Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-08-2009, 07:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Default I Could Use Some Reassurances...

It's blizzard-ing out there. It's less than ten degrees all day, and into the negatives at night. It's windy, it's cold, and there is over a foot of snow on the ground.

And it's the first days of one of the worst TOM I've ever had.

Suffice to say, TOM is making me ravenous for food, healthy and un-healthy alike.
And snow, chill, and TOM symptoms are keeping me from feeling remotely motivated enough to leave my only passably warm dorm room to trek in the freezing cold and go to the fitlab for my daily exercise routine.

TOM has made me gain 3lbs of...whatever weight that is.

I'm depressed, cold, in pain, and miserable...and feeling like a total loser for overindulging the last couple days, and missing my workouts.

Does anyone else just have weeks like this, that are AWFUL for your weight loss journeying?
Shifterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

im right there with ya, sister..

tryin to get through the LAST days of one of the worst TOMs ive ever had.. so i can assure you that you WILL get through it and you WILL feel better!

i haven't been doing so hot food-wise either.. the important thing is that we recognize it and use all the strength we can muster up to not overeat at the next meal.. im just taking it one day at a time. sometimes one minute at a time. just remember: don't give up what you want most for what you want now.

hang in there!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:06 PM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I don't know what its' like to not be ravenous around TOM. I absolutely hate that it makes me sometimes lose sight of my goal. Actually, I still keep my goal in mind, but it is a MAJOR struggle to maintain sanity and stay on course. Some things that help me: chewing gum and lots of it, crunching on celery, doing dancing around the house (I put on good songs on youtube and it helps me drift into a world where I imagine myself looking hot and being a good dancer! , sipping on hot tea calms my nerves, doing things that are good for me such as using a nice scrub on my face and moisturizing really well, doing my nails, going online and reading here at 3fc.

That said, it still is sometimes an out of control situation, but I also try to do lots of visualization. Try to imagine how you will feel when you get on the scale tomorrow after you have resisted the various temptations. Could you do a workout dvd? Those can help when the weather is too horrific to tread through.

Seriously, do hang in there....you will get out of this funk and you will feel better soon.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:45 PM   #4  
On my way to Skinny!

S/C/G: SW220/150-160GW

Height: 5'5

I havent had TOM in a while because the birth control i was using was weird..but i went off of it, so just waiting and waiting...and since its been a while i'm sure its not going to be to plesent!!! But food wise...I've not been making very good decisions...except for today I put myself in control. Just think to yourself, is it worth it??
mateosmama2005 is offline   Reply With Quote