Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 12-01-2009, 07:30 AM   #1  

Default sunflower seeds

What a wonderful little snack they are. I buy the Frito Lay name brand. They have 100 calories for the whole package and it takes a while to eat a whole package.

They help that craving for something salty. You can get the low-sodium kind if you have blood pressure problems, etc. They even have barbq and ranch flavored ones. I usually stick with the regular ones.

They are high in vitamin E so they have antiinflammatory and cardiovascular benefits! woohoo!!!!!!!!

I really think I am addicted to these little things. My daughter who is 12 also loves them!

Last edited by Violet73; 12-01-2009 at 07:30 AM.
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:40 AM   #2  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

I work at a gas station and I'm surrounded by junk food... so whenever I start feeling like I'm about to die if I don't put something sweet or salty in my mouth... I grab those!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:54 AM   #3  
TimeForAChange

S/C/G: 202/202/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey starfishkitty.. (sister) lol I'm just letting you know that i admire what you have been doing for the past year or so. You've completly changed your life and health around and i only with i can do so! It's harder and more challenging for me but i hope that once i get out of the house and in college and by myself i can join a gym and push myself farther and harder. I will have the right tools to do so also. hehe

I want to be so deticated like you are to your healthy life and your motavation to get up and work out so often. It's really hard for me and it hurts my self-esteem & confidence a little. I wanna go to a gym 3-4 times a week.. i don't wanna give in to my temptions for a salt/fatteningly sweet snack. :| Love you and i support you! <3

~HannahBoo~
HannahBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:01 PM   #4  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Hey Hannah... That's what big sister's are for, as I said in the PM I sent you back.

It's not easy doing what we ladies here at 3FC do... in fact, there's so many amazing people here that do things I wish I could and are way way WAY more dedicated than I am yet! I can only aspire...

However.... I've found that all of this starts with baby steps sometimes, especially when you don't have the ability to be in control of your diet completely like you are right now. Little things like these sunflower seeds....

Maybe when you go to school, I'll go with you the first weekend or week and we'll do your initial grocery shopping and we'll eat together and you can get the hang of eating right and shopping right too!! Ah, the future waits... Not far now!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:42 PM   #5  

hannah and amanda...that is so sweet! hannah, sunflower seeds rock! they absolutely help with those salty cravings
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:56 AM   #6  
TimeForAChange

S/C/G: 202/202/140

Height: 5'5"

I know! I can't wait to do that with you! It will be an awesome sisterly adventure together! I always love spending time with you.. (No pressure) but I look up to you! Love yah! Mmm..sunflower seeds really do sound delicious right now!
HannahBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote