Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-01-2009, 10:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/136/128

Height: 5'6

Default Is this normal?

Just curious to see if anyone out there has had the same experience... for the past two months or so, I've had a weird weight loss schedule. I'll stay the same for three weeks, and then drop 5 lbs one week. For example, I was stuck at 180 for a three weeks, and then the week after TOM, dropped five pounds. Then i was stuck at 175 for a few weeks, then again, week after TOM, dropped to 170.

I understand TOM can cause water retention, but for the whole month? I'm thinking it has to do with something else.
alexandraT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:19 AM   #2  

It is normal. As you lose weight, your body has to make adjustments. You could eat the same thing every day for a month and not have consistent weight loss. I love 2-3 pounds, then something less than a pound, then nothing for 3 weeks.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:21 AM   #3  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Totally normal. I started a thread here a few days ago asking people to talk about their weight loss patterns. If you read through that thread you'll see a lot of people (including me) have a pattern very much like yours. Good luck!

ETA: here is the thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...-patterns.html

Last edited by carter; 12-01-2009 at 10:21 AM.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:25 AM   #4  

Height: 5'1''

I to fluctuate like that. I can be loosing, loosing, loosing, and then all of a sudden I can't loose anything for up to a month sometimes! It gets frustrating for me because I like to see the numbers drop, it is motivating and when I dont' loose for a while it is harder for me to stay on track.

Part of it could be TOM but I don't think that is all of it. Keep trying and stay positive. Maybe your body is trying to tell you something?! Good luck!
club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/136/128

Height: 5'6

Thanks everyone! Makes me feel better that it's not so strange... it still bums me out though b/c not seeing a loss for three weeks can be really, really discouraging...
alexandraT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:14 AM   #6  

When we were gaining, we never were disappointed in the weeks the scale didn't go up...just know you are doing the right thing and it will show up.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

That's exactly how I lost weight the last 6 months I was trying. No losses during the month, and the week after TOM it ALL came off. It got really hard when trying to find my maintenance calories. At the start of the month I'd up my calories, then have to wait 'til after my TOM to see if I was still losing. I lost an extra 15-20 pounds trying to get there...
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote