UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202.5/189/120

Height: 5'2

Default Christmas

How does christmas affect your weight loss? My dad makes a fabulous dinner with all the trimmings; Turkey, pigs in blankets, two types of stuffing, carrots sprouts, butternut squash, red and white cabbage, roast potatoes and parsnip. Didn't quite manage chirstmas pud (with a generous helping of brandy butter), will save that for another day. It's been good on the diet i am doing now, but in past years all diets have gone out the window on christmas day. Do you cook youself a special diet friendly christmas dinner or do you have a day off once a year?
roobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

This year was my first Christmas on serious plan (admittedly, December has been a bit of a write-off as I went to the gym about 4 times between my exams and dissertation proposal deadline) and I just gave myself off. I think it would annoy people to have me picking and not eating properly. These last few days I have been bloated as anything, but it was definitely worth it! And I weighed in at 202lbs this morning, so I'm pretty cheery about it.

Christmas only comes once a year, and it's the only time we get yummy pigs in blankets and trifle!
yossarianlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/150/145

Height: 5'7"

I'm so close to my goal that I really didn't want to throw it all out of the window, which is what I felt would happen if I started scoffing in December. I'm low-carbing and although I had a fairly big dinner on Christmas day, I didn't have anything too carby, just a tiny bit of stuffing and some chestnuts but despite my efforts, I've been hungry for the last couple of days and I guess I'm going to be hungry tomorrow as well, roll on Tuesday.
Trudiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/175

Height: 5"5

I counted the calories as usual including treats. Over the 6 days I haven't gone over my weekly allowance by that much. Still have today to get through and weigh in tomorrow - my final weigh-in of the year
keira74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudiha View Post
I'm low-carbing and although I had a fairly big dinner on Christmas day, I didn't have anything too carby.
Same here. I had salmon (don`t eat meat) and veggies, but no potatoes and parsnip. Starter of melon, pudding was ice cream. I did not feel deprived at all, nor did I feel I have blown it. I probably had much more than I should have had, but I managed to adhere to my no one rule, which is no carbs at dinner.
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 286/157 (briefly) 170-180ish

Height: 5"9

I had total blow out...starting Christmas eve, well a bit bad the day before also.
I am low to no carbs as well, so this will affect me badly. But I suppose It is just 3 days of food food food, and the main thing is that as of yesterday, i am back to being good!!
I don't suppose that from a psychological view point it is very healthy, as for me it was utter descent back in to bad habits, that I have been working so hard to change for the past year. I do think I said no a bit more often than I would have done in the past though!
Ellie R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:43 PM   #7  

This was my first Christmas following the Paul McKenna principles and I even amazed myself by the lack of cr*p I consumed :-)
Walkloss is offline   Reply With Quote