Announcements and Forum Help! Requests for help, suggestions, and information. Also includes important Forum Announcements.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:20 AM   #1  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Default PM is gone!

and I don't know where it is...I have followed the directions from Suzanne under the topics of this forum. When I go to User CP... I do not see any options for PM. Opppsie! Where did it go?

I also tried logging in and out.

Any other suggestions?

Cathy
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:31 AM   #2  

Click on the person's user ID you want to send the PM to. There you should have the option to send a PM.

To check your PM's, look in the upper left-hand corner of your screen, where it says "Welcome cathydoe." There, you'll see the time of your last visit and a link to Private Messages.
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:32 AM   #3  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

4myself
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by 4myself
Add 4myself to Your Buddy List

No PM options
Old 12-01-2009, 11:28 AM   #4  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathydoe View Post
4myself
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by 4myself
Add 4myself to Your Buddy List

No PM options
You might have disabled your pm options.

Go to edit options in user profile, and then go to
private messaging. Check the box that enables it. It's the 3rd box down on mine.

Quote:
Use Invisible Mode
Invisible mode allows you to browse the forums without appearing in the 'Currently Active Users' lists.
Use Invisible Mode
Allow vCard Download
You may choose to allow other users to download a vCard containing your email address and username.

If you want to keep your email address private, do not allow vCard downloads.
Allow vCard Download

Messaging & Notification
Receive Email
From time to time, the administrators may want to send you email notices.

If you do not want to receive these notices, disable this option.
Receive Email from Administrators
Default Thread Subscription Mode
When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
Default Thread Subscription Mode:
Private Messaging
This forum features a private messaging system, which allows members to send messages to one another privately.

If you do not want to send or receive private messages, you may disable the private messaging system.
Enable Private Messaging

You may limit the receipt of private messages to just moderators and those on your buddy list. Other members who attempt to send messages to you will be told that you have disabled private messaging.
Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators

The forum can send a message to your email address to inform you when someone sends you a private message.
Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages

If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message.
Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up

Thread Display Options

Last edited by Mercy03; 12-01-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Mercy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:32 PM   #5  
it's always something

Cathy, we had a serious problem recently with new members signing up so they could send PM spam to other members, so we had to make a change to the usergroup permissions. Now new members (junior members) cannot PM at all. The account promotes to Senior Member after 20 days and 20 posts, which will let you PM. You probably had PMs before, because we just changed the system a few days ago and the change was automatic for all members. You signed up 20 days ago today, so your account will switch over soon. The system updates every hour so it tracks it to exactly 20 days from when you signed up down to the time.

I'm sorry for the trouble Darned spammers ruin it for the rest of us!
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:45 PM   #6  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

Ah thank you...you are right...I did have it and then I didn't... thank u for clarifying!

Cathy