Old 12-21-2009, 12:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/217/180

Height: 5'9"

Default Has anybody tried Walden Farms products while on this program?

On another site someone mentioned Walden Farms. Me-always looking for anything that will make this change a bit easier checked out the site. Lo and behold they have all kinds of sugar free and carb free syrups, salad dressings, bbq sauces the list is endless. I would love to use some of the salad dressings as the salad spritzers are boring me a bit. I looked through their list and it already has my wheels turning. The bbq sauce would be great on chicken and marinara would be awesome for my "spaghetti."

Has anybody slipped any of these into your MRC program? If you did, has it altered your weight loss negatively? I thought about asking the advisors but everything I ask about it's no you can't have that.

Any thoughts?
harlow grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/191/140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlow grey View Post
On another site someone mentioned Walden Farms. Me-always looking for anything that will make this change a bit easier checked out the site. Lo and behold they have all kinds of sugar free and carb free syrups, salad dressings, bbq sauces the list is endless. I would love to use some of the salad dressings as the salad spritzers are boring me a bit. I looked through their list and it already has my wheels turning. The bbq sauce would be great on chicken and marinara would be awesome for my "spaghetti."

Has anybody slipped any of these into your MRC program? If you did, has it altered your weight loss negatively? I thought about asking the advisors but everything I ask about it's no you can't have that.

Any thoughts?
My center said we could use the Walden Farms dressings. They recommended them. I got one and did not like it. You can also buy them at Drug Emporium if you have one of those. I purchased the blue cheese dressing.
not going to give up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 313/Going down/175

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

Any thoughts?
Hi.

I like the Walden Farms Italian Dressing. I use it on Salad and marinate chicken breasts in it. My MRC recommended it at Food Instruction.
nepeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:32 PM   #4  
Melissa

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I say give it a shot - but I will say I like the spritzers much better than most of their dressings on salads. I have used the dressings, but do not particularly like many of them.
Creamy Bacon (starts out tasting good, but hard to eat very much and starts to taste kinda funny after a few bites)
Oriental Dressing is good for chicken & veggie stirfry,
Coleslaw is a bit much by itself: I mix a small amount into the dressing I make with MRC mayo, vinegar, lemon juice, canola oil & mustard powder
Pancake syrup is yummy on french toast and MRC pancakes.
I ordered the Mayo and the Peanut Butter - both have a strange consistancy, but the peanut butter is good with celery or on toast.
I use the mayo mixed with tuna or chicken for salad, because I like my chicken salad moist, and 1 or 2 tsp of MRC mayo just doesn't cut it for 4 oz of meat!

I have not noticed a difference in my weight loss, so far I am still losing and not gaining - so that's a good thing. I think anything that helps keep us on program without adding calories, fats or carbs is a good thing. Just be mindful of the amount of sodium in servings - that is about the only negative.
MrsBenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:30 PM   #5  

Default Walden Farms

I really like the honey mustard dressing. I've also tried the ranch and blue cheese, and they are just ok. I would like to try the mayo and the cocktail sauce -- would like a review if anyone out there has tried them. My center also recommended Walden Farms products. I found a fairly large selection at Walmart.
fun2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 242/169/166

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

Any thoughts?
Hi Harlow,

I use the WF products fairly regularly. I like the spicy BBQ sauce the very best of those I've tried and use it regularly with chicken. I have used several of their salad dressings too. I prefer these over the spritzers myself. The balsamic is good as well as the honey mustard. I bought some of the peanut spread (haven't tried it) and did just order their mayo on the internet as I couldn't find it in any of our local stores. I find most of their product at Fred Meyer out here. I haven't encountered a problem with my losses either. Hope you and the others enjoy them.

Have a good OP week....! Happy Holidays
Keiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:34 PM   #7  

I'd like to thank you all for answering my post and providing such helpful information. I am going to try to search locally for Waldon Products and see what I can find. Thanks again!
Old 12-23-2009, 01:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Do you have to count the BBQ sauce as anything? that sounds like it would be really good on Chicken.
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:22 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEEZOOGIRL View Post
Do you have to count the BBQ sauce as anything? that sounds like it would be really good on Chicken.
I checked at my center here in Nebraska. They said I could use the salad dressings and the marinades--not the bbq sauces or syrups or mayo etc. But looka here. She is not the boss of me!

I am going to try a little of the bbq sauce. (Of course I didn't admit that to her...) She did say to be careful with Walden products, even though the have no sugar and carbs, they are high in sodium. Just like other posters have said.

I figure I am downing 11-14 glasses of water a day so maybe some of that sodium will get flushed out. Also, I don't intend to use it every day either. Maybe if I make a batch of chicken (2-3) servings I will use it on that and nothing else.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 313/Going down/175

Quote:
I checked at my center here in Nebraska. They said I could use the salad dressings and the marinades--not the bbq sauces or syrups or mayo etc. But looka here. She is not the boss of me!

I am going to try a little of the bbq sauce. (Of course I didn't admit that to her...) She did say to be careful with Walden products, even though the have no sugar and carbs, they are high in sodium. Just like other posters have said.

I figure I am downing 11-14 glasses of water a day so maybe some of that sodium will get flushed out. Also, I don't intend to use it every day either. Maybe if I make a batch of chicken (2-3) servings I will use it on that and nothing else.
Harlow,
I buy the salad dressing at Hyvee in Lincoln. I'm not sure if they have the other items or not.
nepeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:42 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 242/169/166

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

I prefer the spicy over the regular bbq sauce just in case you find it near you. The sodium = 210 mg per serv; 2 T.
Keiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 198/154/135

I love these salad dressings. The honey mustard is my favorite.
Sandrac is offline   Reply With Quote