South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 05:07 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Finally Friday Beach Chat

Good Morning

Cottage, I hope you're feeling better this morning!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm really glad its Finally Friday. I'm up early as always, but this morning have an early houseguest. Mom wants to make raspberry jam so she's showing up at 7:30 berries in hand. At least our "family chores" will be done early....and this is much more fun than her new thrift store vacuum I had to reconstruct on my kitchen floor yesterday. *ick*

I'll spend my day trying to finish up all my paperwork and getting ready for an early Saturday morning blast off. I get to spend a whole week over the hill and I'm excited already! I just hope it lays off snowing here while I'm gone so I can enjoy my time-guilt free.

What's up in your world today? Stop and chat a bit before heading down the highway.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 11-13-2009 at 05:24 AM.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Lexiss and all!

That sounds like a nice morning (if you get along with your mom!). Have fun "over the hill"!

For me - it's day 3 of phase I. Yesterday went fine, although my mind wandered a bit (on snacks!) during my down time at work. It's honestly harder not to weigh myself than it is not to snack! I'm in the habit of weighing every 1-2 days, just to keep an eye on my weight. I didn't want to this time, because I'm afraid I'll say to myself, "oh look, I dropped a couple pretty easily, I can stop now". So, nothing til Tuesday next week.

Thank goodness, the week has gone better! My son was not a pure devil last night, my head feels better , the dog is not poopin' everywhere, and it's FRIDAY!!! For me, I work 2-7 today. I think I'll be a bit lazy this morning, then take the dog on a nice walk, then maybe clean if I convince myself.

Hope you have a good one!
Old 11-13-2009, 07:07 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Good morning Debbie, I'm so glad you've got a nice weekend planned.

Cottage, I too hope you're feeling better today.

I don't know about the rest of you but I've been having a hard time with this site for the past 24 hours. I didn't realize quite how much I enjoy reading and posting here until I started having problems accessing and posting. I sure hope things get straightened out today.

I'm glad it's Friday. I've got lots of fussy, sniffling kids at school - they've got colds and feel lousy but aren't really sick enough to stay home. They're good kids and I'm really fond of each one but it's been a long, long week and we all need a couple of days off to rest up. lol I'm hoping to walk with Rita after school, we didn't walk yesterday because I had Good News Club and she didn't have time to wait around til the kids left at 4:00.

I'm thinking I may try to do a little more Christmas shopping this evening. The crowds are always thinner on Friday night than on Saturdays and I've got to get our packages for OR and PA all ready and sent out within the next few weeks or I'll be paying more than I want to in postage. Besides, I love Christmas shopping. I'm always looking for an excuse to pick up gifts. lol

Have a great Friday friends!

Edited to add, Hi Twynne! I'm glad things are looking better at your house this morning. Have a great, on plan day!

Last edited by Heidi58; 11-13-2009 at 07:10 AM.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:38 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Twynn and Heidi

I visited early, before the site went down. I think Ruth has already headed to the gym.

Heidi, I visited your blog this AM before the glitch. It's really very nice! I'm gathering things for mailing, too. Last year the family simplified which is nice. More homemade-and I make sure that shipments to each family fit into the one price priority boxes. Have a great day!

Twynn, glad your head is feeling better and you don't have to work till later. Enjoy your morning whatever you decide to do. Mom and my relationship-sometimes testy, but she's 88 and I try to be a good daughter and help her life be as stress free as possible (translation-I don't let her manipulate me into disagreements). She loves making jams and jellies, but the whole process is a bit much for her. I do all the running around and she sits on a stool and stirs.

The rest of the crew is up here. Guess I'd better go and be social!
Old 11-13-2009, 09:41 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I keep trying to post. I got smart and saved it so I don't have to retype every time the site pretends to be up

Well, I'll give it a try. Wonder if 3FC will stay up long enough to
post this time?!

Good morning Maybe we should have extra coffee for the site!

Debbie - Enjoy the raspberry jam making and the weekend!

Twynn - glad yesterday was a bit better all around. I'm not as good as you - still 95% on plan but having trouble with that darned scale.

Heidi - I haven't even thought about the shopping yet. Hope it's a quick and easy day with a walk in the middle.

I'm off to the parents again, so no internet for me. It's a quick trip this time. I'll get in after their dinner (I'm bringing my own).
Mom and I well watch Up and drink wine tonight. Then tomorrow we're spending a girls' day out. She thinks my Dad is feeling a bit guilty about being a major PIA the other day. Any bump in the road and he drops into major ranting about the hopelessness of everything. It's tough on her. She and I get to go to the big book sale then lunch out and thrift store shopping. Should be fun. I'll head back Sunday after breakfast and a walk.

Hope you all have some "me time" planned this weekend along with all the lists and business
Old 11-13-2009, 09:51 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

perseverance pays off! (I missed posting )
Closed Thread