Old 12-27-2009, 06:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Anybody else go WAY off over Christmas?

It was just 2 days....and I had planned all along to go off program....but I went WAY off. Not binge eating just really mindless eating, sodium, sugar, etc.......and although it was fun I'm scared of weighing in tomorrow. I'm assuming that part of the weight gain I see tomorrow will be from sodium and will be water weight that will hopefully come off relatively quickly.....and I know it will be 48 to 72 hours back OP before I can repair my damage and be in ketosis again....but anyone else been through this/going through it now?
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/188/138

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I am right there with ya!! I went of my plan for 3 days (dec. 23-25) and I feel like crap! I started the yellow menu for Day 1-4 & I don't even want to eat anything!! Going off for Christmas totally ruined my taste for vegetables, I feel like gagging when I look at them! I enjoyed nuts, ham, corn, mashed taters, & some cheese cake and OH YEAH I screwed it all up! So-you are not alone! Bad thing is I just joined MRC like a week before Christmas (idiot!) LOL
Anti Gluten Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:29 PM   #3  

ooops *I went OFF my plan not OF*
But I have been taking some carb blockers I bought at health food store so I hope they work?? Today is my 2nd day on Yellow Menu & I still don't want to eat
Old 12-27-2009, 07:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/174/135

Height: 5ft 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchmom84 View Post
It was just 2 days....and I had planned all along to go off program....but I went WAY off. Not binge eating just really mindless eating, sodium, sugar, etc.......and although it was fun I'm scared of weighing in tomorrow. I'm assuming that part of the weight gain I see tomorrow will be from sodium and will be water weight that will hopefully come off relatively quickly.....and I know it will be 48 to 72 hours back OP before I can repair my damage and be in ketosis again....but anyone else been through this/going through it now?
I did awful as well....I had a plan to go off on Christmas eve and then get right back on....well that hasn't happened yet. I did so bad, I ate cookies, fudge, pizza, etc. But I am finally back home now and plan on getting back on track tomorrow, I realized how hard it was while not being at home and traveling....bad part is I have to leave again on Wed. and return on Sunday, but this time I am going to remain focused! We Will Do This!!!!!
WWDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:46 PM   #5  

I am glad to see I was not alone in my "folly"
Old 12-27-2009, 08:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/191/140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Gluten Chick View Post
I am glad to see I was not alone in my "folly"
You are not alone because I am there too. I know it is all sodium and water gain. I love peppermint ice cream and when I messed up said heck and ate some. I am back where I first started and I have a hard time losing the weight as it is. I go to have my thyroid checked on 1/08/2010. I think that might be part of the problem. I read in one of the threads that Taurine will help you get rid of the water so I am going to purchase some and see how that works.
not going to give up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/168/165

Height: 5'7" 1/2

I had a terrible week, I could not exercise because I pulled a muscle or something, and just knew that I would gain and with the plan to eat with the family I knew all was lost. But I was pleasantly surprised when I WI Saturday and managed to still loose 1/2 lb. I just knew that I had gained. Today I guess I felt like sabotaging so I ate a little chocolate??? Go figure, you celebrate your sucesses and then you(I) sabotage. This eating thing has a lot of us intelligent people scratching our heads. No worries, I will do Metaquick Monday and Tuesday to kick start this baby back up. I entered the challenge to loose 8lbs by 1/4/2010 for an extra 4 weeks, wish me luck everyone I need about 3-4 lbs off. Good luck to each of you for a great OP week. sexyrene
sexyrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:21 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyrene View Post
I had a terrible week, I could not exercise because I pulled a muscle or something, and just knew that I would gain and with the plan to eat with the family I knew all was lost. But I was pleasantly surprised when I WI Saturday and managed to still loose 1/2 lb. I just knew that I had gained. Today I guess I felt like sabotaging so I ate a little chocolate??? Go figure, you celebrate your sucesses and then you(I) sabotage. This eating thing has a lot of us intelligent people scratching our heads. No worries, I will do Metaquick Monday and Tuesday to kick start this baby back up. I entered the challenge to loose 8lbs by 1/4/2010 for an extra 4 weeks, wish me luck everyone I need about 3-4 lbs off. Good luck to each of you for a great OP week. sexyrene
What is Metaquick, what do I do? I may have to try it, I could use all the help I can get to kick start this back into gear.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

Let me clarify I did not "fall" off the wagon. I jumped off and ran like **** to the buffet table, lol. I give myself the week before and the week after Christmas to screw up. But I know me, and I know Ill appreciate my nice, healthy food so much more on Jan. 1. I'm not going to beat myself up too much, but I will get back on the wagon in a few days...
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:48 AM   #10  

LOL Thanks I needed that laugh! I like ur Avatar.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:11 AM   #11  

Very funny, chickybird.
Metaquick is like the yellow menu very restrictive-it's shakes or bar for breakfast and lunch(of course HNS) and for dinner it's 4oz protein, vegetable
(4oz cooked or 8oz raw and your starch. Only 2 days(7 days max in a months time)Fill up on the water as usual. It sort of jump starts your system back, the center recommends it when you hit a plateau. Hope that helps, we need all the help we can get. sexyrene
Old 12-28-2009, 10:00 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

I think the "wagon" ran me over. I was planning on being so good.. Made healthy things like grilled veggies and sweet potatos. Stuffing with no butter. I had such a good plan. Then my plan went to crap.. It started on Wed at work. A little snacking here, a little snacking there.. Then off program christmas eve, and christmas day. Did I get right back on program? Nope I made cupcakes.. How smart was that? Not very.. So then I was off program on Sat and Sun. I still feel like crap. My tummy is not happy.

I'm getting back on my wagon today. I'm strapping myself in this time. I know I'm up.. but have no one to blame but me. I'm going home and throwing those darn cupcakes away.. At least the holidays are OVER....
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:11 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Oh this is reassuring....and reassuring to know we'll all just start up again (times vary but we're all going back)...
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:27 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyrene View Post
Very funny, chickybird.
Metaquick is like the yellow menu very restrictive-it's shakes or bar for breakfast and lunch(of course HNS) and for dinner it's 4oz protein, vegetable
(4oz cooked or 8oz raw and your starch. Only 2 days(7 days max in a months time)Fill up on the water as usual. It sort of jump starts your system back, the center recommends it when you hit a plateau. Hope that helps, we need all the help we can get. sexyrene
So can you only do 2 days in a row? You can't do 4 days in a row and then the other 3 later in the month? Or all 7 days at once? Is there a certain number of days you need to put between your Metaquick days and other days before you do Metaquick again? (of course up to 7 days total) I think I may try this.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:58 PM   #15  

MRC said just 2 days in a row and then back on your regular menu.
I won't be going to my center until Thursday but I will ask to be sure.
sexyrene