolate , cake, and fast food around the family's house since I've been home for the holidays. You know when you tell yourself I'll be good, I see the commercials about new year's resolutions and think, that won't have to be me...I won't need to start over again...? Well, that's me. Here I am back to square one and it is sooo depressing. I don't want to see a mirror, I won't want to have sex with my husband, I don't want him to touch me...I won't want him to look at me, I don't want to step on the scale again. I feel so ugly. I know I'm not thinking logically and I definitely DO NOT judge others the way I have judged myself. I hate this. I hate me. I need to stop doing this to myself. It's like I can't turn anywhere without seeing images of "what I ought to be" on TV, on the internet, in magazines...I feel like maybe I'm wrong or crazy for letting all of this get to me. I also feel like maybe I am shallow for judging myself this way and that only makes me feel worse. It makes me feel worse that I can't discipline myself the way I did in the past to lose about 20 lbs but this time I'm trying lose only 10-15 this time. I feel bad that there are other's far worse off than my but I feel bad for feeling bad for myself. It's a vicious cycle and I don't know how to escape it.
Firstly, calm down. Take a few deep breaths. And have a few

You haven't blown the whole weight-loss thing to kingdom come and don't think that you have! Around the holidays, we all tend to be lax when it comes to counting calories, keeping on track and exercising.

And no, you're not shallow for wanting to look like a magazine cover. I do. I'd love to and I know the only way I will is if someone photoshops me to be that thin! Truely! 99.9% of all photos in magazines are photoshopped in some way and many times it's all the "normal" stuff that "normal" people have that is 'shopped away: facial hair, warts, wrinkles, moles, sun spots and belly buttons are all 'shopped to look "perfect".

Want proof?:
http://homepage.mac.com/gapodaca/dig...i/bikini1.html

Want more proof?: (3 part series from Diet.com)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP31r...1&feature=fvwp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovpd5...eature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jID2u...eature=channel

Perfection, you will find, is an ever-moving target. What you strive for only looks perfect, but underneath it is anything but.

Don't feel bad for throwing yourself a pity party, but you need to pick yourself up off the floor, dust yourself off, get back on the crazytrain and believe that you will lose those 10-15 pounds. Here's a bit of
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 127.5/130.5/117

Height: 5'3"

Default Thank you

Thank you for the encouragement. I'll go to those sites and check out what they have. Thank you for pulling me back in to reality. This site is awesome for that and I appreciate it's existance so much that I've gone from punishing myself with more food to looking for support in a positive place. I've come a long way in that respect and I guess being a little "lax" during the holidays won't kill me so long as I realize that I need to put a cap on it and act on that realization before I gain too much.
Laeah3 is offline   Reply With Quote