Old 12-28-2009, 08:10 AM   #1  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Default Friends and Losers- Dec 28-Jan 3

Happy Monday!

I know it is back to work for many of us...and i am feeling quite cr*ppy about it!
Still...it is a short week and New Year is just round the corner....and our 5th Wedding Anniversary on New Years Eve

i had a 5 day long holiday weekend...and it was great.
How is everyone?
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:45 AM   #2  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

I'm tired.

We had a great Christmas, but a lot of running around. Dh is now sick and I feel something lurking too. I am taking Airborne as we speak - I am having a NYEve party and cannot be sick!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:33 AM   #3  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey all. things are good here. it's been great having DH home. i think i've slept in for the past 5 days and it's been wonderful.
but i'm back at my normal routine of working out, etc. DD is off school until the 4th of Jan, so all 3 kids are over here. which means that baby X may or may not get her normal naps in. ugh..sucky. oh well.
DH is off on mondays so that definitely helps.

ok..gotta go. kids are being all crazy and X is crabbing..
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:55 PM   #4  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

I had a wonderful Christmas but I am back at work today and I had one girl call in sick and another two staff in the office coughing so it could be a rough couple of days.
I leave for Mexico in 3 days so the count down is on. I really need a break from the office so I cant wait.
Well I gotta run but I wanted to check in and say hello!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

I had a great long holiday long weekend. Started wildly off plan, but got back on track over the weekend. I followed the advice of some gal on the today show. The day after Christmas, work out, drink lots of water, and give up starches for a few days. I think the starch avoiding was really helpful. It was either that or stage an intervention for cookie addiction. I decided not to wait until new years to start a period of sticking on plan. Back to my beloved blue plan, and I am going to comit to being as POP as I can be until my birthday, which is 5 more weeks. I can do 5 weeks of being stict with myself even on the weekends.

We booked a cruise to Alaska at the end of June. My sisters and I are treating my dad to a cruise as a Christmas present and all going on the cruise with him. So I'd like to be noticeably thinner by that time.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:27 AM   #6  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi friends
I just watched the football game, and it was super good. I, of course, was sad my Brett did not win, but it was a very fun Monday night game.

I am not exactly back OP, but I am not going hog wild. I am leaving for my mom's in Wisconsin in the morning, and the holiday celebrations will continue for us for another whole week. I have it made, really.....Christmas just lasts and lasts for us. I love it, cuz I love giving gifts

Ok, have to go finish folding my laundry and get packed. It has been a really busy day of getting ready, and I am fading fast........
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/143/120

Height: 5'4

I started back on plan and with exercise yesterday. Going to Hawaii mid Feb and I was already up BEFORE Christmas. Yup, I gained 2 lbs over the break which was better than I expected. Pretty hard to control what you eat when you aren't in control of the kitchen! The strategy I use at home is to buy no temptation foods as I lack will power.

So now my unrealistic goal is to drop 14.5 lbs in 6 weeks. Boo! I have upped the exercising but since I am on plan 1 it's not like I can drop my calories. The good news is that I can see definite toning taking place! Now if I could get out of the "just because they zip up doesn't mean you fit those jeans " stage.

Tan
petitelapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:24 PM   #8  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Hello Ladies!

I am still lurking. Glad to see everyone is still working the plan and trying to get re-focused after the Holidays. It has been a busy time for me so not much time to concentrate on a diet with travel and holidays.

Hope to be in here more in 2010 and back on plan. Can't get there right now though. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and I wish you all a Happy New Year!
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

So happy to hear everyons Holiday went well. Ours was great and I enjoyed the time off. I am not so much enjoying all the work that piled up and has to be taken care of this week but that is the price you pay for a vacation. Everyone in my house is healthy and happy (so far) as soon as the newness of the toys and electronics wears off I am sure the happiness will fade. Hopefully just in time for them to go back to school. I am slightly sad the Chistmas holiday is over as I feel it is just a magical time(glad yours is continuing Nicole). But I am ready for a new year. A fresh start on my dieting and exercise. I am formulating a plan and will get off the rest of this weight this coming year.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:59 PM   #10  

So happy to hear everyons Holiday went well. Ours was great and I enjoyed the time off. I am not so much enjoying all the work that piled up and has to be taken care of this week but that is the price you pay for a vacation. Everyone in my house is healthy and happy (so far) as soon as the newness of the toys and electronics wears off I am sure the happiness will fade. Hopefully just in time for them to go back to school. I am slightly sad the Chistmas holiday is over as I feel it is just a magical time(glad yours is continuing Nicole). But I am ready for a new year. A fresh start on my dieting and exercise. I am formulating a plan and will get off the rest of this weight this coming year.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:25 PM   #11  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Well I packed my bags last night and I am ready for vacation. The only sad part is that my clothes are tight. Thank god for yoga shorts! I just love that stretchy material.
Last night I was so ticked at myself for gaining weight back. I am back at 170 pounds. My DH and I are going to walk in the heat every day while we are in Mexico. I can't say I won't have a beer or two because I know I will.
2010 is the year I need to succeed with my overall health. I just have to.
Well, have a Happy New Year everyone and I will be in touch when I am back from vacation.

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:45 PM   #12  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Joan - I am sooooooooo jealous of you right now!!!!

Glad everyone had a good Xmas.This is my fav part of the year...like everyone else and I hate that it is almost over. Tommorow is our 5th Wedding Anniversary and we usually avoid New Year's eve parties to spend some quiet time together. New Year's day we plan to go ice-skating.

Reality check time for me...I decided to go for a WI this evening
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:14 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

MJ, You are brave, evening weigh ins are not good for me. I prefer first thing in the morning.

Joan, Have a great vacation. Soak up some rays for all of us.

Nicole, I hope you are having a great continuation Christmas.

Amy M, I just got started on my new year a few days early. I bet starting next week we will see more than a few people returning to give the LAWL plan another go.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:16 AM   #14  

Barabara- you are so right.

Joan- have a great vacation and I have heard numerous people state that the only vacation where they lost weight was in Mexico because of the heat.

MJ- good luck on your weigh in

I was listening to the radio this morning and I must have heard 2 commericals advertising LA and about 10 gym/fitnesss talking about the new you in the new decade. It is somewhat inspiring to think about starting over and becoming this new person (at least physically) in 2010. I should start earlier than monday and the truth of the matter is I should have never stopped following my plan in the first place. I suspect most people feel the same way. But we all have our weakness and mine apparently is peanut butter fudge and chex mix. So I will just not have any of that in my house.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:27 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Heres to a Happy and healthy New Year everybody!! We had a fabulous Christmas, found out we're going to be grandparents!!! Wooo hooo! Our oldest son Jonathan and his wife are expecting a little bundle of joy in August!!!! Hope everybody has a fantastic 2010!!!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote