Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-23-2009, 10:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Height: 5'6"

Default New Here..you all seem lovely :)

Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking around for a while and decided I need to get an account. You all seem so supportive of each other and this seems like such a positive place to be!

Basically..to make a long story short..I was a obese child who turned into an anorexic adolescent and then alternated between starving and binging all through high school and college, my highest weight being 190. I've lost the same 50lbs about 5 times. I had finally gotten my life under control 2 years ago when I broke up with my long term live in boyfriend. This sent me into the worst stage yet..Bulimia. I'd dabbled in it before but this was serious. I've been in recovery for 6 months but still have a long way to go. I've never really eaten 'normally' so it's a whole new process for me, binging is pretty much all I've ever known. I'm looking forward to joining the binge free challenges!

Thank you for all the helpful words I've read already
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Welcome! You're right, this is a very supportive place. I'd check out the weekly binge-free challenge thread, I find it really helps to get support and see other people who struggle with it every day.

I don't know about you, but I don't have anyone in my real life who I can talk to about this, so this forum is so important as it's my only outlet, and it's the only place where there are others who understand what I'm dealing with.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:40 AM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Welcome LisaTCan! I think this forum is the absolute best I have ever found! You don't have to do this alone anymore. Whenever you want to binge, come here and it will help you get yourself grounded. I have found so much support and it has made me feel like I'm not the only who struggles with this on a minute by minute basis....there isn't a minute when I"m not thinking about food.

I really recommend finding a "diet." For me, it's calorie counting and keeping a food journal. It's also important to figure out your triggers. I have food triggers and emotional triggers and just knowing what they are and avoiding the food triggers helps a lot. It's not possible to avoid emotional triggers, but just knowing how you feel and what moments lead me to tend to binge helps to put me on high alert and, thus, helps me control it better than before I was doing this.

Anyway, it's nice to "meet" you!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:06 PM   #4  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

Height: 5'6"

Just jump right in!

Last edited by EsperanzaBella82; 11-24-2009 at 01:06 PM.
EsperanzaBella82 is offline   Reply With Quote