Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-22-2009, 02:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

Exclamation I NEED YOU! need change!

I have been counting calories. And I was at about 1300 and I have been closer to 1500 all week. I have gained. I need to change something. I NEED YOUR HELP!

What plan are you on and why would you suggest it??

Any ideas for me?? It has been weeks since I have seen a loss. Only gain! 5 lbs.

[My day is 1500 cals pretty even fat/carb/protien. I get about 3 long walks (4 miles) in a week. I am not very active and I have the time to change anything!!]

PLEASE!!
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:41 PM   #2  

First thing you are going to have to do is up your exercise. Your calories are okay. You need exercise of some sort 6 days a week, at least 30 minutes a day. You calories should be about 40-50% carbs, 20-25% fat and 25-30% protein. Eat an abundance of fruits and vegetables, 2 servings of dairy, 3-4 servings of whole grains and 6-8 ounces of protein and you should do well. Keep about 100 calories each day for a treat. I have been a member of WW since 1971 and it has helped me and many others reach our goals. I exercise 45 minutes a day, 6 days a week, and I'm 68 years old. If you are sure what to eat or how to calculate servings, go to www.mypyramid.com and check it out. Good luck.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 148/143/120

Height: 5'0"

Have you tried cycling your calories? I was doing that sort of without realizing there was a method to it, when I was just counting calories and using the same amount every day, with the exception of one "cheat" day per week. Then once I joined 3FC I saw someone mention calorie cycling and realized it's an actual plan. I can't post links cause I haven't been a member long enough, but if you google "calorie cycling" one of the first ones that comes up should be freedieting.com. You can use the calorie calculator there and it will give you a cycle schedule.

You use the same amount of calories overall in a week, but the number per day varies, so your body doesn't get used to it. I personally am using the extreme fat loss numbers out of the 3 options it gives.

As a bonus I've found it's made planning meals easier/more interesting, since I'm not limited to the same number every day - on the higher cal days I can include some foods that just didn't work on the same every day low cal plan.
untamed is offline   Reply With Quote