Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 12-21-2009, 01:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Default My 1st Mini Goal

So after doing a quick BMI calculation, I found I am now just under the range of morbidly obese and am now in the category of obese. It's a strange mini goal, I know. But I worked for it, so I'm going to take the victories where I can get them. When I first made the decision to take control of my nutrition and exercise a few months ago, I jokingly said to my brother "Yeah, I'm taking it in small steps right now. I've let everything get so out of hand that the most realistic goal right now is to get DOWN to obese." We both laughed a great deal at the time. But now I've decided to put it in the "win" category. Count it!
ALH289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #2  
Low carber :)

S/C/G: 223/212/size 6

Height: 64 inches

Congratulations!!!!!!! I don't think that was a strange mini goal at all. I have a mini goal to move from obese to overweight on fitday. Here is to mini goals!!!
thinnerbyjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:02 PM   #3  
Losing weight since 2009

S/C/G: 310/138/132

Height: 5'7

Definitely count it, it's a huge first victory! It makes me sooooo happy to say "I'm no longer morbidly obese." Losing weight can be really difficult and it's so important to celebrate each victory, big or small! Congrats & keep up the great work!
Gracie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:57 AM   #4  
Weigh Down Yonder

YAY - good for you - you're right to celebrate - you worked for it, you earned it, you deserve it!

The other great thing about celebrating a mini goal is that it propels you towards the next one - success breeds success - you know you can do it because you've done it!

Thanks for sharing - it's fun to celebrate with you - keep up the good work - we'll all be here to cheer you on !

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/170/135

Height: 5"1

That is very cool! Good for you and it is not weird at all.
TinaMedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/144 and maintaining

Height: 5'9

You better believe I counted that when I got there lol! Theres NOTHING wrong with that

You worked hard for it!
jkinboston89 is offline   Reply With Quote