Old 12-15-2009, 07:44 AM   #1  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Glad I overate...lessons learned

I made it through Thanksgiving, but could not make it through my husband's birthday! LOL! I think it's because I'm so busy at Thanksgiving that I don't have time to eat.

Yesterday, I was starving the entire day. It was just one of those days. When I got home from work, I nibbled while making my snack. Not good. Then we went out to eat and I ate about half what I once would have, but still more than I should. And then there was cake! LOL! I estimate I ate 400 calories more yesterday than I should have. It wasn't horrible by any means. But...

1. I felt guilty and that's just stupid.

2. I felt sick by evening! I was horribly bloated.

3. I guess I'm not used to the sugar anymore because it just made me feel light headed and blah.

Basically, it wasn't worth it. I'll remember this feeling the next time. I'm glad to be back on target today.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:24 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Sounds like you've learned some very valuable lessons.

Unfortunately for me, I occasionally have to RE-learn them.

But less and less. I've said this a zillion times. It's no hardship or burden to adhere to a healthy lifestyle. It feels marvelous!

It DOES feel good though to be back on plan. Ahhh. Relief.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:09 AM   #3  
Losing weight since 2009

S/C/G: 310/138/132

Height: 5'7

Good post topic, especially since I just experienced this too. Last Wednesday I had a 'mini-binge' on junk food (probably around 500 calories mostly on cheetos/cookies). Eating that junk pushed me into a downward spiral. The high sodium, preservatives, artificial flavors, and all around junkiness messed me up (both mentally and physically). Since I hadn’t really eaten unhealthy foods in a LONG time (months & months), what I did eat did not set well and I felt the effects for days.

It’s was real shocker seeing the effect unhealthy food has on me now, I felt bloated, lethargic, and overall horrible. While it sucked feeling miserable, it did teach me a valuable lesson...junk food just ain’t worth the pain!
Gracie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:49 AM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

It's interesting how when you're in a pattern of eating junk, your body gets accustomed to it and you don't feel sick at all. And then you start eating better, and suddenly the junk makes you feel just awful. Or maybe you just get used to feeling awful all the time. I don't know which.

Interesting too, today I am not starving! Maybe I needed a few more calories yesterday. But I could have taken them in through broccoli or other fibrous foods that my bowels seem to need right now. My body didn't need cake, or worse, chips with nacho cheese! LOL! The cake I planned for....the chips were just wrong.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
It's interesting how when you're in a pattern of eating junk, your body gets accustomed to it and you don't feel sick at all. And then you start eating better, and suddenly the junk makes you feel just awful. Or maybe you just get used to feeling awful all the time. I don't know which.
I know, isn't that crazy?
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:13 PM   #6  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

I like how you used this as a lesson learned and not an opportunity to berate yourself.

Re: the junk food. I too wonder if we were just walking around feeling badly all the time.
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:48 PM   #7  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

Sorry ya felt like crap but glad ya figured things out!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:32 AM   #8  
hot. like a curry.

S/C/G: 308/248/150ish

Height: 5'4"

This has happened to me more times than I can count on all my body parts.

But once I got through the guilt and self-flagellation, I realized that more than anything unhealthy food just makes me feel bad physically. It's a painful reminder, but a good one none the less.

Here's to you for getting back on the horse!
gloo is offline   Reply With Quote