Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 10:58 PM   #1  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Default August Featherweights

Welcome to August ladies...

I'm looking forward to the month because its when we take our vacation to Nova Scotia...about a week and a half now!
I plan on doing lots of hiking as well as attending folk dances (bagpipes, here we come) so exercize will not be a problem.

It'll be a good thing because I'm stuck at 208 again. *sigh*

As of Friday I will have gotten rid of the cat that insists on peeing in the clean laundry--she's taking a nice little ride to the pound. She'll make a great barn cat, but I just can't stand her peeing in the house any longer. The littlest insisted on replacing the cat immediately, so we now have a VERY talkative half siamese black and white cat (she looks like a Holstein cow). We are now deciding on a name for the new cat who is very affectionate and snuggly.
Old 08-03-2002, 11:30 PM   #2  
The Rockinghorse Gal

So, where is everyone? I hope you are all enjoying the summer and not sweltering too badly...the weather is hot and muggy here, but after freezing to death all last winter, the heat is not nearly as bad.

I'm finishing up the final project for my online org psych class--I can't wait for the blasted class to be over! It was a royal pain, but it is a degree requirement, so I'm glad to get rid of it.
If you want to know the truth, I'm really much more interested in packing for our trip to Nova Scotia seven days from now.
Old 08-05-2002, 10:24 AM   #3  
Fit and Feisty

Hi Kat,

I am still here! Sorry about your experience with the kitty. Hope a new owner has better luck with it. Was it a male? They are famous for marking everything as their territory.

My new Chihuahua pups are just about completely paper trained, no thanks to me. I just supply the "wee wee pads" and they go on them. They also understand when I bring them outside what they are supposed to do.

Hope you have a great time in Nova Scotia. I went to Halifax three years ago on a cruise and just loved it although I was there only for a day.

carree
Old 08-05-2002, 11:56 PM   #4  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Actually, she was "Pee Girl". I tried for well over a year to train her and had no luck. I finally got fed up with pee in my clean laundry (if I wanted pee in it I would bloody well pee on it myself!)
and I have to say I don't really miss her at all.

We still haven't named the new cat yet but Gateway is one proposal...
Old 08-08-2002, 10:56 PM   #5  
The Rockinghorse Gal

As of Sunday I'm off to Nova Scotia and will be gone for a week or so--I think it'll be SO much fun...

The new kitty is doing fine, though I need to de-flea her tomorrow. I don't want to come home to fleas-r-us.
What are the rest of you up to? I'll bet those puppies are adorable, btw.
Old 08-11-2002, 07:33 AM   #6  
Fit and Feisty

Well, Kat, I hope you are having a wonderful time in Nova Scotia!

Okay, so where is everyone else?

Love,
carree
Old 08-11-2002, 10:37 AM   #7  

Hey girls, hope you are all ok.

I'm still around also. Just has a hectic time with school the last few weeks. Algebra was getting the best of me, but actually, it was the teacher. He wasn't a very good one. I managed a B. I think he actually through out the final test grade and gave us our grade up to that point. I was so stressed during the final that I was crying half way through it. I'd studied hot and heavy for over a week, and the problems didn't resemble anything in the book!!! I swear there were problems that no one was able to answer. I think he probably made mistakes on them when he wrote them, and they wouldn't work out right.

With the stress of school, I've gained some wait. A few of the clothes that I bought while on vacation in June are snug across the chest. Time to do something about it!!

A friend and I are going away for a few days next week. We are going to Fredricksburg, Texas. It's a little German town north west of San Antonio. I'm going to see my great uncle, but while we are there we will spend a day at the antique shops. The town is really lovely, many of the buildings are made of stone.

KAT, I hope you are having fun!! Have you registered for the fall semester yet. I've got 15 hours scheduled. My GPA is 3.9, guess that is as close to a 4.0 that you can get without having one!!

CARREE, hope you're having a fun summer.

Talk to ya'll later.

Ruth
Old 08-15-2002, 05:53 PM   #8  
Fit and Feisty

Default Jana, where are you?

Just bumping this up so we're not on the second page!!!
Old 08-20-2002, 07:59 AM   #9  

Morning ladies, I'm back from my small vacation. Had a wonderful time. Hope everything is fine with you!

Ruth
Old 08-22-2002, 06:05 PM   #10  
Fit and Feisty

Well, gang, I am keeping busy with two new puppies. Never had puppies before...lots of work...but worth it!

Joined an At Work WW meeting! Thought it would be kind of strange to go to WW with people I work with, but you know what? It's no big deal. More people have weight problems than do not.

Keep cool,
carree
Old 08-28-2002, 06:10 PM   #11  
Fit and Feisty

Default It's almost September!

Just popping in to report a 2.2 lb. loss on my first week At Work! Hope to hear from you all very soon.
Old 08-29-2002, 12:36 AM   #12  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Default Vacation photos

Hi ladies--long time no see.

I made up for being in summer school all summer long by taking a wonderful trip uo to Nova Scotia...I'm in LOVE with the place.
Photo link below. School is back in session again so I'm back to the crazy-busy way of life and will pop in as often as I can. I did get a 4.0 for my summer courses, btw.

Congrats on the drop, Carree!!!!!

click here--->My virtual vacation photo album<-------click here
Old 08-29-2002, 09:48 AM   #13  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Ooops...that photo link appears to be cookie-dependent.
Here is the valid link:

------->Actual Nova Scotia pics...it takes a few minutes to load the page <--------

(they are thumbnails...if you want to see them without eyestrain, click the pic in question. I'm actually in a few!)
Old 08-30-2002, 04:04 PM   #14  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Hi guys,

I'm going to go ahead and start a September thread.
Closed Thread