Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-28-2009, 06:50 PM   #1  
Blogger: Watergirl1

S/C/G: 206/194/180

Height: 5'11"

Default Water, water everywhere!

Hello dieters, I would just like to tell you about a blog I'm writing about my experience of drinking just water - no other drinks - alongside my healthy(ish) diet. It's at watergirl1.blogspot.com if you'd like to check it out.

Have any of you guys ditched alcohol or tea/coffee to lose weight? And if so, did it work?
LittleMissScoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:02 PM   #2  
Striving 4 better health!

S/C/G: 186/155/140

Height: 5'3"

I don't drink soda. The only thing I drink is water and one cup of coffee a day. I can't really give up my coffee completely, but I do try to limit it to one cup a day usually. I only drink alchohol rarely, mainly because I don't want the added calories. When I do its usually just a cup of wine.
heather1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:06 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Since I barely drank my calories as it were- nope- didn't make a difference to my weight loss.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

I have a few smoothies a week but they are very thick and actually filling, more like food. Other than that, I just have water and a little bit of unsweetened (so calorie-free) tea. I actually only know how to manage things that way. Otherwise I feel like I have to eat more to be full, so it seems like I'd lose weight faster for no reason. Not worth it for me!
megwini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:24 AM   #5  
Blogger: Watergirl1

S/C/G: 206/194/180

Height: 5'11"

Yep I know what you mean about feeling full, I have been drinking hot water with lemon when I fancy a warm drink, once or twice a day. I do feel better for ditching caffeine although I still crave it every now and again. Have only had 1 coffee in 5 weeks, plus a decaff coffee, which I'm not really counting as a break from water! I'm only doing this for 2 more weeks but will defo keep up with the caffeine ban.
LittleMissScoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 274 / 216 / 150

Height: 5'6"

I used to be a very heavy caffeine drinker. Three weeks ago I went cold turkey and switched to water. I also started eating healthier and going to a gym regularly so I can't speak on how much water effected my weight - but after the caffeine headaches went away I felt so much better. When I'm not exercising though, I rarely crave water. In between meals I'll sometimes add one of those Ocean Spray no sugar half packages to a glass of water so there's flavor, and it helps tricking my body into feeling a little more full.
Smiller264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:24 PM   #7  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

On rare occasions, I'll drink a soy decaf latte (small), but I did give up Diet Coke. I used to have it once a day and I think once I stopped drinking it, I didn't have as many sugar cravings as when I was having it. I don't say no to anything, but most of the time, I'm drinking either water or herbal tea.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:41 AM   #8  

I don't drink coffee at all and am really trying to drink as much water as possible. I hate sugary soda but occasionally will have a diet. Water does do wonders for losing weight however.
steffiross33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:48 PM   #9  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

I used to always drink water even when out for dinner but I slowly started drinking soda again then thats all i was drinking and I also started drinking coffee once I started college. I'm cutting out soda completely (cause that also makes my face breakout) and trying to limit my coffee and Ive actually been drinking decaf tea just because I like having something warm to drink in the morning. I feel like I have a harder time now drinking water then before, almost like I have to force it down but I guess over time it will get easier
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 08:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 124/119/110

Height: 5'4"

If I drink a lot of coffee, it decreases my appetite, but I mean A LOT of coffee to the point where I am jittery.

My regular routine is 1 coffee in AM followed by 2-3 small teas the rest of the day. Plus regular water in between.
DogMomNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I never drank much alcohol, and have not ditched tea or coffee for weight reasons - although I have to be very careful of caffeine or I don't sleep well.

But ditching Diet Coke is important for me. It makes junky food taste good (junk doesn't go so well with water), and it makes me eat more and faster.

When I'm in a place where I can have a single can or smallish glass about once a month or so, I'm good with it. But when I'm buying those giant deals and guzzling all day, it's a sure thing food isn't going well either.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:05 PM   #12  
Short dresses here I come

S/C/G: 157/122/130

Height: 5ft6

¬_¬ Oh dear~
I have three-four decaffs a day, but I don't drink alcohol or soda, sooo, yah ^_^
VeeDeValentine is offline   Reply With Quote