Old 11-19-2009, 02:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/198/140

Height: 5'5"

Default PCOS/Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue

Hi! I'm new here. I've read quite a few posts and not sure if anyone has posted about this topic before. I just started OP last Friday (11-13) and I'm wondering if anyone else has PCOS, Fibromyalgia or Chronic Fatigue. If so I was wondering if you have seen an improvement of your symptoms while OP. Thanks for your help!
Secretgrl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:36 PM   #2  

I have PCOS. I'm off the crazy expensive birth control and haven't had a problem with it yet. I'm still waiting for my t.o.m. but so far so good. No crazy hormone outbreaks and I don't seem to be mood swinging.

My obgyn said one I lost around 30 lbs it would help a lot. Good luck to you!
NotaFatBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:30 PM   #3  

Thanks for the reply!
Old 11-22-2009, 05:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 238/228/135

I have fibro. At first all was weel, but then about week 2, I had a really bad episode. My dr thinks it is the extra protein, lack of carbs, and the adjustments that my body has made. It has slowly improved though. I know it will help when I get extra weight off, but it has been slower going for me.
teachingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:55 PM   #5  

I have been on the program a short amount of time and have felt my fibro and chronic fatigue are slowly starting to improve. Many of the foods my Dr. wanted me to avoid because they cause inflammation are eliminated on this diet. Hopefully things will continue to improve.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:57 AM   #6  
Diet Diva

S/C/G: 281.5/(see ticker)/140

Height: 5'3"

I have PCOS and have noticed my symptoms improve dramatically while OP. I used to have terrible periods that would hurt horribly and last for more than 2 weeks (sometimes even longer). I had Anthrosis Nigricans all over my body and had developed many of the insulin resistance traits that go along with PCOS. My Anthrosis Nigricans is nearly gone and my cycles have basically returned to normal. It's wonderful! I feel like a more balanced person and I have eating OP to thank for that. I'm down 65 lbs in 5 and a half months and very thankful for finding this program.

I would encourage anyone with PCOS to do this program. I would definitely talk to your dr and make sure it is something that would benefit you (and I would also hesitate to take the progesterone cream until you've asked your dr about it b/c girls with PCOS have such wonky hormones anyway it's best not to artificially mess with it unless your dr thinks it's okay.)

Best of luck to everyone!
ekidwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:33 PM   #7  
Doing it the healthy way!

S/C/G: 264/ticker/155

Height: 5'9'

I am new to all this, so I am wondering what "OP" stands for? It is probably a silly question, but I also have been diagnosed with PCOS, so the more info the better
kimmermarie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:08 AM   #8  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmermarie19 View Post
I am new to all this, so I am wondering what "OP" stands for? It is probably a silly question, but I also have been diagnosed with PCOS, so the more info the better
On Plan...
learning2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:49 AM   #9  
Doing it the healthy way!

S/C/G: 264/ticker/155

Height: 5'9'

That was what I was kind of thinking....but I wanted to make sure I wasn't completely off kilter Thanks so much!
kimmermarie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:38 PM   #10  
Im bringing SEXY back!!!!

S/C/G: 285.5/259.5/150

Height: 4'11 (Man Im Short)

Ive just started i have PCOS and my dr thinks this program will help me so i can have a little one!!! I hope so
motengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:51 AM   #11  
Bunnynicula

S/C/G: 298.5/273.4/150

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by motengirl View Post
Ive just started i have PCOS and my dr thinks this program will help me so i can have a little one!!! I hope so
Hi and welcome! I also have PCOS and an hoping to have children, I have a long way to go..but hopefully we can be sucessful at this!
Bunnynicula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/199/160

Height: 5'6

I have fibro and have noticed a great improvement in my symptoms. Getting off the extra weight is one of the best treatments. Good luck!
gerdes9195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:01 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekidwell View Post
I have PCOS and have noticed my symptoms improve dramatically while OP. I used to have terrible periods that would hurt horribly and last for more than 2 weeks (sometimes even longer). I had Anthrosis Nigricans all over my body and had developed many of the insulin resistance traits that go along with PCOS. My Anthrosis Nigricans is nearly gone and my cycles have basically returned to normal. It's wonderful! I feel like a more balanced person and I have eating OP to thank for that. I'm down 65 lbs in 5 and a half months and very thankful for finding this program.

I would encourage anyone with PCOS to do this program. I would definitely talk to your dr and make sure it is something that would benefit you (and I would also hesitate to take the progesterone cream until you've asked your dr about it b/c girls with PCOS have such wonky hormones anyway it's best not to artificially mess with it unless your dr thinks it's okay.)

Best of luck to everyone!
I'm glad to hear your symptoms have improved. My Dr. has put me on progesterone in the past and it has not helped. I'm hoping once I get under 200 maybe I will see an improvement. Take care.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:03 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerdes9195 View Post
I have fibro and have noticed a great improvement in my symptoms. Getting off the extra weight is one of the best treatments. Good luck!
Glad to hear you've seen such improvement in your symptoms! I feel my fibro has become worse lately. I have an appt. to see a fibro Dr. tomorrow so hopefully he can help. Do you take an medications or supplements that have helped? Thanks!
Old 03-01-2010, 02:05 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnynicula View Post
Hi and welcome! I also have PCOS and an hoping to have children, I have a long way to go..but hopefully we can be sucessful at this!
I was diagnosed with PCOS as a teenager and was told I would never be able to have children. Well...I have an amazing 7 year old! I'm hoping this program will help us have another child in the future. I would really like to avoid having to take fertility drugs.