Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 12:17 PM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home Mom's #56

Welcome!!

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor, as we share our lives, restore our health,lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!! Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #55 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.
Ginny
Old 07-31-2002, 12:21 PM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Just another quick hello. I hope that our newcomers, Tami and Karen make it over here from the previous thread. I just have a hard time keeping track of a thread when it gets too long. Bear or little brain here!

One quick note- Spryng has started up a new challenge to lose 5 # by August 15. I will join her- I have a family picnic and my Ds and her family are coming in that week and I would surely like to be a bit thinner by then. Thanks for challenging us, Spryng! Anyone else to join us?

Gotta go check up on Dd............we are then off to a really primative lake a few miles from here to fish and hike. See ya later!
Ginny (sorry this is so short and no personal replies)
Old 07-31-2002, 02:47 PM   #3  

Smile Thanks for the welcome!

Thanks to everyone for such a warm welcome! It might take me a little while to get everyone's names straight so please bear with me!!!

I don't have much time to write a lot now but I wanted to jump at the chance to accept Spryng's 5lb challenge!! I'm game!

I'll try to hop on later and write more!

Tami

P.S. I think I saw someone else here from WI...where in Wisconsin are you??
Old 07-31-2002, 06:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
First I want to stop right here and say CONGRATS to mel on her loss!! That is so motivating to hear!! You are really doing great and it's getting contagious! And what a great workout you got today I didn't get on yesterday and haven't yet today. My eating hasn't been too bad but hasn't been great either. No gain, no loss.
SOmebody asked me about eating the fruit. I'm not on a fruit diet but I did try Fit For Life which encourages eating only fruit until noon because it really helps your system digest everything thats in it and gives it a kick for the rest of the day. Well I didn't stick with FFL, but I am still eating only fruit until noon this week. I feel better when I do it. The strange thing is this exercising is really changing my body. My size 8 jeans are actually loose on me today and I've gained weight, not lost. Weird huh? Not that I'm complaining. I'm very happy when my body responds to something postive like exercise.
Anyway, thanks for all who joined my 5 # challenge. I really think we can do it. I've just got to get back on that bike!!
Jackie I asked about your arm workout because my recumbant bike has built in handle bar things that you move up and down for a upper body workout. I really like them and my upper back has really trimmed up.
Well, guess I'll get off here. Oh one more thing. My dd has an appointment Aug 28 to have her hernia corected through surgery for all who knew she was having probelms. It's really stuck out there today so we ran her to the doctor and he finally saw it and made a surgery date. I'm a little scared but all in all I think she will be just fine.
G'nite!
Old 07-31-2002, 07:55 PM   #5  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!!!!!
First of all, Melissa, I think I started this thread while you were posting on the old one!! Sorry about that!!!!!!! Good for you on losing and being so motivated!!!!
Tami- no problem with getting all the names straight. I get confused a lot myself... for a while we had so many newcomers I could not keep track of it all. Just stop in and say hello anytime you like.

Spryng- I will most definatetly (sp- brain dead mother syndrome) keep you and Dd in prayer with regards to the hernia surgery. I am sure that all will go well, they would not recommend the procedure if it was not necessary. But it is tough to think that your sweet little one will be in the hospital. My youngest Dd is going to need a test soon herself for reflux, which I pray she has outgrown. If not, she too will need surgery and a week in the hospital.

Ok, gotta scoot!!!!! I hope to get back here later and address from the previous thread. Have a great nite!
Ginny
Old 08-01-2002, 08:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Everyone!

I thought I'd "sneak" on the 'puter before the entire troop wakes up in my house. I had a hard time getting here this a.m. though! Between this old computer being at a snails pace & my DH laptop not accepting me to post @ 3FC's for some dumb reason, I had to throw my hands up in the air for awhile. I think that my ds turned the cookies off on my dh 'puter & this is why it doesn't want to accept me posting anymore. Oh well, I'm here now!! First of all: I'd like to answer Tami's question. I live less than an hour away from Milwaukee. Where do you live? This w/b bazaar,but you're not the Tami that lost so much weight as a teenager that she had to get her picture re-taken on her drivers license, are you? It's kind of funny-I'm usually the one that notices someone from WI on this website & you caught me off guard. Ginny: You sound as busy as I've been this summer. Were you able to keep the two young "lovebirds" at a safe distance from one another? It won't be too long & I'll probably be dealing with the same problem in my household. The time sure flies by, doesn't it? As for our new challenge: As I said in our previous thread, I will also join the 5# 3-wk. challenge. I'm not sure how I'll do though, as I leave for the "Northwoods" on Saturday for a weeks vacation. I'm a little concerned to leave the cats for an entire week alone in the house together, so between my DM & DB, they will take turns staying at the house. So...with overnight guests staying @ our house while we're gone, I'm running around like a chicken with it's head cut off getting the house cleaned & organized! I normally do an extreme job of cleaning the house anyways before a long trip, as I like to return to a clean house. With my Mom staying here, I'm not sure how clean it w/b when we return though. I call her a little tornado, as she can mess my house up just coming over for dinner! So Ginny: How was your day at the lake? Did you catch any trophy fish & did you get a little burned? I've been pretty lucky this summer & managed to tan quite nicely, with minimal burning at the start of the season. Does this happen with age, or just a streak of luck? lol
Spryng:
I really envy you for your size 8 jeans getting big on you. (A little jealous,too!) lol Muscle can do wonder's for our bods, can't it? As for your dd's hernia surgery: I hope all goes well & am sending out my Get Well wishes in advance. I just talked to a lady the other day that has a little girl that went through the same operation on her 2 y/o. This same little girl went through stomach surgery when she was only hours old & she made it through both operations with little or no problems. Well gals, it's time for me to start a load of wash & do my Cinderella chores for the day. TTFN
Old 08-01-2002, 10:57 AM   #7  

Hello Girls!

Well the girls are finally better! I'm so glad.
I don't have much time here so I'm gonna be short. Glad to see you all are doing ok! Mel, WTG girl!!!
Old 08-01-2002, 10:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Wow. I can't believe it. I've been posting here an entire year now I think I joined when it was at thread # 12. Wow. Now it's at # 56. And I'm still trying to get off these last 15 lbs!!

Jackie thanks for joining the 5# challenge. I know you are going to be busy the next few weeks so even a couple lb loss will be a challenge for you but I'm here to root you on!! Did you get on the bike yesterday? I didn't. I feel bad about it. But after I get the house in order this morning I plan on getting on for a good stretch.

Ginny thank you for being concerned about my dd. I was really scared about the idea of surgery but the doctor was more than generous with information and made me feel lots better. He's done alot of surgeries on children for hernias so I know she is in good hands.

Well I had a peach for breakfast so far today and am planning on eatinglight because my eating was horrible yesterday. I was a little stressed out. I really need to get control of myself.
TTYL!
Old 08-01-2002, 12:11 PM   #9  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!!!!
(it is almost afternoon............oh well)
How is everyone today???
Jackie, your upcoming vacation sounds great.......nice and cool and peaceful! (just the kind of vacation I like!) I hear ya with wanting to leave the house clean b4 vacation- so this is a difficult week for you getting everything in order. (but that has to burn some calories, eh?) Have a great time! When are you leaving? We will miss your humor and friendship here.... and your long posts. I hope that the kitties are just fine, Clarabelle should be fine and I hope that the kitten is not too destructive without you around. (sorry, I forgot her name) Glad that you are joining us for the 5# challenge. Even while on vacation it is nice to know that you have a goal ahead of you to focus on when you get home.

Michele- congrats!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you that those nasty chicken pox are gone! Glad that you only can get them once too, right? Enjoy being able to go in public with your girls again too.
(I found that hard as Dd and Ds got chicken pox sequentially- so I was unable to get out for almost 3 weeks).

Spryng-I hope that today your eating is getting back under control! Oh, I know how tough that can be? With regards to your stress, is that because of Dd's surgery or something else? (if it is none of my business that's ok- I do pray for my thread friends and it helps to be specific that is all). Is this a carry over from the stress you were under a few weeks ago? It is good that you have confidence with Ds's surgeon and that he has done a lot of this procedure. I will continue to pray for her and you.

Well, as for me, we survived the lake. It is a remote primative lake, and there were not too many people there. Dd (6) went to a water park with some friends, so I took Dd and her Bf and Ds.
There is this great rope swing over the lake, sort of like tarzan- that you drop 15 feet into the lake. Dd and her Bf went in- Ds chickened out, but still had a good time. It was awful hot...... so we did not stay all that long. But we had fun. And yes I was successful at keeping Dd and Bf from too much time alone- they had their privacy but not enough to get into trouble.

Well, speaking of anniversaries (Happy one year Spryng!) mine at this site comes up at the end of the month (2 years). And, blabberpuss me, this is my 800th post (ye gads!!!). Guess I like it here a bit. Oh, and I forget exactly how much I weighed when I started- but I am down somewhere around 15# from my first post 2 years ago..........no speed record there..........and I have put on a few pounds, lost a few. Guess the good news is that the overall numbers are down.
Enough blabbering......got my walk in this am and so far my eating has been very good.
Have a great day!!!!!!!!!
Ginny
Old 08-01-2002, 12:22 PM   #10  
Diet Freak ;)

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well. Sprying....your jeans are too big? Great for you. I kept all my big jeans. I like to still put them on. LOL. A big reminder for me.

sinnrah
Old 08-01-2002, 12:36 PM   #11  

Hello ladies!

Well, last night I was soooo tired when I got home from work at 9 (I work part time-nights and weekends-at a wild life art gallery) but I MADE myself ride my bike. Even though I only did about 13 minutes....guess it's better than nothing. I'm going to start doing the Walk Away the Pounds tapes....anyone have any opinions on these???

Jackie -I live right by LaCrosse. Nope it wasn't me that had to get her drivers license photo retaken! I guess we don't live near eachother but it's always fun to find another Wisconsinite on the boards!!!

Ginny -Happy 800th post!!!

Melissa -I forgot to congratulate you on you loss for last week! Keep it up!!!

Oh man I forgot who else I was going to post to!!!! Oh well I have to get going before my ds ends up killing my dd!!! UGH! Have a great day everyone and remember our challenge---5 pounds...WE CAN DO IT!!!!

Tami

230/221/???
Old 08-01-2002, 01:14 PM   #12  
Searching for Motivation

Hi All

Ok this really is going to be short today as I've been on the pc all am sending emails to all those people that I haven't talked to/seen in a while. Sheesh!! That can be really time-consuming - but I'm glad it's done!

Spryng - I am sending my well wishes for your dd during her operation. She sounds like she's in good hands and will be just fine . I hope your stress doesn't consume you too much - try to find something that will make you relax for a while - maybe a bath while the kids are napping?

Tami - sorry for not welcoming you earlier!! Nice to meet you! I'm Jen, married for 8 yrs with 2 girls (6 and 4) and one naughty little puppy. I'm using exercize as my weight loss tool of choice and seem to be doing well so far. Hope to hear lots from you as you get to know us here and get settled.

Ginny - WOW 800 posts is a ton!! But at least you always have good advice and inspirational words. We would miss you if you cut back!

Jackie- have a great time in the northwoods - it sounds so fun! And you need to figure out what's going on with those pc's of yours - we don't want you to be "lost in cyber-space"!! I hope your mom doesn't destroy your house too much while you're gone

Gotta scoot - lunch time now and my dd's want to get on the pc and look up some games on playhouse disney. I plan to do tae bo today (ugh! it's one of my least favorites - sooooo hard!) but what can I say? Do I want to look good or be lazy......hmmmmmm......... .

Have a great day - talk to you soon!!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2002, 03:57 PM   #13  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Default I'm Here

Hi Everyone!

This is Karen (crochetlegacy) I am having trouble with my server and I couldnt get 3FC to update my email address. So I am using my OLD sign in!

I have been reading just unable to post!

I have to run right now.. but I will check back in later!

Hugs!

Karen
Old 08-02-2002, 12:12 AM   #14  
One day at a time.

Hi ladies,

It's been a little crazy around here, but I wanted to check in! Didn't even get to exercise today, but did plenty of stuff to make up for it! Dn's dad is coming up tomorrow and he's also bringing 2 Dd to visit thier big brother! On top of that we are going school shopping tomorrow, because we have a TAX HOLIDAY this weekend on clothes and school supplies! Can't pass that up!!!

I'm glad to see that everyones doing fine, I'll have to address everyone later! Hoping Dh doesn't catch me playing again (he's still squishing hornets!) I'll TTYS !! Take care!
Old 08-02-2002, 08:59 AM   #15  
Searching for Motivation

Good Morning All

Checking in quite early for me - just got the girls off to the grandparents' house for the day. I woke up completely in a daze this am and even turned my alarm off cause I forgot what day it was - dh came up all frantic cause he thought he'd be late. Boy, he should know me better than that - there's no one this side of the Mississippi that can fix little girls' hair faster !!

Anyway, made my version of Chinese last night and had quite a bit, actually. I don't know what it is about Chinese but I ALWAYS feel hungry again about an hour after I eat it. So rather than eat, I decided to paint all my nails and keep myself plopped on the couch. (At least with wet nails I can't eat, right! )

Poor dd (6) got sunburned under her eye playing in the pool yesterday and we had slathered the sunscreen on her! I put the aloe vera gel on her and that seemed to sooth it - poor thing I know she'll be out playing today at dg&g's, so I hope she remembers to wear her hat (crossing my fingers)!

Well today's w/o du jour is Kathy Smith's abs and thighs. I like this one cause it focuses on my major trouble areas and boy is it challenging! There's 3 levels for both muscle groups and if I were to be able to get through the entire tape, it would take about 1 1/2 hours! As it is, I can only muster the strength for 2 levels of abs and 1 level of thighs. Maybe some day............ ...........sigh!

Well, I can see I've babbled on long enough - I have quite a habit of doing that it seems! Have a great day today ladies!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread