Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-26-2009, 10:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Two Week Challenge - December 26th- January 8th

Ok Guys.... I have been on this site for a very long time and I always love coming back here. That being said, I personally have been an absolute failure to losing weight.

I always hovered around 150ish until December 19th, 1999. I had level 3 cancer with signs of level 4. I had a hysterectomy and have been cancer free for 10 years... Woo-Hoo

Unfortunately, after the surgery the weight started coming. I met my now husband on July 1st, 2000 and at that point I was up to 172#.

We married on May 3rd, 2003 and I walked down the isle at 203#s. My mother told me 30 minutes before I was to walk down the isle that I would have made a beautiful bride 50#s lighter... OUCH!

Since being married I have gained another 30-40 pounds with my highest weight being 242#s. Currently I am right about 232# I have been bouncing between 220-240 for awhile.

I know that part of it is my hormones. But I also know a major part is just me. I work way too much in a lot of stress. I am a real estate agent and you know where the market has been so financially I have been harmed. My husband's company closed 2 years ago and he came on board in my business full time. (No stress there I am now trying desperately to help people sell their homes before they are foreclosed on (short sale). I am blessed in that I am very good at it and I get so much out of helping people when they are in need.

So high stress, bad eating, bad sleep patterns, little exercise make for a girl that is overweight and not healthy. It has to change. That switch in my brain has to flip....

I am trying for little goals to reach the big goal.

I have a cruise in two weeks and would like to lose before then. I orginally had a goal of 20#s before the cruise... now that is highly unlikely. I have lost about 2#s and I have had one excuse after another.

So I am currently at 232#. I would like to lose 7-10 pounds by the cruise.

Things I am doing.....

1) I purchased a GoWear Fit armband..(by bodymedia) It monitors your steps, calories burned, sleep patterns, etc. I have been wearing it for about a week now and wow is it eye opening. The big thing is that it is making me aware of things now that I was ignoring before. For example - I apparently only sleep in two hour increments (wonder why I am tired???) I am not walking as much as I thought, and my resting BMR is only 77 calories per hour... not the 120 calories that I had estimated before...

2) I purchased Wii and Wii Fit... It is actually fun and is a workout. I have learned that I have been doing some yoga moves wrong for a really long time.

3) I had purchased Nutrisystem at the beginning of the year and was actually doing pretty good at first and then fell off.... so I have about a months worth still left. I am going to eat this for the next two weeks until the cruise and then decide what to do from there.

I would love to have some partners in my mini challenge. I am thinking two week chunks are easier to handle than looking at the 100+ pounds I am staring at.

Any takers....
Angel26519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 01:02 AM   #2  
Has Guts and Gumption

S/C/G: 175 lbs / 175 lbs / 120 lbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel26519 View Post

1) I purchased a GoWear Fit armband..(by bodymedia) It monitors your steps, calories burned, sleep patterns, etc. I have been wearing it for about a week now and wow is it eye opening. The big thing is that it is making me aware of things now that I was ignoring before. For example - I apparently only sleep in two hour increments (wonder why I am tired???) I am not walking as much as I thought, and my resting BMR is only 77 calories per hour... not the 120 calories that I had estimated before...

2) I purchased Wii and Wii Fit... It is actually fun and is a workout. I have learned that I have been doing some yoga moves wrong for a really long time.

3) I had purchased Nutrisystem at the beginning of the year and was actually doing pretty good at first and then fell off.... so I have about a months worth still left. I am going to eat this for the next two weeks until the cruise and then decide what to do from there.

I would love to have some partners in my mini challenge. I am thinking two week chunks are easier to handle than looking at the 100+ pounds I am staring at.

Any takers....

Count me in, Angel. I just love your optimism and your courage as a cancer survivor. I would LOVE, just love, to be your partner. I have to lose about 55 lbs, and am taking it in two week chunks, too. My son turns one 5 months from today and I want to look good at his first birthday party!

What I'm doing:

1. Modified South Beach diet. I'm vegetarian and still nursing DS, although not full time. I cook for the family but do double helpings of vegetables and soup for me to eat.

2. Exercise. I walk a lot but it's obviously not enough (since I've gained 5 lbs despite walking every day since last month!). So I'm going to start cardio, especially elliptical and stair master. I have membership at the Y! and I am going to go every single day to lose this weight.

3. I don't watch work out videos, but I do watch a lot of the Biggest Loser episodes on Hulu. It's a HUGE motivation for me and it drives me more. I battle with depression off and on but I need to do this. For myself, for my family and for my poor husband who hasn't said a word about how his wife ballooned from 123 lbs on our wedding day to 175 lbs today. He does not deserve a fat chick for a wife. He deserves the girl he married - who was 52 lbs lighter!

Oh, yes, please do count me in. BTW, how does the Nutri System work? Is it really as effective as the infomercials claim? Or is that a dumb question?
Gayatri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 01:42 PM   #3  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 215/215/150

Height: 5'5"

Ok ladies Im a day late coming into this but Im In as well!! I just back on the weight loss wagon today so Im hoping for 5lbs in two weeks... I figure its not too high and not too low.. Surely doable! Im currently 215 and have about 65lbs to go to be happy with my weight!

What I am doing:

Well starting today I am cutting out some of the carbs that seem to be attaching to my hips everytime I turn around. WATER WATER WATER!

I got a wii fit plus for Christmas so I started that this am as well... Started at 30min of activities and I burned 134 calories. (I was using my MIL wii fit before but slacked big time)

So thats my start anyway... Here we go ladies we WILL do it!
hcprincessrogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:28 PM   #4  

Awesome!!! I am really excited that you guys have joined me... let's do it.

I havent worked out yet today but I am planning on hopping on the Wii in about 30 minutes.

I am definetely needing to do the water thing more. So that is going to be one of my goals.

I am lucky that the cruise I am going on has a Flowrider, ice skating rink, boxing rink, rock climbing wall, etc. so I am hopeful that I can at least maintain any weight loss that I have before I leave....

Two Week Chunks sounds doable to me. So I am really glad for the company.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:26 PM   #5  
The Final Frontier

S/C/G: 156/148/126

Height: 5 6'

Angel - good on you, love the way you're breaking it down into little steps - am sure it's the key to success.
Count me in, I've just been eating for the last week and looking forward to joining you on this.
bridietogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 155/150/125

Height: 5'4"

I'm in as well! I like the idea of getting a head start on the 2010 New Year's resolution!

My eating has been meh today, but I got a whole bunch of healthy groceries, so the arsenal is stocked for the coming week! I also swam laps for 30 minutes this afternoon, and I'm still basking in the (albeit small) glory of that achievement.

Good luck, guys! Looking forward to being a thinner me in two weeks!
ATgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:16 PM   #7  

Welcome!!!!

Ok I worked out with the Wii Fit tonight. I did a custom workout where I combined activities and that really did challenge me. I know there have been a few people that have said that they dont get a big workout. I felt it....

I worked out for 1.08 hours and burned 367 calories. I thought that was pretty good and trust me at times I was ready for it to end..

My eating is still a little high at about 1940 calories today (my goal is 1600 calories). This is the 1st time I have ever really counted calories and am starting to see how badly I was off on my estimations....

Water wise only had about 4 glasses so far so I am going to try to get at least a couple of more in....

How are you guys doing today?

I am interested in what keeps you guys motivated? Motivation has in the past been a hard one for me that I am learning to find.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 155/150/125

I find it hard to stay motivated too...especially for longer than a few days.

I have wanted to lose this weight for many years, but right now I'm using the very tangible future bridesmaid role as my motivation. The wedding is many months away, but I know how quickly the time can go when you're munching on donuts (I love donuts...is that so wrong??). My friend (the bride) has not asked me to lose weight, and I'm sure she couldn't care less one way or the other, so the motivation is purely for my own benefit. For once it would be nice to look great in some photos!
ATgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/145

I'm in for the challenge, TOM showed up today so it's a good time for me to really get my head in there and stay totally committed and on track! I'd like to see a 6 pound loss in the next 2 weeks but that's pretty big so I'll go with 4 pounds

I'm going to focus on:

Drinking 8+ glasses of water a day
Cutting out all other liquid, especially the beer, lol
I'm going to maintain at least 6 hours of exercise per week

Today was better than the last 3 days or so... I was doing so well until Thursday! It's been since then since I've gotten a workout in too- I've got the alarm set for 6:30am to do 3 miles with Leslie Sansone, then 30 minutes of resistance training with Gilad!
bensempress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/145

By the way, I'm sure I'm up from 201.3 due to the last 3 days or so--- but I'm not weighing in again until Thursday the 31st so I'm hoping to have maintained if anything... 4 pounds might be tough from the weight I've got documented right now, lol!

We'll see what happens.
bensempress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:28 PM   #11  

Hi everyone!

How are we doing???? I worked out for a little over 30 minutes yesterday which I had hoped for more but was really tired.

Did ok on the food also. Still not getting to 1600 calories - more like 1900... so I have to work on this more....

I did get about 8 cups of water in so that is pretty good for me.

How are you doing?
Old 12-29-2009, 07:32 PM   #12  

BTW - I posted yesterday and just realized it didnt show up....

I welcomed you Bensempress... and really proud of you for cutting out }beer...especially with new years...

AT Girl - A wedding is good motivation! Go Girl!!!! 30minutes of laps in the pool is Awesome!!!!

Bridie - you have been doing great on your weight loss journey! What have you been doing?

HC Princess & Gayatri - How are you doing???

Last edited by Angel26519; 12-29-2009 at 07:36 PM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 12-29-2009, 09:05 PM   #13  

Wow, great to see your progress.

Keep us updated. Good luck on reaching 1st Cruise.
SilverShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:45 PM   #14  

Thanks Silver... I am trying!

Feeling really and hungry and really tired today... I am not sure what is up!
Old 01-01-2010, 07:10 AM   #15  

I hope everyone had a Great New Years Eve.

I didnt work out yesterday. I am doing better with the sleep thing and I did go buy the Gold's Gym workout on the Wii so...

It is 7am on Jan 1st. I am about to workout and will know if I lost any weight when on get on the Wii. I will post it then.

Food is so-so. I am trying to finish all my unfinished projects of 2009. I am getting there....

Have a great day! Have a Great and Happy 2010. Claim it as your year!