Old 11-18-2009, 05:56 PM   #1  
On the way down!

S/C/G: 226/ticker/150

Height: 5'10.75

Default Weightloss and dealing with male attention

Hey All,
So, I haven't hit my goal yet but I've lost enough that I look somewhat different...anyways, in this experience I have realized that at my new size, I get a lot more attention from guys. That being said, I'm never really sure how to go about doing things. I've been the fat friend for so long that I often freak if I get chatted up or hit on and eyes direct straight to the ground because he's not into me...I'm fat. Anyways, I was wondering how/if you all had to deal/ do deal with this? Oh, and if you aren't into the male segment, does this happen with women you encounter?
redliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:06 PM   #2  

This is a great question. I've always struggled with getting male attention. Even before I gained weight, I never knew how to handle it! I was actually in a situation last night where I was getting attention from some guys and I acted like a jerk. I had NO IDEA what to do. I think it just takes time to become comfortable and confident in a new body.
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I have no real answers. I can tell you that getting male attention becomes more comfortable (or at least it has for me) over time. Last December I just got all worked up over a (very nice looking) man telling me how nice I looked in my jeans and asked me which brand they were. LOL. Now when men hit on me I just chalk it up to what it is. I am flattered but try to remember how most men treated me when I was obese.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 11-18-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:28 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Just enjoy it- smile and nod and enjoy the compliments and attention Over time it gets easier!

Now if the dude's a creep tell him to back off!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:20 PM   #5  
Without the guilt

S/C/G: 182/179/144

Height: 5'6

All I can say is be yourself. The natural way you are with friends and family, or the natural you. And, if you like telling jokes- tell jokes, if you like a conversation with substance try and spark one up. I agree that the more encounters you have the more comfortable and confident you will become. But, if you like the next guy that's "chatting you up", I'd suggest subtle flirting (slight lean in, eye contact, shoulder touching when you actually think something he said is funny...etc)...it won't hurt...it should be fun
Eating What I Crave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:55 PM   #6  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Enjoy it! You'll get used to it - I haven't yet, but I am getting more comfortable. It just takes time.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:24 AM   #7  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I haven't had an issue with this since I have a bf (who I've had since before I gained most of the weight)...but I'm curious to hear other people's answers...lol
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

It's nice to get that sort of attention, enjoy it! You deserve it at any weight though. Definitely watch out for the creepies like beerab said, and there will ALWAYS be another guy interested in you so you can afford to be choosy!
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote