Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 10:13 AM   #1  
Losin It For GOOD!

Default Feeling like crap

Hi Girls,
sorry to start my own whining thread, but I wanted to make sure all of you knew what was up with me since I've sorta been floating around but not saying much, and some of you have sent me PM's asking where I am.

As most of you know, I was on vacation Thurs thru Sunday. We had a GREAT time, but it was very tiring. I also managed to get excruciatingly dehydrated, even though I was drinking about 2 gallons of water a day. It was incredibly hot and humid, and you really couldn't keep up with the water that was just pouring out of your body. I also got REALLY tired, and did a LOT of driving and a LOT of walking around. For some reason that I really don't understand, I also managed to gain about 15 lbs of water weight. I guess my body was conserving it or something.. part of the dehydration I suppose. My fingers swelled up to the point that my wedding rings were cutting off circulation to my finger, but I couldn't get them off. My shoes didn't fit, my face swelled up, it was all very odd, and I've never experienced anything quite like it before.

Yesterday I lost 10 lbs. Yes, 10. We are talking 10 lbs in 24 hours. Now granted, that is all the water weight I have gained, but that goes to show you what's going on. And losing water like that is not a fun experience at all. It really drains you. (ha!) at least my fingers are not so swollen, but my ankles still look like rhinos.

Then, last night I got in a horrible fight with my sister, and then I tried to explain something to Greg that I was kinda upset about, and he just didn't listen or apologize. I ended up crying for about 3 hours, which didn't do much to help my hydration balance.

So I'm generally feeling miserable. My parents have asked us not to get a new dog until they are settled, which is a bummer, and we still haven't heard from the landlord about whether or not we can get a new dog. In the meantime, Oreo spent the weekend with my parents, and she seems to want to go back there now... so everything is very hard, and I'm just feeling rejected by the world right now.

As far as eating goes, I haven't been eating much of anything since I got back, probably because of all the water I'm drinking. When I can manage to convince myself I'm hungry, the only things I can get close to my mouth without feeling nauseous aren't the best choices, but I figure I need to eat something, so I try to get down what I can.

SO, as you can tell, I'm a pretty miserable human right now. I'm not going to WW tonight to weigh in, because I KNOW I'm still up from all the water, and seeing the number in my book will just make me cry, and I'm tired of crying. I look like I got sucker punched in both eyes right now they are so puffy and swollen.

So anyway, how are you all doing?? I hope you are all doing better then me!

Love,
Old 08-06-2002, 10:27 AM   #2  

Aw, Beth Anne, it sounds like you've had such a rough go at it! It certainly seems like when it rains, it pours! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts... I hope things return to normal SOON, & you are feeling 100% again!

BIG HUGS!
Old 08-06-2002, 10:44 AM   #3  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Sorry to hear that you are feeling so bummed right now. My body has been going all wonky because of the heat too. Just think in a month or so it will be nice and cool all the time and you won't have to worry about swelling up from dehydration. I am always invigorated in the fall. I think it goes back to starting school in September. It always feels like a brand new year in September. So much happens then. Summer is winding down and I think a lot of us are feeling kind of blue. You can only take this kind of heat for so long. It is really nice here today, in the 70's and I imagine you are having similar weather. Get outside and enjoy the cool air. You can actually be in the sun without sweating all the time. Go for a walk in this great weather, listen to your favourite tunes, that'll make you feel better.
Old 08-06-2002, 10:57 AM   #4  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Oh Beth Anne... you poor thing! I hope you feel better real soon!!!
As we always say: this too shall pass.

Get some rest,

Dana
Old 08-06-2002, 11:09 AM   #5  

Beth Anne,
Keep your chin up! Get some rest, and you'll be feeling better in no time! You are in my thoughts! Take care.

Denise
Old 08-06-2002, 03:20 PM   #6  

Wow Beth Anne, I feel so bad for you right now. If I wern't so far away, I would lend you my shoulder to lean on! I hope writing all that down helps, it does when I'm upset.

If you need to chat about anything, feel free to pm me and we can talk. I'm sure that goes for everyone here as well.

Again, keep your chin up and get some much needed rest.

Bella23
Old 08-06-2002, 07:40 PM   #7  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

BethAnne...I'm so sorry that life is not great right now It's true...bad things seem to happen in threes. So, with that rule in mind, your "spell of crap" (as my teenaged son so indelicately puts it) should be over.

Hang in there!
Old 08-06-2002, 09:50 PM   #8  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Beth Anne}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Old 08-06-2002, 10:26 PM   #9  

Bethanne,

Big hugs for you! I''m sorry you're feeling so rotten! The water weight must be so uncomfortable. I'm also sorry that you had a fight with your sister and a misunderstanding with your husband. You've had a very rough time!

Treat yourself very nicely, get some rest, and I hope you feel much better soon.

Hugs,
Sherry
Old 08-07-2002, 09:08 AM   #10  

How are you feeling today? Has the water problem gone away? You may want to see a doctor. I've never heard of someone drinking 2 gallons of water and then retaining it like that. Must have been painful.

Seems like you've been on an emotional roller coaster for awhile now. Hope things calm down for you.

Closed Thread