The Maintenance Library books, articles, and book discussions

Old 12-22-2009, 10:50 AM   #1  
Meg

Default The Men's Health/Women's Health Big Book Of Exercises

Last edited by Meg; 12-13-2016 at 06:46 PM.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 147/121/118

Height: 5'4

I know this is an old thread - did you get one in the end? I got a copy and I'm working on the Bikini-Ready Workout, but I've had to do some modifications as I don't have some of the equipment needed. I'm only on the second day of doing these (so three days in so far) and combining it with Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred, which I've nearly completed.

As for the book in general, it seems quite good - it wasn't quite what I was hoping for, in that it doesn't give you totally exhaustive instructions on how to make sure your form is perfect, and I really could have used a 'total beginners' section where they spell out what everything means, but other than that it's decent. 4/5 I'd say! Mind you, better to score it properly at the end of my bikini workout!

Oh yeah, I don't go much on the diet advice in here either. 1) I don't know why it's even in here, because it's not a diet book, and 2) it seems to be a less extreme version of Atkins, because it basically tells you to avoid carbs - or at least, that's the impression I got from a quick skim-read through.
Belease is offline   Reply With Quote