Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 12-16-2009, 07:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Default Texas Roadhouse = impending doom

So my college roommate is having her 30th birthday this weekend. I can't be there Saturday to celebrate, so I'm driving up to take her to lunch at the restaurant of her choosing.

She chose Texas Roadhouse. It was our FAVORITE place back in college, and I still love it. But I haven't been there in about two years because it's so hard to find something GOOD to eat.

The bread....the butter....the fried everything...so yummy yet will totally throw me off course - particularly since my husband and I have TWO family Christmases, complete with dinners, on Saturday and Sunday.

I know this place doesn't release calorie information,and I'm worried. I think I can get something OK there...but I HATE not knowing what I'm eating!!!
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:07 AM   #2  
Meg

Sounds like quite a weekend! This sure is a challenging time of year.

Try to stick with something that you already have a fairly good idea of the calories. Usually a small steak and salad is a pretty good choice, if you tell them to leave butter off the steak and have the dressing on the side. Decide what you're going to order before you get there and just focus on having fun with your friend, and it will all be fine.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

It might help to take a look at Colton's nutrition info. They serve the same kinds of food. Of course it won't be totally accurate, but it should give you a pretty good idea.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:30 AM   #4  
Chuggin' along...

Ditto what Meg said. Don't go to the restaurant starving, and you'll be able to make good choices. Good luck!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:06 AM   #5  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Height: 5'2"

The Daily Plate has some nutritional info posted for Texas Roadhouse:
http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutriti...xas-roadhouse/

It may not be their official stats, but at least it's something.
MBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:13 AM   #6  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Mindi, I would recommend looking at their menu online in advance and selecting what you are going to order at a time when you are not hungry and can think clearly. Then when you actually get to the restaurant, you already know what you are planning to order and you just have to stick to the plan.

A quick glance at one of their menus looks to me like you could get grilled salmon or a bunch of veggie sides, which will still probably have butter and salt but be less caloric than the other options.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Can't do salmon...just gross to me....considering a salad with grilled chicken, with dressing on the side....I think I can do it!!!
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

They have chili on the menu. Chili (without the sour cream/cheese topping) is usually a pretty safe bet for me.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote