Old 11-19-2009, 08:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/149/135

Height: 5'2

Default peanut butter

hey,
How do you guys do peanut butter, ive been on ww for nearly two months now and have gone without peanut butter because it is 5 pts for 2 tbls! (or similarly for calorie people its nearly 200 cals for 2 tbls!) ahhh, i miss it soo much but on 20 points a day i can literally not afford 5 points on one spread-- please advise me!!
segras04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/203/175

Height: 5'6"

I feel your pain - I love peanut butter very much. I buy light peanut butter for the (marginal) calorie savings, and limit my intake to a tablespoon at a time - you can make a half peanut butter sandwich with only one tablespoon. I can fit it in, but not very much, and not very often.
Supernatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/186/149 (mini: 179)

Height: 5'5

I LOVE peanut butter...both as a yummy food AND as a go-to healthy food. I can't speak to the WW points, because I count calories, but I just rationalize that even though it's high in calories and fat, it's healthy fat and lots of good protein. Plus I only eat natural peanut butter - the kind that has two things on the ingredients list: peanuts and salt.

Since you're doing WW, you should definitely stick to your points limit...but once you can fit it into your limit, just remember that peanut butter is a great filling, nutritional food - regardless of calories and fat.
angee phalangee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:42 PM   #4  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

I eat peanut butter on a whole wheat English muffin just about every day - I find that it keeps me full longer than any other breakfast (and I love it so much!). If I have cereal or eggs or something else, I usually wind up having another snack, so I figure I might as well just eat the peanut butter anyways
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 154/149/135

Height: 5'2

omg now all i can think about is peanut butter, i am being obsessive, i can literally eat it by the spoonful, thats all i want right now!!
segras04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/186/149 (mini: 179)

Height: 5'5

That's how I get when there's something I "can't" have. That's why I never put anything on my off-limits list.

Sooo, my suggestion to you is to have some peanut butter. Whatever WW says - such as if they say 2 tbsp is 5 points - just eat a fraction of it. (Try to stick to natural peanut butter.) If you just put a little on a few crackers or on a sandwich, it's typically much less than a whole serving. 1 tbsp of peanut butter goes a LONG way. So that's my advice...just use a little bit when you get that craving, and then you'll probably save yourself from those obsessive cravings.
angee phalangee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

yeah I've been craving a PB & J sandwhich for like a week now. But it just isn't worth the points to me. I use reduced sugar jelly and 1 point bread, but I don't find it particularly filling. I have to eat at least 2 sandwiches, and then my points are all gone! So I've resisted.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:26 PM   #8  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

I make pb&j sandwiches on those 100-calorie sandwich rounds and only use 1 tablespoon (actually I use unsalted raw almond butter but it's basically the same) plus 1tbsp jelly, and that's only 250 calories, which is like half a nutritious lunch, so I add an apple a yogurt and maybe a piece of dark chocolate and then suddenly it's worth using the points/calories bc it's an entire meal, not just a 200-cal snack.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:29 PM   #9  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

You can have Peanut Butter; but here's my trick ... I buy a bag of baby carrots and I cut them in half and in half again (depending on size) to make nice fat carrot sticks. I put 1 tbl All-Natural Peanut Butter on a small plate with about 12-16 of these mini-carrot sticks, and dip them in the PB and there's my good, healthy, and very yummy snack ...

Like others have said peanut butter is actually a good food: it has essential B & E vitamins, plus magnesium, calcium, protein and other vitamins in it, so it is also a good fat; you can have Peanut Butter as your good fat for the day. Most experts recommend 1-2 tbl of good fat daily.

Be sure to buy All-Natural Peanut Butter which has only peanuts in it; no sugar, no salt, no additives, and non-hydrogenated which preserves the vitamin E and linoleic acid in it too; you must store it in the fridge. Before I do that though, I pour off the excess oil on top to bring the calories down a bit too; you can use that for something else or toss it. There is still plenty of oil left in it, but it will be even thicker.

PS ~ yes, and like FORESTROAD, I have peanut butter on a small wg bagel for breakfast 2 times a week; or on wg bread for lunch. Weight Watcher's wg bread is only 50 calories a slice; put 1 tbl on that and you have a 150 calorie snack; or use 2 slices and you have a 200 calorie sandwich.

Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-19-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Oh my gosh... no one's mentioned Better 'n Peanut Butter yet! This stuff ROCKS; it kicks peanut butter cravings, it's all natural, and it's 2 points for a 2 tablespoon serving. And it really does taste good. It's good in PBJs, and, if no one's looking, I eat it with a spoon. I use it to make peanut sauces in stir fry, too.

If you can find this, it's definitely worth trying!

http://www.betternpeanutbutter.com/
JMC885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMC885 View Post
Oh my gosh... no one's mentioned Better 'n Peanut Butter yet! This stuff ROCKS; it kicks peanut butter cravings, it's all natural, and it's 2 points for a 2 tablespoon serving. And it really does taste good. It's good in PBJs, and, if no one's looking, I eat it with a spoon. I use it to make peanut sauces in stir fry, too.

If you can find this, it's definitely worth trying!

http://www.betternpeanutbutter.com/

***OH MY GOSH YES!!!*** This stuff is AWESOME!!! I found it at Trader Joe's and it's really really good. Only 100cal & 2.5g of fat for 2Tbsp...and like someone else said, 1Tbs is actually enough for 2 slices of bread...
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:41 PM   #12  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

its something i just accept the calories for or dont have. I hate the light peanut butters because all the ones i can find here taste sweet So i just have "real" peanut butter or none at all.
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:02 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 246/See Tracker/145

Height: 5'7"

Have you seen Justin's 100 calorie Peanut Butter packs? They are 2 WW points, and they are delicious. You can buy them at http://www.justinspeanutbutter.com
daisy5819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #14  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Wow, I was in the grocery store about an hour ago looking at the peanut butter and wishing I could eat it. I'm doing WW too, and I can eat 26 pts a day...but it STILL seems like it's too many points for me to want...I just avoid it for the most part =/
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:51 PM   #15  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I love peanut butter. Its on my "things I can't do without" list.

I usually just don't use 2 tablespoons of it, and I use the light peanut butter.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote