Old 12-14-2009, 12:36 AM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Weekly Chat - Monday, December 14, 2009 to Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sorry I've been such a bad friend these last couple of days. Here are some new pages.

I've got JC in the morning, lunch, and then a LONG hair appointment tomorrow.

I didn't wrap a single package today. It looks like I won't get to wrap until Wednesday because of Monday and Tuesday errands. It's just that time of year.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm coming over to this thread. Sandra and I both started new ones without noticing that Vickie had started one first.

Anybody else?

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks! I love how you all started the week's posts! I saw it this afternoon, but I waited to post to see which one we should use. I'll stay here if that's where everyone will be posting. I'm counting the days 'til break now. Only four more!!!!

Maryann, your trip does not sound too bad. Will you take a book along or listen to a book on tape? If so, I would like to recommend The Help. I listened to it and really liked it. It has gotten a lot of good reviews.

Sandra, we need to "core up" your muffin recipes. They really sounded yummy!

Rhonda, enjoy your last few days in Canada! I hope Santa knows that you will be in Texas this year!

Vickie, how did your busy day go?

It's getting late, so I'd better get off here. Night, night everyone!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:08 AM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

We are all TOO cute! I can't stay. I'm about to get on the treadmill. Then I have to go babysit and errands. I hope this is the last of my errands this week so that I can finally wrap. No I didn't do it the other day and that was a big mistake! So I have the PA at the Nephrologist's office tomorrow and then I should be able to get my wrapping done. Boy this is a busy time of the year, isn't it?

Hang in there Rhonda.

Mary Ann, will you be able to post while you are away? We'd miss you!

Sandra, I missed the muffins. I'll have to go back and look at them.

See you later chicks!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:24 AM   #5  

Oh yes, Santa knows that I'll be in Texas. Don't worry about that. I sent my letter months ago!!

All is well. I have gained only about a pound with all this celebrating. I'm trying to enjoy myself while being a bit modest in my consumption. NOT EASY!

Have a great OP day everyone.

Rhonda
Old 12-15-2009, 10:06 AM   #6  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Up early so I decided to get on the computer before my busy day starts.
Nothing new,except I can't believe but I lost another 1.5 this week at W-I.Now I out of the 170's again,will try not to over eat when at my DD's for 2.5 weeks.

VICKIE-I usually wrap my gifts the last minute also but I had to do it head of time since I leaving on the Monday before Christmas.Sorry I won't be on the computer until I get back home,my DD & SIL use it for there business.

SLOANIE-I will take my knitting and a couple of books for the ride down on the bus.I think right after we leave Providence RI they put a movie on until we reach NY. So I will be busy some way or other.

RHONDA-I didn't see your thread only Vickie's so I came here in the first place. Hope you have a wonderful & safe trip to Texas and that Santa knows your are there.

Have a great morning and I try to come back some time this afternoon.

Last edited by beach bum; 12-15-2009 at 10:07 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:30 AM   #7  

Congrats, Maryann!

I asked the moderators to close the other threads, and they did.

Thanks to them!

Rhonda
Old 12-15-2009, 02:13 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

I'm here. I just now got back online and saw about the thread duplications. Thank you Vickie for starting us, and thank you, Cuz, for getting us all on the same page.

Maryann, you are astonishing, woman. Congratulations on your weightloss.

Rhonda, congrats to you, too, for celebrating in moderation. You're fantastic.

Vickie, I'm wrapping this evening. I'm soooooo behind.

Today we've been finalizing plans for our family get together. Looks like Dec. 23 at Olive Garden then on to my son's for gift exchanging. I'm getting excited.

Sloan, our family that's at Ft. Campbell are going to watch Montana University (Griz) play Villanova at Chattanooga this weekend. (National Championship) We're glad they're getting to go. I know they miss Montana and this will give them a tadbit of Montana just by being at the game.

Got to go. We're running errands (paying taxes). We're in amazingly good moods considering.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:24 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

Paid taxes. Now I'm off program. Will I ever get over the need for decadent comfort foods?
Old 12-15-2009, 04:47 PM   #10  

Hi:

Probably not, Cuz! But you will, and probably do, indulge less. Get back OP, NOW!

I had lunch out: salad and grilled chicken. Tonight, steak and salad. But, tonight, I'll have to sip the drinks. My friend likes his booze...oh, have another!

Sandy, come to Denton on the afternoon of the 25th???? If not, we will soon have LOTS of time....good Lord willing, and the creek don't rise!

Vicki and Maryann: You're shopping, already

Bye all,
Rhonda
Old 12-15-2009, 07:02 PM   #11  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, thank you for the invitation. We'll see what we can do. And you're right, if we can't, we will definitely be getting together. (Right now, I'm living with Scrooge. He isn't handling paying taxes very well.)

Have a good time tonight. Sip slowly.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:23 PM   #12  

Hey chicks! Not a good eating day for me. One of my classes had a little party today, and I ate too many cookies!

Sandra, I live with Scrooge, too (minus the taxes)! For our first Christmas as a married couple, I got DH a stocking that said "Bah Humbug". He has gotten better over the years, but still does not love Christmas.

Maryann, we will miss you while you are gone. Don't forget that we'll all be thinking about you and praying for you. I have not bought one single gift, yet.

Vickie, you are right. It is a very busy time of year. Don't get too rushed,though. Take time to enjoy the season and time with your family.

Rhonda, I'm glad ole Santa will be able to find you. Smart girl sending your letter early. How did the party go? I think I may indulge in a glass of wine later, myself.

Only three more days until Christmas vacation! I'm still trying to dig out from all of the paperwork, though. Tonight I have to make a study guide for an exam. Guess I'd better get busy! TTFN
Old 12-15-2009, 07:33 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

Sloan, we love our scrooges, don't we. Okay, did you have sugar cookies with icing? That was always my favorite at school parties.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:19 AM   #14  

Sandra, yes, we do love our Scrooges! As for the sugar cookies, we did have some sad store bought ones with sugar sprinkles. It's funny that you say that, though. Every Christmas I am on the hunt for a sugar cookie recipe that tastes like the ones that I had when I was a child. I try a new one every year, but I still have not found that special one! I have not made any this year. Maybe next week.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:16 AM   #15  

Good Morning All:

So, I had Steak Frites last night. I joked with my friend that Texans would think it was steak and fried potatoes because few have had REAL Steak Frites. Oh, what the French can do with beef and potatoes is just marvelous.
And, the satin smooth martini was good too.

I'll be good today, and I've been to spinning this morning. That's my last class here in Toronto until I come back to visit. I will really miss my spinning instructors, especially the one who does Wednesday and Sunday classes. She is so sweet, and so tough on the bike. She told me she would really miss me and that I had been an inspiration to a lot of people there. Imagine! What a compliment that was.

I've got running around to do today, and work at the office, of course.

BBL,
Rhonda